3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GV-2 19.11.21 09:32 pm

Definition of Mods (Which, What Simulates?) (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

Hello everyone! Guys, sometimes there are small problems, more often for people who are not particularly experienced in the field of knowledge of computer technology. Or, to put it simply, not everyone is a computer game expert!
By the way, I am also not an awesome gamer and user, but a very mediocre one.

So ... Sometimes, you install a mod into the game, and after a while, you forget what kind of mod it is and what it simulates. Especially if the name of the mod is too clever.
And sometimes, you install a version of the game in which there are already some mods ... And then you don't know what they refer to at all!

So I propose a special topic where more knowledgeable comrades can help less knowledgeable ones! For that they will be an undoubted "plus".
17 Comments
Sort by:
C
CJloHuK 19.11.21

> simulates
Is it not destiny to enter the name of the mod into Google?

G
GV-2 19.11.21

Here is my first question. I installed the next version of the game. There are mods that are understandable by the name: KAMAZ, or ZIL ...
But there are also a few of them that I don't know what they are modeling.
Simply, the game kicks out when you enter a car dealership. So I would like to know what's what, so as not to remove the necessary mods ... And delete those that I don't need.

What do: Color Photos of drivers_v1.0 mean? It is clear that this is a chromaticity, some images ...
Mod_oficina tm_Postos_Grandes ???
Open_accessiories ???

And by the way ... Can you rename mods? And will it not affect their performance?
For example (from the bulldozer), some: erty_avper_bnq rename to: korobka_automat?

G
GV-2 19.11.21

Model - from the word "model" (change the model). Not to be confused with "moderating"!

t
timoha097 19.11.21

The same trouble with abstruse names, I would like to know how to rename then it would be easier to understand the mod folder.

l
leonid broom 19.11.21

timoha097
tell where to get a Peterbilt 389? there are no dealers in the infe!

A
Anatoly7469 19.11.21

Well, here I am, following the advice of experienced people, I create a text document and enter there the name of the mod and what it is responsible for! I'm not lazy writing problems disappears!))))))) Well, except for those in the place with the game!
Open_accessiories ??? this opens prices from the 0-level I think so! and renaming is easy!

t
timoha097 19.11.21

leonid broom
In the iveco car dealership

G
GV-2 19.11.21

Anatoly7469 A
good idea ... I, somehow, did not think about it.
Although, if you can rename the file, then you won't need a text document either.
Simply, I installed a different version of the game (different from the one I had), and in it, when you visit some salons, the game kicks out. There are some mods that are not clear what they are replacing. So, I decided to consult ... Maybe I'll find mods that knock out the game? But for this, you need to know - what, what does it mean?

G
GV-2 19.11.21

Guys, don't minus! Just leave it as it is. Why would people spoil statistics?

l
leonid broom 19.11.21

timoha097 ATP
! have already found! and glass "not cloudy" on it?

t
timoha097 19.11.21

Leonid broom
at the expense of glasses I do not know, I myself recently downloaded it, I have not tried it

b
bobrdobr 19.11.21

GV-2
Oficina em Postos Grandes - Adds services for large gas stations, in detail here http://www.playground.ru/files/euro_truck_simulator_2_servisy_na_krupnye_zapravki_i_mesta_otdyha-64174/
Color Photos of drivers_v1.0 - Color photos of drivers: here www playground.ru/files/euro_truck_simulator_2_tsvetnye_foto_voditelej-71072/

The name of the mod can be easily changed to any convenient and understandable one:
if the mod is without a Manifesto, then the name itself is simply renamed the name itself
if the mod is with Manifesto, then you also change the name in the manifest.sii file in the line " display_name: "

Anatoly7469 ... following the advice of experienced people, I create a text document and enter there the name of the mod and what it is responsible for ...
In the Manifesto, this file (text document) is called mod_description.txt - what you write will be displayed in the information (by the letter "i") in ModManager

G
GV-2 19.11.21

bobrdobr
Thank you!

G
GV-2 19.11.21

By the way ... Strange, but with this mod (Oficina em Postos Grandes), I haven't met any services at gas stations yet ... Maybe I'm not driving there? :)

b
bobrdobr 19.11.21

GV-2
Maybe not there :-)) The mod is no longer officially supported as it is sewn into the Brazilian card EAA2.8 - 3.0

G
GV-2 19.11.21

So you can safely delete it?

G
GV-2 19.11.21

By the way ... I downloaded a few zipped mods. Half of them were unpacked into scs files. And half of them are unpacked into zipped files, and those are back into archives, etc. This is the first time I have encountered such. How do I install them?

More info: I renamed some mods (to make it clearer). This did not affect their performance!