3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vladimir Platonov 19.11.21 11:49 pm

3970x, 4960x, 5960x

I was sitting on an outlet .. I
looked at the prots and decided to find out what was wrong with these extreme prots.

Processor Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition 3.5GHz / 5GT / s / 15MB (BX80619I73970X) s2011 BOX
More details: http://hard.rozetka.com.ua/intel_core_i7_3970x/p247774/

Price 12.5k hryvnia.
As I understand it, the percent has a turbo boost up to 4.0GHz

Processor Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition 3.6GHz / 5GT / s / 15MB (BX80633I74960X) s2011 BOX
More details: http://hard.rozetka.com.ua/intel_bx80633i74960x/p307734/

Price 24k Hryvnia.
percent boosts to 4.0GHz automatically

What do we see here for + 100MHz per core and for the fact that the percentage of the 3rd generation and not the 2nd we pay 2 times more, and the increase in performance, most likely, will not be X2 - so that everything converges on the price tag, there are suspicions that even 50% will not increase, but oh well, this is dry analytics.

Well, and 3, everyone is now beloved for 1.25k tank percent.

Processor Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Edition 3GHz / 5GT / s / 20MB (BX80648I75960X) s2011-3 BOX
More details: http://hard.rozetka.com.ua/intel_corei7_5960x/p1342752/

price 30-32k HRN somewhere - like lucky.
we have + 2 cores, the next generation, new RAM, etc. ..

Actually the question is, is all this worth the money - am I for 4960x and 5960x?
+ now there are games that will load the percent completely .. all 6-8 cores?
or you can not soar your head and buy "STONES" 3970 and this will be enough for another couple of three, or even more years?)
Now everything essentially depends on video cards, huh?

Who is interested, unsubscribe here and tell me to the lad from muhosransk all about these prots =))
I will be glad to read you and learn a lot or not quite a lot of new things .
Please write objectively.
And not like this - well, then - more expensive - it's better.
4 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lehander 19.11.21

These processors are not for games, forget about them

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.21

whether it is worth the money to decide the current baker
the 3970 and 4960 processors can have different data transfer rates on express buses. but it’s lazy to look for it. if it is express 2.0 then it is somewhat slower than 3.0. This must be clarified in order to answer accurately.
then the latter, with equal frequency, is somewhat faster because the architecture is newer.
5960x this current ddr 4 and, accordingly, the core and architecture.
now there are games that will load the percent completely .. all 6-8 cores?
depends on test condition and load. if you put a lot - many video cards of the coolest, then at the default processor frequencies they will probably warm it up to about the ceiling. however, with their such multicore, there is a problem: the actual bandwidth on the lines and memory, as well as the appeal to the driver. it does not seem to be asychronic and the current is reversed from one nucleus. and if there are a lot of GPUs, I still understand that the request is issued once for each GPU, and everything else is empty processor time, so it is not loaded.
what is nada? or wait for asynchronous shaders dx12. or drive all the cores to shit with the most elite memory higher than the frequency of the processor controller in order to further reduce delays. and the more nuclear the processor is, the more fierce it is to drive it.
otherwise the Dravkals will stick across the cores.
and so, for example, must load total var Rome 2 and add-ons to it.
Now, everything essentially depends on video cards, huh?
if the goal is very high fps 150-350 at low resolution, then everything depends on the processor. the more and more powerful video cards, the more depends on the processor. the higher the resolution, the more video card time is spent accordingly.
at low fps, the processor is naturally a bottleneck.
personally my pitch the thesis that in the gaming pitch GPU the performance should conditionally be 2 times higher than the CPU performance, for example, in the 3d mark vanteid test. thus 3xxx-4xxx should reveal 2-3 980s as a performance pitch, and for 5960 cards it may not exist yet. But in 4k, the picture changes fiercely. depending on how to approach this issue.
I personally think that 3970 of my money is worth under 2 ultra video cards and a moderate screen resolution. if a pitch is needed an advanced new but not ultra-left better than 5930 and its frequency is higher, therefore, as I wrote, the efficiency. and if everything is at maximum it is clear that it is at maximum.

V
Vladimir Platonov 19.11.21

MunchkiN 616
that is, in fact, now is such a time that it is generally pointless to buy top stones, 6700 or the same 3970 will be enough for 5 years, until "smart men" come up with how to increase the bandwidth and make all the cores painlessly quickly and efficiently they turned from memory and to the wood, so that they, as you wrote, did not do it one by one.
so, in fact, the speed of work will increase many times.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.21

Vladimir Platonov
will not increase the bandwidth in any way, and I think it will not do this in the near future, the
efficiency of accessing the processor, in fact, also absolutely cannot be increased. most likely, under certain conditions, the load will increase with an average low increase in performance for an infinite video card.
regarding these processors, their essence for games is more in the fact that there is a lot of free processor time for different tasks. and I think virtual cores can work 100 percent only in special warming up applications.
Regarding whether games will use 6-8 cores, they are already actively doing this, but not for virtual cores, they work alternately. that each core gives more not as a core but as a kind of increase in instructions per clock cycle.
whether it will be enough for 5 years I do not know. the architecture may simply become outdated and the processor will not bend.
Whether to buy or not is a lie, 2011 is a question at the discretion of the pitch. I believe that the computer should work to overcome the console. those absolutely in everything should be almost multiples faster than her. The memory bandwidth of the console can be very large, however, and the same on modern pitch can be achieved only on a solid lie2011 and 3 in order to beat the most unoptimized games and anger schoolchildren causing envious spasms.