3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Ragnar Silver Wolf 19.11.21 09:32 pm

Krakozyabry instead of names (Spellforce: The Order of Dawn)

Hi. I decided to spoil the first trilogy with Spellforce. The question is this: if I set the resolution to 1024 by 768, then all the rules, and if 1152 to 896, then instead of names and titles, when you point the mouse at the YG or the enemy, not a name in Russian, but krakozyabry. What could be the problem? Patch 1.53. I also tried it at 1.54. Windows 7 64 bit, vidyuha asus geforce gt540m 2 giga and 8800gts 512 mb is the same. The monitor resolution is 1600 by 900 (in a laptop) and 1280 by 1024 (on a pc). I changed the resolution to a smaller one. I put different versions of firewood on the video card. All the same. Maybe you need some kind of fonts for high resolution?
13 Comments
Sort by:
L
Limemax 19.11.21

Ragnar Silver Wolf
Have you tried setting even higher resolution?

R
Ragnar Silver Wolf 19.11.21

Limemax
So the fact is that there is no higher resolution to choose from. In the game itself, 1152 by 896 32 bits is the largest, although I have 1600 to 900 maximum on my laptop. And the game doesn't support widescreen 16: 9 16:10 screens. Maybe there is a fix for this

L
Limemax 19.11.21

x 768 max More can only be done in Spellforce 2
So that nothing distorts

R

Limemax Got it
. Thanks. But I'll still look for a fix for 1152x896. Since there is such a resolution in the game, then, in theory, everything should be displayed normally

L
Limemax 19.11.21

Ragnar Silver Wolf
Not for the Russian version
Although, I'll look through the forum more closely, maybe that is

L
Limemax 19.11.21

Ragnar Silver Wolf
By the way, did you notice the "error" sounds on the snow maps?

R

Limemax
Yes, I didn’t seem to notice. I played for a long time, about 6-7 years ago. If there was, I don't remember already.

L
Limemax 19.11.21

Ragnar Silver Wolf
Found a bunch of fixes adding a bunch of permissions, but this is something wrong, and everyone has some kind of "side effect". But I found out why patch 1.53 is needed. He fixes a bug with impassable gates ... Although this is not so much a bug, just if you quickly click through the tutorial, then you just won't get through the gate, such a punishment =)

R

Limemax
I know that. I had this patch. There were no problems. I remember the first glitch in the game was before the patch, when I killed the skeleton of the mosaic and the game was hanging. Put a rusik from the sergeant and everything became normal

L
Limemax 19.11.21

Ragnar Silver Wolf
Yes, only for English it is possible to set better resolutions.
Now checked in English and Russian.

L
Limemax 19.11.21

Ragnar Silver Wolf
Yes, and problems with permissions are alien to me, AoEII taught me to play at 800x600 and I play, for example, I don't like playing more than 800x600 in AoEII =)

L
Limemax 19.11.21

Ragnar the Silver Wolf
How about putting another crack? According to the idea, the ZoG crack is better made for the game (in terms of work and compatibility).

R

Limemax
Thanks. I will definitely try Rusik from ZoG. And as for the resolution, 1024 by 768 is quite satisfactory for me. I've played like that before. I just would like a clearer picture, but it's not that important here. The game is cool and you don't pay attention to such trifles. It's just that the PC has assembled more powerful, I thought to try it with a higher resolution. Well, he sang 2 as it did not really ride. I played once, passed 2 3 and threw. Somehow tired of it. Although the graphics have become better, it’s still somehow not right, and the pumping system is not very convenient, or rather, it’s simple and you don’t bother too much here, since skills do not depend on characteristics, and they were abolished. The pumping system is as simple as mooing. Someday we can go through once to the end with add-ons, but while there is Skurim, Pilars of Eternity and Alien Isolation, and the Witcher 1.2 parts + 3 I will buy or swing. So the games are heaps. There is not much time for games yet.