3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Liandri347 20.11.21 12:03 am

Big Boss's personality and personality [SPOILERS] (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

After the trailers and interviews, I expected to see Big Boss burnt out with rage, obsessed with vengeance, going to the dark side of the Force. However, I did not find anything like it in the game and after the passage I was upset and disappointed.
Kaz is the best fit for this description, also the personification of revenge - Skullface. However, GG acts as a spectator for the whole game, tells Kazu that they are doing this for the future, saves children to replace diamonds, saves Quiet's life. IMHO even such a gloomy moment as Paz's visions testifies to the torment of conscience and humanity.
I can say that the real Snake becomes cynical, cruel, calculating: he leaves his friends, steals the life of a doctor, leaves him alone. However, YY is not. I watched the game for a long time and after the scene with the burial and diamonds I realized: Ahab is not full of anger, but regret, and a desire to live on. Even the truth about his past shocks him at first, but then there is an acceptance and a smile from the fact that he is the Big Boss.
It seems to me that initially it was supposed to be another part and the main character was a real snake (in the files of the game, under Ishmael's bandages, a medic's face and 2 eyes), but at the end of the development Kojima radically changed everything, decided to put all his remaining ideas, changed the message (history and the end of Quiet destroys the idea of ​​all-burning revenge and creates incredible emotions). This is probably why there are so many questions, inconsistencies and unfinished plot details.
I think the desire for revenge changed the real "Behind the Scenes" snake, and the silent protagonist was an artistic trick so that we completely feel in the game, and not watched from the outside as before. Metal Gear Solid V is not a connecting link, but a rethinking of the entire series and Kojima's ideas and should be considered as a separate work. At least that's the impression I have left.
What do you think?
10 Comments
Sort by:
D
Demon of Night 20.11.21

Malice
I think you're a little wrong. Kojima did a couple of joints, yes. Donate and elements of the notorious nedorpg disappointed me too, but in general it is the same MGS, there is also a worthy meaning and many worthwhile moments. Yes, we lost the voice of everyone's beloved David Hayter, but Snake became less talkative and somehow more reserved, but here you can write off many factors, he became more thoughtful, he went through a lot and if this made Miller cruel and vindictive, then Big Boss just introduced in some kind of despair, meditation, closed him in the captivity of his own body. In addition, part of the figure already knows which one in a row, Kojima said for a long time that he was tired of the series, the fans just forced him to finish it, there were too many white spots in the plot. And he wanted to experiment. If you are familiar with his biography - from a young age he is fond of cinematography, his parents were engaged in this. He always wanted to combine games with movies, this explains such a number of cut walls in the game, because he introduced them to the gaming industry in general. As I noticed MGU 5 has a lot of cinematography, Kojima put a lot of emphasis on that. Constant credits, all this slow-moving, good camera angles, inserts with the words "to be continued" he just experimented. In what it turned out, in what it did not. The game is not average, it keeps a decent level against the background of the same insane max, released on the same day as MGU. In general, in the first couples, I called it Far Gear 5 or Metal Cry 5, it painfully reminded at first, but then this association went away) I can say that the game is certainly much worse than the previous parts, but not without positive aspects and is still very suitable. I was glad that almost all the plot gaps were closed, a clear picture was lined up, now you can replay all parts in turn, in your own story sequence) By the standards of the other games 9/10, by the standards of the MGS 6+/10 series. All the same, no other game will surpass Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 3, these were the most masterpieces of the series. By the number of moments in which I cried, MGS ranked first 4)

M
Maklline66 20.11.21

I was glad that almost all the plot gaps were closed, a clear picture was lined up, now you can replay all parts in turn, in your own plot sequence)
What, excuse me, closed? Nifiga has not closed, there are still questions. What happened to the diamond dogs, considering that in Metal Gear (not solid, but the very first) Big Boss is the head of Foxhound - the government service? How did Snake (or Phantom, God damn them) come to be back in the US? Where on earth did Eli go with Mantis and Sahelanthropus? After all, what has the real Big Boss been up to all this time?

X
XBoy360 20.11.21

Maklline66
But one thing is already clear that the GG in the game is not a real Bug Boss, right? It's just that some words pop up all the way, like the voice of the hard-working Boss, which said during the evacuation of Huey - "You're not a real Snake, are you?" etc. Yes, and it is always written Punished "Venom" Snake, as if hinting not just, as in the fourth - Old Snake, namely Venom, and in the title of the game V, I think, means not "five", but "Venom". Some kind of crap. And where was the real BB really all the time? They should be with Ocelot together, shouldn't they? And he is with us all the way. I haven't completed it yet, but as far as I understand, the answers will not normally be given. And skirmishes with Skullies still look at the level of catching up with flying balls in Halo - there are no skirmishes as such with the villain, but every now and then you have to run like crazy. And also, let it be a spoiler but the villain will be alone all the way? Those. the usual MGU with five or six bosses sent to one place? Everything is straight, as in PW, although there was more of the plot.

M
MrZloi88 20.11.21

The real BB at this time was building the real Outer Haven in Africa, where the events of the first MG took place. There, I think, and all the Dogs moved over time.
At some point, BB decided that it was necessary to keep the enemies closer, returned to the United States and created Foxhound, in which Miller and Ocelot helped him. Venom, IMHO, is Outer Haven at this time. In my opinion, all this could explain BB's desire to mislead Zero - they say, BB has repented and is ready to become a Patriot, but in fact is preparing to put a pig along with Venom.

L
Liandri347 20.11.21

Very interesting cassettes. Recordings of the truth. According to them, there was no conflict between the real BB and Zero, and the idea of ​​a double was originally invented by Zero.

S
SNEL248 20.11.21

tell a person who is not so familiar with the plot, but went through everything.
in 1-2 metal weights do we kill with Venom Solid? And what was the big boss doing and where did he go then?
and in 4 parts at the end was BB or Venom?

X
XocT132 20.11.21

XBoy Venom 360 Pushed the
employee into the water on GB, thus the game ended as if he were dying and Ocelot told me "Are you crazy? You are probably not the BB that we were waiting for" something like this

X
XBoy360 20.11.21

XocT132
Cool.

D
DMITRY SLUKHOVSKY 20.11.21

Liandri347
Well written totally agree !!! In general, the game is amazing and you need to feel it and, most importantly, it makes you think about yourself after passing !!! Let what is not written about Hideo Kajima, he is a great master and absolutely all MGS series were and are MASTERPIECES !!! Anyway, I think this series is one of the best in the video game industry in general !!!

J
JeiGee 20.11.21

Kojima did not quit the game and did not lose. He was kicked out and limited in resources. Now he is in Sonya. Took a lot of resources from the company in a thirst: "to make the game perfect" Much of the game was cut and not completed because the company refused to support the Kojima.