3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shadowarm 19.11.21 09:49 pm

The graphics card heats up

Help guys, it's worth the Radeon 280x it turns out that the video card heats up to 37-38 degrees in idle mode, before it worked (just a week ago) at a temperature of 29-32 in idle mode. I didn't do anything with it, I decided to replace the thermal paste, the problem remained how to be ?!
Ps measured with speedfan now warmed up to 41 C
21 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ramzes181276 19.11.21

Inv1sible
On the go miner. Dr.Web Cureit to help you.

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

Ramzes181276
I'll try now

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

LPSM
you read carefully, I wrote that a week ago this "Normal" temperature was literally 10 degrees lower than now

L
Life is shit 19.11.21

41 degrees is a perfectly normal temperature. Now, if it were 90+ degrees, then it would be cause for excitement. In general, the melting temperature of the PCB is 120 degrees ...
-
Miner? Do you still believe in urban legends ?! Have you used miners yourself? Any miner cannot be launched without activating it with an account with a password, in general, everything is not as simple as it might seem at first glance.

L
Life is shit 19.11.21

fOXY9
I have had a GTX 590 working perfectly for 3 years at a temperature of 85-90. Once, when the thermal paste dried, I observed a temperature of 101 degrees, entered trotting, but still remained alive. Died last year from the degradation of memory chips ...

M
Mordok 19.11.21

fOXY9
EVERY manufacturer indicates the limits of permissible and maximum temperatures in the manuals. And the last one reaches 107 Celsius, with a warning at 98.
With a warning below 90, I have not seen a single card. So yes, 60 is a risk! lol

f
fOXY9 19.11.21

Life is shit
Was familiar with the 500 series, so there is a nuclear reactor. Had 580, the computer heated the temperature in the room by 5-7 degrees (in winter). For those episodes, high fever was the norm.

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

Enough to breed here srach! I don’t need to write about the fact that this is a normal temperature and so on, I just want to know why the temperature that was, increased by 10 degrees!

E
EvgenyDMT 19.11.21

Inv1sible
At what speed does the fan work, at what temperature does it start to increase them and what is the temperature in the load? Do you remember what temperature you had 1-2 months ago? Install MSI Afterburner and manually adjust the fan.
And as the

LPSM said, the
higher the ambient temperature, the hotter the "iron" will be, especially in apartment buildings.

v
vzglydizugla 19.11.21

Inv1sible
And in games (or under load) heating up to 100?
If so, then under the spoiler.
Spoiler This problem may be caused by poor operation of the coolers, debris / dust could get into them, from which they spin more heavily. It is simple to check, take out the card and blow (with your mouth) on the cooler, if it does not spin (the coolers should spin up easily and lose torque gradually) then the matter is in the blockage / lubrication, you actually need to lubricate them with machine oil (sold in small tubes with a pipette) and repeat the check until the rotation is light. Lubrication (in my experience) can be done in several ways, from a simple one with opening the plug on the axle, to a more complex one with pouring oil directly onto the totor (the oil does not close, but it is difficult to get onto the shaft through the rotor).
Based on my experience.

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

EvgenyDMT
there are 2 fans on the card, and they work on automatic rotation, the temperature in the load is about 70-75 (the witcher 3)
before the temperature was about 30 degrees, as he said

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

vzglydizugla the
temperature in standby mode interests me, not working!

A
ABRASc. 19.11.21

Inv1sible
I had this, replacing the thermal paste helps.

v
vzglydizugla 19.11.21

Inv1sible
In my case, the temperature in standby mode increased by 5 degrees , and the operating temperature from 75 to 102.
And again, this is one of the possible reasons, not a panacea, but reality.

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

ABRAStsovy
changed, I don't see any differences)

E
EvgenyDMT 19.11.21

Inv1sible
Tell me, do you know how to apply thermal paste correctly? One of the reasons is that the old paste has dried up and lost its working properties a little, and the new one, due to incorrect application, is not particularly effective than the old one.

T
Traun 19.11.21

On the example of gtx 950
At idle 34 degrees, in many games the coolers do not spin, only starts spinning when 50+ degrees
And I had such a problem on the gtx 770, it turned out that some process / virus was loading the vidyuhu by 100%, killed the process and that's it fine

L
Lisstoman 19.11.21

Inv1sible
41 degrees is completely normal temperature. You can check the frequency of the core and memory in idle time, it should be 300/150 MHz, the load of gn is 0%. If in idle time it is more, then you have some kind of process loading the vidyashka, but this is clearly not a virus, but a system process. Now, if she was basking in idle up to 70+ degrees, then you caught a miner virus

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

EvgenyDMT
I know that there is nothing complicated about the processor or the video card

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

Traun,
when Windows starts up the cooler, the video cards automatically start spinning