3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gfun 20.11.21 12:03 am

The game slows down (STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl)

Installed the game on Win 7 x64. The game is terribly slow. Everything starts up perfectly without brakes. You start playing, when you move, you release the button - the hero continues to walk. Feeling of stuck buttons. You go to the menu - the mouse slows down so that it is impossible to do anything - it just freezes or moves with long pauses.
RAM 6GB. (4 strips - 2 x 2GB and 2 strips of 1GB), video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 I
installed the latest driver from the site on the video card, deleted it. Installed the driver automatically through updates. Nothing changes.
23 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sidorovich12 20.11.21

GFUN
Reduce graphics settings in options, set lighting to static, anti-aliasing to minimum. The game requires little memory, but the load on the video card is huge. And about Windows. Doesn't really matter. Stalker works equally well on WinXP and 10

B
Bog13zzz 20.11.21

GFUN
Can enable vertical sync.

G
Gfun 20.11.21

Thanks. I will try. It seems that the settings were set to minimum and low where possible. I will try to remove everything to a minimum.
I just thought it might be about x64.

Z
Zhabishe 20.11.21

6GB of RAM. (4 skirting boards 2 to 2GB and 2 strips of 1GB)

Oh, man, I do not know how you pulled this dump fucking komplektuhu, but if you take it and throw it to the demons, then buy 2 to 4 strips GB will get much better. Not in "Stalker" specifically (although in it too), but in general.

S
SonyK_2 20.11.21

GFUN
x64 has nothing to do with it - I ran on Vista and 7 64-bit ones, everything was fine.
About your hardware - read the post above. It is advisable to install the RAM with the same strips - best of all is a "kit" (a set of modules), or separate modules from the same batch.

w
warp 37 20.11.21

Sidorovich12, STALKER: My 8800 GT SoC pulled at maximum. What can we say about the GTX 285? The brakes on this map are not normal anyway.

G
Gfun 20.11.21

I am aware of the planks. It seems to work like that. I can pull out 2pcs. 1GB each. I'll see what happens.
There were no problems in other games.

S
SonyK_2 20.11.21

GFUN
It is better to take out those that are 1 GB each - 4 GB will remain, better than 2.
Just do not forget to leave them in the "correct" slots - so that the 2-channel mode does not turn off.

R
RSergeich 20.11.21

RAM 6GB. (4 strips - 2 for 2GB and 2 strips for 1GB)

Pervert.

S
Sidorovich12 20.11.21

warp 37
So the matter is in the hardware. What else can I say. Make sure you don't overheat anything. Processor, video card. Check thermal paste, water with all radiators. Maybe they have dried up for a long time.

G
Gfun 20.11.21

I have 2 Samsung strips (1GB each) and 2 2GB strips with Aliexpress. You can also do a memory test, of course.
The percentage is exactly normal thermal paste. I had 6400 percent, I put 8400, respectively, I applied a new thermal paste. I changed the percentage about 1.5 years ago, well, I'll check it for everyone. I often drive dust, so the SB is clean.

G
Gfun 20.11.21

SonyK. they are paired in the correct slots. Through one slot.

S
SonyK_2 20.11.21

GFUN
Download any program that shows the temperature:
Speccy
Through one or next, it depends on the motherboard - the main thing is to stand correctly, usually there is a marking of channels in different colors.

G
Gfun 20.11.21

SonyK. I had SpeedFan, I didn't seem to notice overheating. I'll put it on again, I'll follow it. Yes, there was a memory, it was right. I just delivered to empty seats. Errors in memory installation are excluded.
I took the memory here http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Brand-New-Sealed-DDR2-800-PC2-6400-2GB-Desktop-RAM-Memory-only-compatible-with-AMD-processor/531497_1111018674 .html
It seems that everyone has no problems. I bought it for the reason that the Korean Samsung could not be found. With the Chinese Samsung, bought from hands, the computer refused to work.

R
RicoChico 20.11.21

Swap file included?

G
Gfun 20.11.21

I will not say about the swap file. I'll come home and take a look.

S
STALKoЯn 20.11.21

check the loading of all kernels. the default game engine, uses only the first core. you can uncheck the first core (CPU 0) in the manager during the game, click Ok and then return the checkmark. then both kernels will be loaded.

E
Eli 20.11.21

Turn off the grass full of vegetation.

S
SonyK_2 20.11.21

GFUN
... in the background there were updates for the OS ... It is

better to install updates in "manual" mode - there will not be such a situation as you have + you can decide for yourself what you need. With this method, it is less likely to install "trackers" (telemetry) and GWX (get Win 10).

G
Gfun 20.11.21

I didn’t put them. They just hung in the mode of preparation for loading ... In general, I don’t want to install updates recently, I don’t see the point.