3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Catvas 19.11.21 10:03 pm

Campfire Reading: Home (STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl)

I am sorry for the mistakes. The narrative is crumpled, since initially I wanted to fit into a short story and relied on the plot.
1 Comments
Sort by:
C
Catvas 19.11.21

It was a sultry day. The sun at its zenith made the damp, swampy ground breathe steam. The body was asking for rest. The simple one did not argue with him. When he reached a more or less decent-looking hemp, he sat down and took out a flask. Lately he didn't like to be immersed in his thoughts. And the reason for that was quite interesting ...

He woke up in an unknown place, in incomprehensible equipment, and even with a weapon. And I didn’t remember anything. Walking around, I came across strange waves of rippling air, threw a stick there, and from the ground a column of fire! I got scared so I decided not to go anywhere. There were food supplies for another three days, and if you save it, you can stretch it for a week. A couple of days later, by some miracle, a peasant stumbled upon him, who offered to take the Simple to a safe place. A couple of days later they were at the bar. There he was recognized by a friend - Malt. Malt quickly explained what the zone is and what they do. He told me how a week ago Simple left and did not return. Malt himself was going to go in search, but decided to wait. Having listened carefully to a friend ... Hmm, a friend ... It's strange ... A man comes up to you and says that you are almost brothers, but you don't remember him. And if he is lying? But with what benefit ?! These thoughts haunted me. Although he seems to be sympathetic to me and he has charisma. I could be friends with such. Doubts about Malod's honesty diminished when he mentioned their shared cache, in which Prostoy had accumulated a good amount over three years ... A cold shower, consisting of the information he had heard, made him make a decision - to flee the zone as soon as possible. Taking money and ammunition, having learned the way, Simple went to the cordon. I went to the exit.

Why did Malt let me go so easily? After all he told us about what we went through together? Why didn't you accompany me? After all, I practically need it! Leaving in a hurry, it didn't even occur to me to think about these and other questions. And now they were haunted. Therefore, he did not like to be immersed in his thoughts. Taking the last sip, Simple removed his flask and took out a map. If we go straight ahead, get onto the railway and follow it to the left, then in six kilometers we will be at the cordon. Not knowing the exact distance from the swamps to the cordon, it was difficult to calculate the remaining provisions. It was decided to postpone the meal until they arrived at the cordon.

The soft, red rays of the sun shone in the back of a man who was rapidly walking along the railway track. The shadows grew longer and longer, and the silence of the zone was occasionally broken by a thin howl somewhere in the distance. The road turned left, then a railway bridge appeared to the right and in front of me. Soon a granary appeared on the horizon to the right. Heart beat in delight, but do not care about everything! I'll run! The simple one pulled as hard as he could, the feeling of hunger disappeared somewhere, along with a sense of danger. It's just a stone's throw from the storage facility to the village, and there is already the border of the zone. All the joy was instantly cut short by a little bitch sticking out of the ground over which, without a twinge of conscience, the Simple stumbled. Wild luck in the zone is just an illusion that quickly ends. Looking up, he saw, five meters in front of him, a barely discernible sphere with leaves swirling inside. It seems it was a Carousel. I was lucky, Simple thought ... I got up and went to the left towards the road. A village appeared in the distance, well, here it is - the penultimate stage. And then ... Dreams of a normal world were interrupted by a crunch in the bushes. Probably after losing my memory I became an idiot, but after a couple of seconds I was running again. Running on asphalt is probably safer, it was, again, an idiotic excuse ... But don't give a damn about everything! It began to burn in my chest slowly, nobody seemed to be chasing the Prost, but they did not want to stop when the village was so close.

The sun, as if making sure that the person was safe, disappeared over the horizon. After talking with the stalker who stood at the entrance to the village, Simple went into the last house, ate and went to bed. In the morning he did not even begin to have breakfast, quickly packed up and left the village in the direction of the normal world ... After walking about a kilometer, need forced him to stop. Taking the equipment in the form of a piece of newspaper, he hid behind the bushes. Coming out a few minutes later and bending down for a backpack, he heard the sound of the shutter distorted from behind and the phrase: "Stop! You won't leave!" ... It was the voice of Malod ...

- A lot of questions, right? - Asked Malt.
- Uh-huh ... - Grumbled Simple
- Case me carefully, and then ... If there is anything left to ask ... Ask! And don't move!
- Okay, I'll stop. You know ... I'm interested in myself ...
- I know. So ... - Malt thought for a second and continued. “We've been partners for two years now. We were engaged in sorties, the most common ones. They never asked for trouble ... But the last thing you are - Simple, as if not your own muddied. I decided to heat one guy on his stash, but I agreed ... I don't know how you found out about her. And I didn't know why she gave up on you at all. We tracked him down, attacked him, frightened him and made him to the place of news. They brought me in. He dug out this box for us, and you stabbed him in the back right there. I went to the Meat Grinder ... to hide the body ... When I came back I saw how you were opening the drawer, and then ... I don’t know ... a flash and you’re lying ... You know, I don’t want to talk about emotions, you still don’t understand them. As well as you will not understand why I left. Leaving everything as it is ... A little later, I think, not conscience, but a thirst for answers made me send the Flayer there. The stalker that brought you.

Suddenly a strong gust of wind blew, the stalkers by the fire exchanged glances.
- Petrovich, well, what's next ?! - asked one of them.
- Something already wants to sleep ... tomorrow I'll tell you "what's next." - said the stocky peasant sitting opposite.
- Ehh ... This is not a business, eh is not a business ... - The listener said with disappointment, staring into the darkness ...