3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HungryDante 19.11.21 11:26 pm

Siege of Cities (Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth)

In general, having played this way up to 300+ turns, I ran into a siege problem. Crack, but it is very difficult to capture cities? Is there a nuclear bomb or something like that. Units simply cannot demolish the city, they are torn to pieces.
30 Comments
Sort by:
s
sniperson 19.11.21

Velianter
No, wait for the DLC "Nuclear-Electronic Bomb of the Future": D

H
HungryDante 19.11.21

shniperson
Well, what the ... these developers are fiends. nyan D:

X
Xorras 19.11.21

Don't take cities. Live pacifism. In harmony.

H
HungryDante 19.11.21

Xorras
But I don’t want it like that ... I’m no longer a human being at all ... I’m a xenos that hates people ...

s
ssd213 19.11.21

Aviation, artillery, xenotitans, ships, if the city is on the coast, have you heard? ..
In general, I do not experience any difficulties in this regard.
I have already captured 3/4 of the land, the last enemy remains, I think I will finish it today or tomorrow.

H
HungryDante 19.11.21

And if the city is surrounded by rifts and mountains ... you have to pump units ... it's so chilling ...

W
Wolf88 19.11.21

Velianter
Personally, for me, a top superiority unit, a true angel, demolishes any city in a maximum of three moves, while he has a ranged attack on one cell, the city does not respond.

M
Mihasik55 19.11.21

Yeah, the enemy in the cities has 3 fighters each (they got me) if I hit the city with the sea ships, if not, then I endure the artillery nafig.

j
jsilverst 19.11.21

Tell me, how to shoot down satellites above water and above ground? It seems that the tank has a button to shoot down, but
there is no sense and the plane does not work in any way. If you can describe it more specifically.

l
lens_88 19.11.21

buy a rocket rover. find which hex the enemy satellite is hanging over (there is usually a graphic effect), bring the rocket rover to the neighboring hex, press the "shoot down satellite" button (unit panel, lower left corner), eat nuts. above water you carry out similar actions with a gunboat.

j
jsilverst 19.11.21

lens_88
Thank you! Let's try. Now I started to play again.

E
Eriori 19.11.21

At the Righteous, you build spacemarines and you swing artu with rangers, they have an ochrinous rank. If there is little, there is a land cruiser. All nations have something.
Wolf88
If you swing the city into defense and launch a satellite, it will almost one-shot this angel, and he will not even be able to scratch the city. : D

j
jsilverst 19.11.21

Looks like a game bug or hell knows what. The enemy city has just been created, I surrounded it with 6 True
Angels, 12 Excellent VSBO, one satellite and 3 aircraft. For an hour he was hammering and to no purpose,
natural immortality. Apparently we need to wait for the patches.

w
withouturlove 19.11.21

Not difficult if you have a concept of strategy and tactics.

j
jsilverst 19.11.21

And here is the strategy and tactics, this is a turn-based strategy - more powerful units, that's the whole
strategy and tactics.

a
amkmonk 19.11.21

jsilverst A
city ​​can only be captured by melee combat. This is nonsense, but true.
And all of the above units have a long-range attack, i.e. they shoot the city up to 1 hp and that's it. Next, you need to take any unit with a melee attack and attack the city.

And the gunboats are just imba. They pumped for superiority are able to move after a shot. Combined with a large number of movement points, you can swim up to the city, shoot and swim away to a safe distance. Such a gunboat takes out a city with 60 defense in three turns. But, as I said, after that you need to capture the city with a melee unit.

And a little offtopic, since we're talking about cities:
I am terribly enraged by fines for science, development, workers' speed, etc. for the number of cities. As a result, many cities only slow you down. And the loss of the city doesn't hit your economy. Yes, you are losing resources produced by the city. But fines for the number of cities are also reduced.
It seems to me that without these penalties there would be much more dynamics in the game. And the war for the cities would really be an important component. And the game would not have stretched for 1000 moves, because everyone would develop faster. And domination would be a real alternative to victory. And now it is much easier to go into defense and build a miracle.

j
jsilverst 19.11.21

amkmonk I
just have 6 True Angels - these are melee units and I surround the city with them.
I hammered another city on the coast with 4 ships and one True angel and everything is
useless.
Yes, it's a pity, but I'm only interested in a military victory, others are not interesting.

a
amkmonk 19.11.21

jsilverst
Angel (and its enhanced versions) also have a ranged attack. Although it is one space, it is considered long-range. The enemies do not respond to it. Try it with an ordinary tank or a soldier.

j
jsilverst 19.11.21

amkmonk
Thanks, I'll try. Now I downloaded another repack and will start over.

G
GearsMercer 19.11.21

Can the station be captured? (Not the capital)