3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Roman Pivovarov 19.11.21 11:49 pm

Replacing Shepard's appearance with the appearance of other characters (Mass Effect)

Good day to all! Help me please. A couple of years ago, I went through ME and edited a file or put a mod that allows you to replace Shepard's appearance with, for example, Garrus or any other character. This time it was not found, please help me find this mod or config!
11 Comments
Sort by:
s
smbdsmoke 19.11.21

Search the BioWare forums for everything. Use the search on the forum itself.

R
Roman Pivovarov 19.11.21

CPAllianceP
Got it. thanks

S
Sidorovich12 19.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
I dug on one of the forums.
go to My Documents BioWare Mass Effect Config, find the BIOGame.ini file, look for the m_femaleActorType and m_maleActorType lines in it. After the "=" sign, there is a description of the character model (male - male, female - female). Change, say, BIOG_Male_Player_C.Human.Human_Male to BIOG_Saren_C.BOS_Saren. Now we launch ME, select: New Game -> Create a new hero -> Create a male character; then everything is to taste, only the appearance DO NOT CHANGE, we take the standard one. Voila, you are now playing as Saren! (You cannot change this line during the game, otherwise, when you start the game again, everything will be reset and you will play as an ordinary Shepard). Other models:
Ashley - BIOG_HumanFemale_Hench_C.hench_humanfemale
Liara - BIOG_Asari_Hench_C.hench_asari
Tali - BIOG_Quarian_Hench_C.hench_quarian
Garrus - BIOG_Turian_Hench_C.hench_turian
Rex - BIOG_Krogan_Hench_C.hench_krogan
Kayden - BIOG_HumanMale_Hench_C.hench_humanmale
Saren - BIOG_Saren_C.BOS_Saren
Shaila - BIOA_WAR_C.ASR.WAR30_asaricommando02
Green asari (clone) - BIOA_WAR_C.ASR.WAR30_asaricommando01

Bah (I beg your pardon, if not properly written the names of the minor characters - all not remember):
Captain Kirrahe - BIOA_JUG_C.SAL.jug20_sal_captainkirrahe
shirts Matsuo - BIOA_ICE_C.HMF.ice_hmf_maekoguard
d'Avignon - BIOA_ICE_C.ASA.ice60_matriarch
Kariya Stirling - BIOA_ICE_C.HMF.ice20_kairastirling
Captain Ventralis - BIOA_ICE_C.HMM .ice60_julethventralis
Het-attack - BIOG_Geth_C.Geth.MIN_GethTrooper
het-shocktropper - BIOG_Geth_C.Geth.ELT_GethShockTrooper
salarian - BIOA_STA_C.SAL.sta30_csec_salarian
Dr. Chakwas - BIOA_NOR_C.HMF.nor10_doctor
Dr. Michel - BIOA_STA_C.HMF.sta60_doctor_michel
Azari-Post doctorate - BIOA_JUG_C.ASA.jug70_asa_compalethea
Azari from the council - BIOA_STA_C.ASA.sta20_asari_councilor
scientist on Eden Prime - BIOA_PRO_C.HMF.pro10_headscientist
Azari-captain of the ship "destination path" - BIOA_ICE_C.ASA.npch_asari_commando
... and the most important discovery:
Nihlus - BIOA_PRO_C.TUR.pro20_nihlus.
By the way, some models, such as the asari stripper, do not have walking and shooting animations. It is better not to put such ones, as there may be glitches.

S
Sidorovich12 19.11.21

CPAllianceP
Ooooo. Local search is blunt.

R
Roman Pivovarov 19.11.21

Sidorovich12
Wow, just what I was looking for, thank you very much =)

S
Sidorovich12 19.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
Yes, he himself used to stir this up, he himself was looking for the same. Not all models are on that list, but only the most demanded and without any problems when using.

R
Roman Pivovarov 19.11.21

Sidorovich12
But now you can feel like a krogan and drive him, at least some kind of variety =)

S
Sidorovich12 19.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
Yeah. It is a pity that you cannot choose one of the party members that you take with you, for example, as in Star Wars knights of the old republic. There you can play for any member of your team, of which you take with you, and you can choose at any time during the game.
Well, about the replacement of Shepard with one of the party members. In Mass effect 3, a similar muddied. It's fun to play for Liara or Miranda in her sexy suit, or you can just put her jumpsuit on a female Shep.

R
Roman Pivovarov 19.11.21

Sidorovich12
And in the second it will be possible to replace textures as well? About 3 here vkurse, but about 2 did not see this at all

S
Sidorovich12 19.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
In 2 hemorrhoids. You can do there to put on any armor or clothing. But with the choice of other models there is much more difficult. The situation is further complicated by packed configs. I somehow tried to stir up the turian skin instead of the male Persian. It seems to have worked out. But then I fiddled over this for several hours.

R
Roman Pivovarov 19.11.21

Sidorovich12
I found a simpler piece. A mod that adds "costumes", that is, you can simply put on the skins of any NPC from the available through the clothing menu