3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
statickable 19.11.21 10:03 pm

Father and son (spoilers) (Fallout 4)

Friends, the question is! Thank you in advance for your response. Actually, according to the plot of the game in the dialogues, there was no explanation of this or that event (or is it just me inattentive)
1. How many years did Sean become the director of the "Father" of the Institute? This is followed by a question below, if let's say at 40, then
2. What prevented Sean from freeing his father, say, immediately after he became a director?
3. Did Sean know before he became director who his father and mother were and what happened to them?
11 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gigantium97 19.11.21

http://pix.playground.ru/view/815998.jpg
Yes, for sure, I'm also interested in this!

A
Apokalipsis113 19.11.21

statickable
How many years Sean became director
I don’t remember giving a specific number.
What prevented Sean from freeing his father, let's say immediately after he became director?
Nothing. Only he grew up at the Institute, people raised him from there. He was taken away very small - he did not know his parents. So his attitude towards the surviving parent was cool. Well, it's also worth remembering that the parent was a backup plan - so there was no point in releasing it in advance.
Before he became director, did Sean know who his father and mother were and what happened to them?
Yes, they did not hide the truth from him. When he became "Father" at the Institute, he decided to let his parent out of the freezer as an experiment. For one thing, he could bang out of revenge on Kellogg - he still killed his father / mother. And Sean seemed to be hoping for such an outcome - he himself speaks about this later.

A
Alllex236 19.11.21

statickable,
he knew that one of the parents had been killed, he even knew who had killed, but released it not before the "face of death", but because he became interested in what would come of it, and it was foolish to leave the parent (a fallback) for research / work, which performed by Sean, he said so himself on the roof of the institute

b
bolzen 19.11.21

that's why I blew up the Institute. because nefig to treat parents as a consumable.

W
Wise fool 19.11.21

statickable
We are just an experiment to Sean, as are all surface dwellers. Since he was brought up by the Institute, he has no attachments to the GG and he possesses the same hypocrisy as the entire Institute: "For the good of all mankind, but everything for the Institute, and not for the inhabitants of the surface." How old he became "Father" no records have been found. One can only speculate based on his intelligence and vanity.
The first time I met him, I just put a bullet in his forehead. The second time, when I already delved into the essence of their community, I realized that the first time I was not mistaken.

A
Atay Wolverine 19.11.21

Regarding the second question. I took a close look at the terminal logs in Vault 111 and came to this conclusion.
Due to the fact that the cryostasis process was completed prematurely (when Kellogg killed the GG's wife and kidnapped Sean), a systemic failure occurred, and the life support of the cryochambers began to be disrupted, so people in them began to die in turn. Therefore, so that his parent does not die, Sean remotely (from where?) Brought him out of the state of cryostasis. This is the first version. In the second version, you need to pay attention to the following two entries in the terminals. The first says that the evacuation of residents is allowed if 80% of them died in a state of cryostasis, which is what happened. From the second entry, we learn that GG was not manually brought out of cryostasis, as was the case with GG's spouse, but remotely, and this is possible only from the VaultTech office. So either some VaultTech employee freed GG, or an automatic vault evacuation program was triggered, based on the condition of 80% of those killed in cryochambers. This is also evidenced by a computer voice calling to leave the shelter. Based on this, when Sean met his father, he simply makes a good face with a bad game, appropriating his salvation to himself. This is also supported by the following consideration: if he really had some feelings for his father, then why did he not send a group that would meet the GG at the exit from the shelter or inside it? How confident was he that the GG would survive in the Commonwealth, even if Kellogg is surprised and says he expected the Commonwealth to squeeze and spit out the GG? This option appeals to me more. if he really had some kind of feelings for his father, why did not he send a group that would meet the GG at the exit from the shelter or inside it? How confident was he that the GG would survive in the Commonwealth, even if Kellogg is surprised and says he expected the Commonwealth to squeeze and spit out the GG? This option appeals to me more. if he really had some kind of feelings for his father, why did not he send a group that would meet the GG at the exit from the shelter or inside it? How confident was he that the GG would survive in the Commonwealth, even if Kellogg is surprised and says he expected the Commonwealth to squeeze and spit out the GG? This option appeals to me more.

Y
Youxyxol 19.11.21

Atay Wolverine
Well yes, yes. Only now the Vault-Tec offices have not been working for 210 years and the Vault-Tec employees are also 210 years old, well, except for the representative from the beginning of the game that he was gulified. But the institute, with its level of technology, could easily remove the GG from the freeze remotely, take over the control of the shelter, etc.

A
Alexander Asadchiy 19.11.21

Atai Wolverine
Interesting thought 2. Quite plausible
Also drew attention to the word "remotely", I thought who it could be. There is only one inconsistency. If they opened automatically, then why exactly when there was only one person left. There were many people hibernating there. And why exactly GG was the last one. And "remotely" does not mean the asylum system itself. And the Voltek office by that time could no longer exist. And then only the Institute remains.

When I went through the dialogues, Sean said they say - an experiment. Will it survive or not. But this version is also sewn with white threads. What killed the rest and why exactly GG survived after all, any camera could refuse.

Or a scenario blooper or somewhere there should be detailed info. I'll have to look for why the rest died.

In general, in fact, the experiment failed at the moment of manual opening of one of the chambers. If there was a system failure, then why did it not lead to the death of all at once, but to a gradual chopping off over the course of 40 years. In short, I am inclined to believe that the rest died themselves. The chambers are not eternal and obviously were not designed for 200 years. Although why exactly GG survived - a gaffe. Why hadn't Sean released earlier when the others were still alive. Did Sean let out ....... you can't figure it out without 100 grams

Y
Youxyxol 19.11.21

Alexander Asadchiy
It will be necessary to look for why the others died.
Suffocated as a result of failure of the cryochamber life support system. Vault 111 says this in the terminals.

K
Kawaii 19.11.21

Alexander Asadchiy
Father tells everything, and directly. There is no blooper here.
Remotely - since the Institute hacked and established control over the shelter systems, they monitored the state of the GG and the shelter all this time. He woke up only because Father remotely from his terminal gave the command to interrupt the stasis process and conducted an experiment on the GG.
The rest suffocated, their cameras were deliberately turned off by order of the previous director of the Institute, after which the resources were sent to one cell, which actually helped the GG's camera to work for so long. If this were not done, then people from all the capsules would either die or be released, which was unacceptable for the Institute.

N
Nighthawkreal 19.11.21

In fact, everything is even simpler - Kellogg just turned on the GG camera again, and left the rest to die, moreover, as he says, there was no need for this, they simply did not want to leave witnesses. And then when Father got sick, he was told that a person from the outside should replace him, and from there he didn't really know anyone except his parent, so he let him out to experiment at the same time.