3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Moonbear 21.11.21 08:58 pm

Help!!! Patch problem !!! (UFO: Aftermath)

I bought the Russian-English version in yellow printing of unknown production, but the patch is not installed on it (in the English version, of course), it says that the game is not installed. Who has the original English. version, please help, what keys does the game create in the registry during installation? And just throw the original English on the soap. exehnik (weighs about a meter). I would be very grateful.
64 Comments
Sort by:
b
b0b 21.11.21

Exactly the same problem. Although the disc is a type of license
I ask you to help solve the problem

D
Dobermann 21.11.21

Help with the patch please. I also have a yellow package

H
HaMlo 21.11.21

SAME PROBLEM. And it’s just for me that the game runs strictly at 1024 by 768 or all

D
Dobermann 21.11.21

With permission, the same bullshit ... I won’t know how to change it

a
arturiol 21.11.21

It was created only with this permission

R
Rumata 21.11.21

And it also has problems with GeForge boards from ASUS with native drivers installed.

D
Dek 21.11.21

The developers said:
"This is unfortunatly an InstallShield issue. When the game is installed, it creates (or should create) a following key in your registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall {3699BC50-DA7B-4DA7-BB43-2981C9178FAD}

(if you do do have the administrator rights, it is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead).

If this key is missing in registry, than the patch cannot install. If it exists, check the value of the LogFile subkey - it should read something like this:

C: Program FilesInstallShield Installation Information {3699BC50-DA7B-4DA7-BB43-2981C9178FAD} setup.ilg

Then check if the indicated file actually exists. If it does not then again, the patch cannot install. If it does and the patch still does not install, please try e-mailing this file to our customer support ([email protected]). "

Another patch is expected, it looks like it won't get up either :-(

H
HaMlo 21.11.21

Who has this file (setup.ilg in daddy C: Program FilesInstallShield Installation Information {3699BC50-DA7B-4DA7-BB43-2981C9178FAD}) throw it off on soap pliz if not laziness And then in the yellow version nothing written can be added if you add something and it will turn out

M
Miko 21.11.21

Yes, installing a patch for a game is a big problem. There is no key in the register, no directory ... I join the previous request - send whoever has this file for soap, it weighs a little more than 400 kb.
Thank you very much.

And the game itself is cool. I have already passed two levels, now I am mastering hard. Who needs help with the passage - contact :)

Mikhail.

M
Miko 21.11.21

The patch, by the way, is new. Here on the site already ... That's just the point :(

n
nik 21.11.21

a similar problem with the patch - pliz skinte content {3699BC50-DA7B-4DA7-BB43-2981C9178FAD} setup.ilg file and if it's not difficult the registry key
and ufoshka - rules! although it seems that even in the first there were more tactics ...
simplified; (

n
nik 21.11.21

a similar problem with the patch - pliz skinte content {3699BC50-DA7B-4DA7-BB43-2981C9178FAD} setup.ilg file and if it's not difficult the registry key
and ufoshka - rules! although it seems that even in the first there were more tactics ...
simplified; (

-
-] st [-GIB 21.11.21

And what to do if the game records such entries -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall {C3E7C9CC-0F06-476F-B399-B95E1B46CAFA}]
"LogFile" = "C: Program FilesInstallShield7Cilicate information9 {C3E47 "

By the way, how to edit this very setup.ilg?

Miko

I sent to Altarovskiy support a request for this SETUP.ILG There is no answer yet, but there is hope. As soon as I receive and check the file, I will notify you all.

nik

I got the original setup file and the necessary entries from the registry of the species
there are links to the hacked exe after installing the patch (no cd)
there is a script for editing CRC files for russified versions (so that the patch does not swear at the wrong md5)

give the forum admin email so as not to write to each one individually

PS: and I also wrote on the developers' forum - these are not their problems, and besides, ALL Russian versions today they perceive as pirates; (and do not support ... which in general is logical

Alexey

People. My game doesn't even load. At startup, it changes the screen parameters, writes some kind of error and kirdyk. I have an ABIT SILURO MX400 board. Maybe it's the board. And the patch is not installed.

Miko

to Nik: It will be easier for each to write individually or indicate the place where he can be found. If it's not difficult, please send it to me. I can't wait to install the patch :)))

Miko

to Alexey: Before starting the game, you should run launcher.exe. There will be a list of permissions. The game does not support less than 1024x768. While they are working on the patch, there is already an opportunity to solve the problem.

PlayGround.ru

Nik, I have the ability to host files. Unsubscribe to [email protected]

maklaut

setup.ilg and everything else can be slipped from another program - choose any of the C: Program FilesInstallShield Installation Information
But then he swears at me `` The patch program cannot be executed. '' - probably because of nocd the checksum does not match. :(

maklaut

It looks like I was mistaken - the files from another program do not fit and it's not about crc, although the installation process goes a little further.

-] st [-GIB

If it was in the original exe-shnik, then everything would be patched for me! But no, apparently the pirates changed gamedata.vfs, but it's much more difficult to download it, especially for modems, if it's in it!
Guys, who can unpack this very patch or decompile and grunt it later?
I didn't find anything useful when decompiling setup.inx!

PlayGround.ru

By the way, I noticed such a trick - probably the idea of ​​the developers ...
So, I entered the game - played, logged in, left. I started the launcher, looked at a large list of extensions, pressed the ok button, launched the game, loaded the save game, went nuts ... The game started to slow down immeasurably in the mission when I tried to transfer the screen to my fighters.
I quit the game, went into the directory with the game, took away some kind of * .cfg file in the game folder, deleted it - and everything was ok ... I saw the light - I repeated everything ... really - when the configuration file was created after starting the settings, the game started to slow down ... I wonder if it's just me?

And by the way, people, explain in an accessible language - how to install patches? or what where to download and change ...?

nik

Patch solution:

1. Install shield files with a record and registry:
download from here http: /ammoeast.narod.ru/uninstall.rar
install in the C: Program FilesInstallShield Installation Information folder
and run data.reg (register the registry)
ps: the game will need to be moved to the C: / UFO Aftermath directory
(or it is long and tedious to edit the contents of install files in Unicode - data.reg and setup.ilg with pens)

2. Further, for all pseudo-licensed copies, the checksums of the files are changed - as a result, the patch is not installed with a cry about incorrect CRC , in order to get around this error, two options are used:
a) from here (hxxp: //www.geocities.com/khalim_cpp/UFO-AM_VFS_CRC_Update.zip) the utility for updating the checksum is downloaded (* .vfs files)
b) in the unpacked patch, the file UFOPatch.exe is edited in any hexeditor `` e: at offset 1658, edit - 74 on EB (this forces the patch to ignore the crc check altogether)
PS: edit technology - put the patch - not installed but unpacks everything into the game folder patch faflu, after which we edit all .vfs files with the CRC utility, run the patch again - all vfs files are corrected, yj the main file gamedata.vfs - crc is not corrected and due to its large size (GB!) it is unrealistic to download, so we edit the UFOPatch.exe file as described above and patching handles: UFOPatch.exe gamedata.vfs patch.vfs

3. The patched exe requires a CD - download noCD for version 1.2 from here - gamecopyworld.com

4. enjoy;) all this was checked for 2 in 1 russified version from master media,
I haven't had time to check everything myself (I'm not sure about gamedata.vfs - that everything is ok with it - all the same, it's a rough crack - the file itself has already been crumpled by our favorite Russifiers, and nobody answers the correctness of the patch)

with best regards
Nik (aka JohnDoe )

maklaut

Thank you, kind person, as soon as I come home I'll try :)

PlayGround.ru

Nik, either I did something wrong, or one of two
things ... I spoiled the key into the registry, copied the files where necessary - it still says that it is not installed.
I looked in the regmon - in the bla-bla / {3699BC50-DA7B-4DA7-BB43-2981C9178FAD} / it only reads the Version value. And that's all ...
Any advice?

M
Miko 21.11.21

I installed the patch, thanks. But some error occurs ... The game claims that I have the wrong data version, but continues to work with all the fixes of the patch. And what about the "manual processing" of patch.vsf data and ufopatch.exe? How to patch them ??? By the way, the ufopatch.exe file itself does not produce anything when pressed. And until I forgot - there is not 1658 but 401658, here.

And the improvements are pleasant :)

P
PlayGround.ru 21.11.21

Sorry, my fault - I edited setup.ilg (to fix the ways). Either a crooked Unicode editor, or the crc of this file is checked, but because of this, the error got out ...

P
PlayGround.ru 21.11.21

People, help, bought a UFO disco with yellow printing, so this thing, when you start the game, gives out something like - Unable to allocate NV vertex array range of size: 4096 (referring to C: ufo_src ....)

n
nik 21.11.21

To Miko:
UFOPatch.exe gamedata.vfs patch.vfs
is a command line - exe and two parameter files,
this is how the original patch rules vfs files, by the

way, for those who install version 1.2 right away and did not install patch 1.1, you need to enter
2 commands:
UFOPatch0.exe gamedata.vfs patch0.vfs
UFOPatch.exe gamedata.vfs patch.vfs

PS: the file UFOPatch0.exe is fixed like UFOPatch.exe

-
-] st [-GIB 21.11.21

to Nik:
This patching method may turn out to be (I haven't patched it yet, yet) buggy and may not work for everyone!

Maybe all the same, someone thread will grunt in full this patch!
I have a disassembler (IDA Pro 4.5), but I don’t know the assembler (I study only Delphi)!
We need a person who wants to and he will not be scrapped to do this !!!!!!

-
-] st [-GIB 21.11.21

By the way, no one knows if the bug with a spontaneous restart of the computer was removed, at least in some patch?

X
Xan 21.11.21

People! Who downloaded the uninstall.rar specified by Nik, please, please, otherwise the link does not live anymore.