3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Darkman1701 21.11.21 09:06 pm

Caves disappear when modifying an ini file (The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion)

when you put more distance in the file of the grass of shadow objects and other graphic garbage)), when you enter the cave, after 3 seconds, hands begin to disappear first and then transferred to the entire cave until it disappears ((, for some reason, with the standard settings, everything is ok but play I don't really want to make a review with such graphics.I play on i5 4g frames, video and video 560 by 1GB (overclocked by 100mg) .Game resolution is 3840 + 2160.
5 Comments
Sort by:
g
gmh4589 21.11.21

I think your vidyah is rather weak for such a resolution and such settings. Therefore, everything works with the standard settings, but if you press them down, everything disappears. Specifically, 1 gig is extremely small for such settings. So, either lower the resolution or play with the standard ones.

D
Darkman1701 21.11.21

at standard settings, the video card is stressed by 40%, the video memory is used at 650 mb somewhere, at my resolution, and you want to say that the card is weak? to nature, everything is fine, everything is loaded, only you go into the cave, everything seems to be fine, but after 3 seconds, as if along the strip, at first your hands disappear from you and then the whole cave, but at the same time I can walk along it enemies react to me sounds go I can get out on the road but I no longer have hands outside. can now normally explain?

A
AT_Sagor 21.11.21

Darkman1701
It's not about the power of the hardware, but about the limitations of the game engine. Oblivion uses only n-amount of memory and it also has a bar in terms of the processor, and the capabilities of the video card will certainly truncate. By setting ini file requirements that are not real for the game, you force it to use more resources than it can afford, which in turn causes such bugs as if your hardware itself is rather weak.
Look for third-party utilities for the game that can help raise the bar on resource usage. I know that they exist, but these are all things of bygone years, so I can't even roughly direct the search.

D
Darkman1701 21.11.21

at_sagor thanks)) at least one odd person)) I made some magic here when you set this parameter uInterior Cell Buffer = 3 more than 5 the water starts to disappear if you set 11 and more problems with the ground start, you seem to fall into them and the earth pushes you out and you You can't stop it)), I also noticed that the game has parameters for the used memory iPreloadSizeLimit = 26214400 this one, for example, if you set it more than 512 mb, there are also problems in the game, crashes and so on, but there is one more insignificant parameter bFixFaceNormals = 0 it answers for shadows on faces) in the 1C version, it crumbles the game completely, crashes occur every second. But I never found the parameter that kills the caves like that)) maybe this is one of those that I wrote above.

A
AT_Sagor 21.11.21

Darkman1701
Maybe, maybe. Try and experiment. I threw food for thought, and then myself. Can I really redirect to more knowledgeable people in this area: http://rubarius.ru/
There is magic going on in the field of Oblivion, and if you really where to look for help in questions about this game and its modification, albeit so simple, then here. People are quite adequate, maybe they will help.