3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
12345789 20.11.21 01:05 am

(Spoilers) Plot Links Misc TWAU: Episodes 1-5 (The Wolf Among Us)

Here I will present everything that I myself have found. I deliberately missed something (explicit references like "this is the woodcutter from the fairy tale about the red hat"), but I really missed something. As laziness and desire to search in the game disappear, I will add new materials. In the comments, naturally add your findings.

Vera:

My mouth is closed ...
Spoiler

Left - Episode 1 (Vera), Right - Episode 3 (Nerissa)
Spoiler

Left - Episode 5, Right - Episode 1
Spoiler

Left - Episode 1, Right - Episode 3
Spoiler

One can dream.
Left - Episode 1, Right - Episode 3
Spoiler

And we will meet more than once.
Spoiler

Left - Episode 1, Right - Episode 5
Spoiler

I bet half the salary that Vera's donkey cloak is in the bag (Right - Episode 5)
Spoiler

Episode 2
Spoiler

Nerissa:

On the stage where Nerissa danced, you can probably see the very jeans.
Spoiler

Perhaps Nerissa brought the head in a package.
Spoiler

Everything fits.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Interesting:

At the very beginning of the game, the frame of the park tells us that this place is significant.
Left - Episode 1, Right - Episode 4
Spoiler A

reference to the character of Little Red Riding Hood as a picture and as a brand of alcoholic beverage.
It's a funny coincidence, in one picture, in another, a person is sleeping.
Spoiler

If you went to Prince Lawrence first, not Toad. You have the opportunity to tell him the truth about his wife, or half the truth. If you tell him the truth, he will try to end his life, and if half the truth, he will point the barrel at Tra in order to find out what happened to his wife.
Left - True, Right - Half-truth
Spoiler

Surprisingly, Lawrence guessed who the killer was in the first episode.
Spoiler

Everyone knows Easter eggs.
The poster for the fictional film Mongoose refers to the 1986 film Cobra with Sylvester Stallone.
Spoiler

Where is Cinderella? Yes, that's walking around the city. It is not known why the character was not added to the game.
Left - Episode 3, Right - Episode 1
Spoiler

And one more mention. Can also be seen in the crowd in the game's opening splash screen.
Spoiler

Well, I hope you all remember?
Left - Episode 2, Right - Episode 3
Spoiler

Cryer - whoever he was considered, but as it turned out, the most common form of a simpleton. So in the first episode, driving up to "Hoof Clatter" you can see him sitting by the fire, but at the same time he is driving your car. It has no peculiarities, apart from the fact that you can meet it anywhere. It can be said to be doing the work of the G-Man.
Hopefully the pimp in purple isn't early model Georgie.
Spoiler

If in the third episode you do not have time to press Q, Tra will accidentally shoot at Snow, hitting her neck.
Spoiler

Uncle is still in debt.
Spoiler

In the Sweet Dessert Club, you can see two items that suggest who Nerissa was in the past.
Spoiler

How does he fight Bigby?
Spoiler

Perhaps everyone already knows about this. In general, the same phrase can be heard at the end of the fourth episode in the lair of Twisted Uncle.
Spoiler

The same street.
Left - Episode 1, Right - Episode 2
Spoiler

Nothing is known about the character. Only the fact that she also works at Sweet Dessert is evident from the ribbon around her neck. The name, by the way, Gwen, is mentioned a couple of times in the dialogues.
Left - Episode 2, Right - Episode 5
Spoiler

Error with the phone (Hotel "Hugs")
Left - Episode 2, Right - Episode 3
Spoiler

Coincidence?
Spoiler

A miniature model of the Toad's car.
Spoiler

Tra - Right-handed, Tru - Left-handed The
spoiler of the

brand of cigarettes refers to those famous words of the Wolf, which he spoke while blowing away the houses that belonged to three pigs.
Spoiler

A regular customer of the "Hoof Clap" bar. Who did not recognize - this is the Beast.
Spoiler The

past life of the Gnarled Uncle.
Spoiler

Probably everyone remembers the tale of the king who turned everything into gold with one touch of his finger.
Spoiler

No comment.
Spoiler

And Ichabod is right. It all started with them.
Spoiler

Someone got into the frame.
Spoiler

The very wheel that twists.
Spoiler

How long has he been watched.
Spoiler

And I want to know why you Grendel are not blind in one eye?
Spoiler of a

Parcel from Gnarled Uncle.
Spoiler

The same Shepard plant, from where the goods were delivered.
Spoiler

The whole city owes Gnarled.
Spoiler

Additions:

There is such a theory about the scenario change for The Wolf Among Us.
After the release of the first episode, a certain player managed to figure out who the killer was. Having posted the theory on the forum of the official TTG site, it became popular. And after that, TTG supposedly had to change the subsequent script, the draining of the characters, the ending, the dialogues, and the like.
It's no wonder how long it took for the second episode to come out - 4 months instead of the standard one and a half. Most of the footage from the trailer for the second episode and all were missing. Even the time it takes to complete the following episodes has become shorter in comparison to the only first episode.
About the killer. It was probably the same red-haired guy. Probably someone remembers that tale about the boy who shouted: "Wolf!" Well, this very red-haired guy was that shepherd and wanted to take revenge for what the wolf made a laughing stock of him in the village and made him hunchback for that stolen sheep. Note that the name of the model is the name of the character Cryer, which translates to "screaming", and the title of the last episode is "Cry Wolf" (a kind of pun).
There is also another piece of evidence - this is Detective Brannigan. This character was actually given a lot more time. Perhaps she played a key role in the third episode, and possibly in the whole story. So TTG changed the promo for the third episode. And the prepared model of detective Brannigan remained lying around in the files of the third episode. The very same actress who voiced detective Branigan - Cece Jones replies about this that she does not know and can neither confirm nor deny, but her character was very cool!
In general, if this was the case, then it seems to me that TTG initially wrote a rather excellent story that surpasses the final one.

The same promo.
Spoiler

Those same models.
Spoiler

The dining room titled "I Am The Eggman" is a nod to the main theme of Dr. Eggman from Sonic Adventures and likely the Beatles song "I Am The Walrus."
SpoilerNot found, but I remember seeing it somewhere.

In the first episode in the bar "Hoof Clap" you can hear the music that we have already met in two other projects from TTG - Poker Night and the Sam & Max series.

Again, in the first episode in Prince Lawrence's apartment, a sitcom is played on TV, the sounds from which refer us to the aforementioned Sam & Max series, or rather the first season of the second episode of "Situation Comedy".

This suspended figure probably refers to that famous legend from the 1939 film "The Wizard of Oz", more specifically to the episode "We're Off to See the Wizard". All the salt: in the crowns of the trees in the background, viewers found a man who hanged himself. This scene was shrouded in dark rumors and speculation. Someone claimed that the gallows worked in the studio as an assembler, and took his own life upon learning of his dismissal. Others “authoritatively” stated that one of the dwarf actors who portrayed the little people had hanged himself. Later, the legend was refuted by the creators themselves. The Hanging Man turned out to be a large bird spreading its wings, taken from an unfortunate angle.

Spoiler

Oceanic Airlines is a fictional airline used in movies and TV series. The most famous meeting with this airline, as everyone knows, is present in the TV series "Lost".
Spoiler A

hackneyed theme.
Spoiler

Author: Charles Bronson

Plot links The Walking Dead: 400 Days
Spoilerhttp: //forums.playground.ru/walking_dead_the_game/spoyleri_syugetnie_svyazi_the_walking_dead_400_days-789388/
16 Comments
Sort by:
A
APXMAG 20.11.21

Charles Bronson
Good selection, but there is one drawback, it is not convenient to look when the pictures are in one row horizontally, they are very small, better change

A
APXMAG 20.11.21

A couple of finds from me:

Georgie smokes the very same "Huff & Puff" cigarettes
Spoiler The

coffin is under the castle
Spoiler

F
Francis I 20.11.21

Just now I noticed: Vera and Nerissa are very similar in appearance. The same facial features, the same nose, though the eyes are different and the hairstyle.
I think that in the photo where Nerissa and Vera are fighting, they are fighting because Nerissa, with the help of the skin of faith, pretended to be Vera. Who remembers there was a bruise on Vera's head?

A
APXMAG 20.11.21

Francis I
bruise she had

Spoiler

12345789 20.11.21

APXMAG
I thought there would be such a remark. You can open more in a new tab and of course it is more visible. Fortunately, the pictures remained in the coming days, I will replace them.
About the coffin. I saw it and I wonder who might be there. In general, I dug up information that such coffins are present in the comics. There is a group of magicians and sorcerers who call themselves the Boxers. They seal the evil spirits and the strongest witches there. Perhaps this is the coffin of Bloody Mary, and perhaps there is someone stronger than Gnarled Uncle himself. Also, Gnarled Uncle had a lot of different artifacts. Those who read the comic can correct me, as I could confuse something.
I found a comic page where there is such a coffin. I warn those who read the comic - spoiler is possible!
Spoiler

And even if you go further, you can find a broom. It is logical to understand what belongs to the witch. Maybe a witch in a coffin.

U
Underblade 20.11.21

Epic compilation

U
UNATCO 20.11.21

Ingenious

p
paaavvel 20.11.21

Charles Bronson
Hmm. Good idea. But why a coffin? That is, I did not notice it during the game, and if this is a coffin, and not just a big box, then the question arises why? Although the essence was not in the box or the coffin, but in closed and completely empty space. So the idea has a right to exist. But I don’t think that this is a Bloody Mary box. It seems to me that the guys who imprisoned in this very box, depicted on this page of the comic, Mr. all their people, but still) will generally think of Bloody Mary. She's not that significant. Oh yes. Does anyone know what kind of symbol is depicted on the coffin?

A
APXMAG 20.11.21

If you do not press "Q" in episode 4, then Pig Heart will set Bigby's hand himself.
Spoiler

The plot of episode 3 was changed.
Spoiler

12345789 20.11.21

APXMAG
Tomorrow I will throw off even more Easter eggs and other interesting things. I'll tell you more about changing the script. The text is already ready.

12345789 20.11.21

Complemented!

A
APXMAG 20.11.21

Charles Bronson
Nice addition, I especially liked the explanation of the plot change. I read about this theory about Kraer, but I didn't think that it was because of this that the plot was changed, but it's a pity that the idea was quite interesting.

Found this 3D model of Cinderella, maybe it was also related to the original storyline.
Spoiler

N
Nighthawkreal 20.11.21

Yes, this police officer was mentioned in the case as a problem type.

B
By_Shadow 20.11.21

by the way, about the change in the plot of episode 3: after the second in the announcement they showed how Bluebeard took the place of the manager, but in the episode itself this was not
Z.Y. all these plot inconsistencies reminded something of the series Lost, it's funny that there is an Easter egg for it))

N
Nikita Belov 20.11.21

I sincerely admire this collection. It's really cool.

I would like to put forward a very interesting theory. I read such an unthinkable hypothesis somewhere on the forums. In general, the man claimed that Colinn was the main killer. I have a suspicion that his thought is correct. The reasons are:

1) In the very first episode, Colleen also smokes Wolf's cigarettes. This is a plus for Vera and Nerissa.
2) There are two important things on the table in Wolf's apartment - an empty box of Chinese food and a pack of cigarettes that Wolf smokes.
3) When in the morning Snow wakes up the Wolf and wants him to go downstairs with her to look at Vera's head, we do not see Collin in the apartment. Instead, in the corridor, we meet a red-haired character who behaves very strangely and greets Snow. I have reason to think of this character as Collin under the enchantment of a human.
3) In the same garbage can, the screen of which is at the beginning, the respected author of this work points to a bag in which Nerissa Vera (whoever you like, I myself, I must admit, did not figure it out) could bring Vera's head (well, you yourself understood. .) I would pay attention to a box of Chinese food and a pack of those same Wolf cigarettes.
4) Redhead (in my logical chain Colleen under the spell) quite often appears in the game in the background. At least, he constantly stands in line at the Administration. He is not there only at the very end, when the Wolf receives the keys and sees Collin with a beer, walking back to the sheriff's apartment.
5) The same redhead constantly, if my memory serves me, gives Wolf a ride in a taxi. A very interesting coincidence.

Briefly speaking. Frankly speaking, I don't really believe in this theory, but it is so .. For reflection on the topic. And the guy on the forum, from whom I borrowed and slightly modified the theory, argued that not everything is so smooth at the Farm, from which Colleen constantly escapes and refers to the fact that this pig, if I may say so, could be a psychopath. In general, such a slippery topic, but I really want to hear your opinion, dear readers.

12345789 20.11.21

Nikita Belov is
very interesting. I would like to add something to say. but to be honest, I've already forgotten everything. be that as it may, the second season will be. then we will remember and understand. By the way, the development of the second episode of Tales from the Borderlands also took a long time. or rather 4 months. like this)
PS just a couple of minutes ago, Tales from the Borderlands passed for the second time. my whole head is full of it. there would be a desire and time would have made such a selection on both GoT and TFTB)