3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
IOne86 21.11.21 09:38 pm

Why did so many children appear in the game? (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)

I got the Internet via a local network in 2005, then I started playing CS 1.6 on a LAN on our local server. The age of the players was about 14-20 years old, a variety of cards were chosen on the server. Children 10-12 years old and there were not so many inadequate.

Then, in 2006, I bought CS: Source and played for several years mainly on Corbina's servers, again, the people were mostly adequate, they played a variety of cards.

I bought CS: GO shortly after the release, played a little, the game seemed to me already outdated in comparison with the same Battlefield. The feedback from the players on CS: GO was mixed; at first, it was inferior to CS 1.6 in terms of the number of players. In general, I scored on CS.

But, after going into Steam statistics a couple of years later, I was surprised to see that CS: GO takes 2nd place in terms of the number of players after Dota 2, leaving 1.6 and Source far behind along with Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Recently I decided to remember my youth, play CS: GO, and at the same time see why it suddenly became so popular.

In general, judging by the squeaky voices, almost half of the players are children 10-12 years old. Even the community servers with 18+ in the name are crammed with children. And they choose in 80% dust 2.

Why such an influx of children into the game? Okay, 10 years ago, then not everyone had a dedicated unlimited Internet. But at the end of the 2000s, almost everyone already had a normal Internet, why then did the children not buy CS: Source in such quantities as they buy CS: GO now?
4 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

IOne86
Because parents uncontrollably let their children go online , which is wrong. But 10 years ago, an unlimited high-speed Internet was a rare phenomenon, when compared with what is now, therefore, there were fewer kids on the Internet.
In general, it's sad. What has the PG turned into because of the "rejuvenation" of its audience, hmm.

"Recently I decided to remember my youth"
Just look carefully when you remember your youth, otherwise in your years ...

C
Cucumber312 21.11.21

IOne86
And you go to the trading floor.
Skin "Asimov" costs 20-something green, knives are generally in the region of $ 60-400.
All these skins are to blame. (The cheapest knife is $ 42)

B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

Shinoa
knives are generally in the region of $ 60-400
The cheapest knife is $ 42
Something is wrong here ...

K
Kahran ramsus 21.11.21

Ks, like DotA, would not exist without children ...