3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VVSvintar 19.11.21 10:03 pm

Textures show through + Steam issue (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Once upon a time I installed all useless garbage in Skyrim (fashion). There was a problem with textures, how many articles I did not look, no matter how many forums I read, there is no answer anywhere. I reinstalled the game 3 times already. Finally, it dawned on me that the mods do not affect and Steam tied some files, so to speak, to my version of the game (before that I played on another laptop from the same account, the problem was present)
___
checking the integrity of the cache, nothing can be achieved, notifies that 1 file is broken, downloads and nothing changes at all.
So, who knows how to return the initially clean version of Skyrim without any binding?
36 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wild rider 19.11.21

Have you watched what was left in the Skyrim folder after deleting the game via Steam?

"Finally it dawned on me that the mods do not affect and Steam has tied some files, so to speak, to my version of the game"
I do not quite understand you.

V
VVSvintar 19.11.21

Wild Rider
is left with nothing, it cleanly deletes all files

V
VVSvintar 19.11.21

Wild Rider
well i.e. I first blamed everything on the mods that I install after reinstalling Skyrim. Then I realized that this problem was on another laptop. By installing it on this, he apparently downloads to me the same files that I once downloaded for Skyrim. Those. he apparently took them for family and now constantly downloads them to me.
Somehow awkwardly wrote repeating the same thing. But I think it's understandable.

W
Wild rider 19.11.21

"That is, he apparently took them for family and now constantly downloads them to me."
This is the first time I hear something like that .. This, in principle, cannot be.

Okay, what's the problem with textures?

V
VVSvintar 19.11.21

Wild Rider,
as it were, to adequately explain this ... any body in the game (previously only with mods, UNP, SVE now with a standard body, such garbage) seems to "shine through" in pieces. All right, the body, I'm a preoccupied schoolboy, I wanted to put some textures of faces, gear. But after all, faces also "shine through", so do some parts of clothing.

Spoiler

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.21

go to the steam workshop through the steam program, sign off on all the mods of the game.
go find any boob replayer that doesn't have its own bss archive or plugin file to enable it. purely so that there are dds textures and nif files in folders,
look for a BSA extractor program or similar with which you can unpack and pack BSA files.
unpack bsa textures and bsa meshes. replace the files and pack them back,
you can not pack them, but then you need to edit one of the ini files of the game with a regular notepad and remove the bsa textures and bsa mesh from the line. the archives of their games themselves also remove
run the game remove all checkboxes for mods
if it didn’t help to pull the computer out of the socket, throw it against the wall against the floor and then, with a turn from the foot, drive into the cabbage soup to the monitor that will speak but the signal.

g
gmh4589 19.11.21

See if there is a Textures, Mesh folder in the Data game folder. If there is, delete it and try to start the game. Only if you delete these folders, the Russian textures will disappear, but they can be found and reinstalled.
Most likely, in the workshop you are subscribed to updates of some mod, and it is constantly downloaded if you reinstall the game.

V
VVSvintar 19.11.21

MunchkiN 616
And if I did not install mods from the workshop? There will hardly be a subscription there

V
VVSvintar 19.11.21

gmh4589
could not tell where then to download these textures? I thought about this option, but I did not find meshes and textures separately on the network,
and yes, how can I see if I'm subscribed to updates? I personally did not download anything from the workshop

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.21

VVSvintar
most likely, as gmh4589 wrote
, you have a subscription to some mod that changes something for the characters,
or the mod is installed just like that and there are additional texture and mesh folders in the date folder. (I'm not sure if the engine takes the left files instead of those in its archive) but in this case, a complete removal of the game and its directory should have solved the problem

V
VVSvintar 19.11.21

MunchkiN 616
I also hoped for a complete removal,
well, I deleted it, reinstalled it, it does not help
fumbled around the Steam workshop, and I could not find where I have a subscription to mods

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.21

it takes a long time to look for a subscription. I somehow myself searched forcibly found
somewhere waxing where the greenline tab, etc. there is a workshop and somewhere waxing there. or, nevertheless, directly from the game itself, a footnote to the workshop.
eventually a page with a list of subscriptions should be maintained.

g
gmh4589 19.11.21

VVSvintar
Russian textures are somewhere in PG
But how to unsubscribe from the mod:
Spoiler

g
gmh4589 19.11.21

you can find it easier, click to see the workshop, subscribe to any mod, (just be careful, there is now more fighting for a smelly sword than all Skyrim is worth), a link to subscriptions will appear below, click on it and steam will go to the page of your subscriptions

V
VVSvintar 19.11.21

gmh4589
Thank you. I'll check it in the evening, unsubscribe

V
VVSvintar 19.11.21

gmh4589
unsubscribed from mods in the workshop. did not help. I just can't find individual textures, I find only add-ons on pg, and in Google either mods or completely download the game. And yes, no mesh folder, textures only.

V
VVSvintar 19.11.21

To be honest, it starts to piss me off. Reinstalling doesn't help. Unsubscribed from all mods in the workshop, does not help. I manually deleted textures, it does not help.

s
saa0891 19.11.21

VVSvintar

Perhaps it's a matter of firewood or vidyah, if reinstallation did not help.

Delete the game, all the folders that remained are also deleted, and put the game on a new one, if this does not solve the problem, then most likely this is what I wrote above.

V
VVSvintar 19.11.21

saa0891
I say again that these problems were also on ANOTHER laptop (it was weak in nature, I thought because of this)
now again this problem. Well, there can be no problem with the wood. It's just not possible because the same problem on two different laptops (with different chips, video cards, operating systems, etc.) is too much. For today I have already completely uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim for the 2nd time. And before that I did the same. Yes, I deleted it via Steam. Yes, I deleted the remaining files. There is absolutely nothing left in the folder with downloading games via Steam. Unsubscribed from all mods in the workshop. I did not install any other mods. Absolutely "clean" version of the Steam game. Now I'm reinstalling on a new one, I really don't think that this will help me at all.

s
saa0891 19.11.21

VVSvintar

Now I 'm reinstalling on a new one, I really don't think that this will help me at all.

I advise you to reinstall the firewood too, if you have not done it yet.
Alternatively, you can still tinker with the graphics settings, set the lowest.
Do not forget to check my documents, maybe you still have an old INI file there, delete it when you reinstall the game.

If the problem persists, I advise you to contact Steam support, for example, with a description of the problem and a screen.