3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21 09:06 pm

Character does not move non-stop (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

I go forward (keyboard control), press left / right / back without releasing "forward" (W) and the character stops, as if there is a wall in front of him. You have to release W and press again. Previously, this was not the case. Likewise with movement in any other direction. What is the problem?
21 Comments
Sort by:
a
aKinave 21.11.21

You haven't been a hooligan in the city before? Or maybe the game thinks that the guard stopped you

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

I just installed the game. I didn’t play for a long time, I decided to remember the past. Let me explain in more detail. When you control a character, run forward, to the right, to the left, whatever you like, over anything - the character does not stop and continues to move. But I should press at the same time while running forward, for example - to the right, to run around the pebble, for example, and release it "to the right" while continuing to hold "forward", as the character stops and has to release "forward" and press again. It may seem like a trifle for someone, but this is not normal control behavior and it annoys me :)

d
doloren600 21.11.21

delete Skyrim.ini if ​​Windows 7 my documents / my games / skyrim / skyrim.ini
should work if that just make a backup of the file

S
Sanchez ramirez 21.11.21

Go into your notebook and try to simultaneously hold W and A or D. Although in other games this has not been noticed, apparently.

PS Yes, I think there is some kind of control conflict in the settings. Try to delete the ini file, as the friend said above.

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

OK. I have already installed the game on the reinstallation, as it is installed, I will check and unsubscribe.

d
doloren600 21.11.21

there was a problem with the map crashed instantly when the file was deleted the problem disappeared the game will create a new ini on a new start so do not be afraid you will not break the game

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
If you mean there is something wrong with the keyboard, I don't think so. I rearranged the movement to other buttons in the control - the same story.

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

doloren600
Thank you, I'm not afraid, it is still in Steam) it will now be installed and checked. Thanks for the info, unsubscribe

d
doloren600 21.11.21

nothing to unsubscribe say it helped no purely for reference)

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
For the sake of interest, checked in the text, all three buttons are pressed in order while holding))

d
doloren600 21.11.21

And what kind of fashions were they?

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

doloren600
No. Absolutely clean game. I remember observing the same problem somewhere, I can't remember where and how I solved it (or scored it).

d
doloren600 21.11.21

I have Skyrim overwhelmed with mods, but I have not met such problems, only with the map, but it was successfully fixed)
now you will install and check

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

doloren600
Yes, too, at one time there were 200+ mods) this time I decided to go "clean", to feel the virgin atmosphere) we are waiting)

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

doloren600 Deleted
, reinstalled. Did not help. Eh ..

S
Sanchez ramirez 21.11.21

EscaperViolenty
And the settings files? They seem to remain in the documents after deletion. Try it.

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
I don't quite understand. I uninstalled ini, started the game and the same thing.

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

Guys, thank you all, figured it out. Forgive me Bethezda) keyboard buggy!)

E
EscaperViolenty 21.11.21

PS I just remembered how about three years ago Gothic 1-2 began to drive in the same way and the decision was recalled)

d
doloren600 21.11.21

you see everything is much easier to luck in the conquest of skyrim)