3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Palchikov 21.11.21 09:22 pm

Heated laptop (Fallout 4)

I play at low-settings, but slightly improved (the most necessary - improved anti-aliasing), before that I downloaded mods for removing fog in buildings and reducing the range of drawing lighting, the game runs stably
But the laptop just burns, I'm a little scared for it
Found a mod that reduces the quality of textures by about 3-4 times
So, will this "cool" my laptop?
Specs: Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1.80 GHz, Ram 4GB, Nvidia GeForce GT 740M
13 Comments
Sort by:
p
predator999 21.11.21

Well, what is the problem, the game consumes a lot of computer resources, it is not surprising that it overheats. If you do not want the laptop to overheat, you should not start anything at all except a Word, a browser and music.

I
Ilya Palchikov 21.11.21

predator999 is a
good joke, probably, but the rest of the games until 2014 work for me at maximum settings and without significant heating,
so because of one F4 I'm not going to put my laptop into a mode in which laptop owners are so dreaming to see stationers

_
_nick69_ 21.11.21

Ilya Palchikov
Here, in the intervals between GTA 5, F4, The Witcher and Battle, we see laptop owners in this mode

s
serj163 21.11.21

Ilya Palchikov
buy a cooling pad or make it yourself. and so it can get hot due to dust, clean it, but do not vacuum. or the fan fails. in laptops, fans and coolers work much slower. when the laptop gets very hot, it drops power or simply turns off.

A
Angry hedgehog 21.11.21

serj163
why not vacuum?

n
nestrbob 21.11.21

Ilya Palchikov
Have you ever watched the minimum requirements for the game? Not a single piece of iron pulls you. If you want to play normally, buy a gaming laptop or a stationary.

P
Pachakutiq Yupanki 21.11.21

I also refused Fallout 4 due to heating. GTA-5 with civic-5 and The Witcher 3 pulls and okay.
And the fan really needs to be cleaned from dust once every 6 months. The vacuum cleaner doesn't help. It is necessary to open the case itself and sweep it with a brush.

s
serj163 21.11.21

Evil Hedgehog
do you know what electrostatics is, if you open the case and vacuum?

s
serj163 21.11.21

Ilya Palchikov
and even when the laptop heats up, the service life of the parts decreases. think about cooling.

s
serj163 21.11.21

Pachakutiq Yupanki
brush, too, so that it is coated against electrostatics or, better, a can with compressed air, but it is better to blow it outside.

P
Pachakutiq Yupanki 21.11.21

serj163
I tell you about Thomas and you tell me about Erema. And it's not funny.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

I have never encountered overheating of a laptop
on the idea that he cannot overheat because he has protection from this and he does not even want to turn on the propeller in full.
and it can get pretty strong to warm up. I have all the stickers floated and fell off here.
so hammer and play peck-peck

A
AUSAR 21.11.21

but my Fallout 4 does not run at 60 fps even at a resolution of 240x180. Meanwhile, GTA 5 at 1366x768 resolution at medium settings runs at 30 ~ 60 fps