3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TDS90 21.11.21 08:54 pm

Should you overclock your processor?

Good evening everyone.
Is it worth overclocking the processor (for games) i5-3470, 3400 MHz and will it give any gain?
14 Comments
Sort by:
L
LehaM 21.11.21

TDS90
The increase in power will certainly give overclocking. But you need to take into account important parameters. If you are sure that your PC has good cooling and can cope with high heat dissipation, the power of the power supply is enough, then go for it. But I would not do this, With overclocking, the service life of your processor will decrease, there is a risk of ditching it altogether. But everyone decides for himself. I have never overclocked my i5 4590 (3.3 GHz), and I don't need it, there are enough runoff frequencies.

L
Lisstoman 21.11.21

TDS90
Of course worth it. If you know how to do this, then do not be afraid of advisers who talk about reducing the service of the processor, because the piece of iron does not care at what frequency to work with normal cooling and stress.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

Lisstoman
when corralled , the service life is shortened by the fact of pitch-pitch.
all the more so here most likely it will come to drive a motherboard with a processor.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 21.11.21

TDS90

The processor multiplier can only be raised by four points.
And you may need to raise the voltage a little. It is also clear that for processes with a frequency of 3.4 GHz, those that do not pull 3.8 GHz permanently are usually selected. Even the 3570K may require something better than a basic cooler for this.
ZY Stop, 3.4 GHz - you have a turbo on all cores. That is, with good cooling, you can overclock this value to at least 3.6 for all cores, but leave the other modes also 3.6 GHz (or, say, 3.6 / 3.6 / 3.7 / 3.7).

j
jeorje 21.11.21

MunchkiN 616 is of
course reduced from fifty to forty-eight ..

L
Lisstoman 21.11.21

jeorje
Yes, the guy's motherboard is accelerating)

A
A.Hollan 21.11.21

TDS90
I certainly do not want to advise anything bad, but in general, you need to overclock smartly, since you can cover the computer too

b
bloomm 21.11.21

Yesterday the monitor overclocked from 24 to 32 inches, familiar in shock.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

Well, so a peck-pitch processor without an unlocked multiplier, to the same hike, the potential of the multiplier is exhausted already at 200 MHz already overclocked,
and so if you drive the mother's chipset so that the bus is not 100 but 107-112 such a principle the system should master it will already be 3424-3584 MHz with default multiplier without turbo and then the actual overclocking until the express controller flies off. it is worth raising the tension everywhere.
With a shturbbost, everything can be raised if the MP supports a thicker voltage, put it to get about 4.1 GHz,
this will reduce the service life of the cpu to about 3-5 years, probably. see at what minimum voltage he can and whether he can.
or am I a schoolboy

s
saa0891 21.11.21

Just buy a good cooler for a start.

j
jeorje 21.11.21

A.Hollan
now already very unlikely, it is not something that triple dvenadtsatirnaya)) foolproof, I somehow broke up before their neiticheskih limits just started the game and take off the blue screen of every man in every chihe, that's all ..
and an increase, yes, undoubtedly it will, you can scratch out a couple of fps, if you're lucky ..

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 21.11.21

jeorje
50 years could work a percent created 50 years ago, 10 years - created 10 years ago (but after 10 years it was almost never used).
If you overclock the 3770k with a voltage rise to TDP 95 W, then it will definitely not last 10 years.

h
helio 21.11.21

TDS90 is nothing
that the prots are chasing only with a k-index)

t
tesla707 21.11.21

TDS90 is
worth it. I had the same percentage, the best of all i5s that have ever existed. By default, it is at 3.2GHz, but by increasing the multiplier to 40 (the maximum for the non-K series) it calmly keeps 4GHz without raising the voltage, when cooled with air, no more than 55 degrees in load. So he worked for me for 5-6 years, now with a friend, everything also works stably after the sale.