3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sergey Zakharenko 21.11.21 09:41 pm

US scientists created a teleport

Experts from Stanford University said that they were able to ensure that one object was in two places at the same time.
About 10 thousand rubidium atoms were placed in a special super-cooled chamber in the form of a
Bose-Einstein "cloud." from the original.
22 Comments
Sort by:
x
xoen 21.11.21

Well, how can you not remember the "Philadelphia Experiment";)

v
vzglydizugla 21.11.21

Recently I watched a whole program from the Air Force, in which one of the scientists threw a branch into a stream for the floor of the film and fantasized about why it floats with the flow, and not against ..

W
Wing42 21.11.21

Sergey Zakharenko
This is the same as if I could declare, being in a room with a low ceiling, which I would touch with my hands, that I am simultaneously on the floor, on the ceiling and also in the space between them. The Bose-Einstein cloud consists of particles with the same quantum characteristic, that is, in this context, in fact, it is a model of a single atom, so why would it split into several streams?
"Teleporter Created by US Scientists"
In some second-rate rag that specializes in ducks and pranks, this headline would be very appropriate. Moreover, this is never a teleport.

T
TrampZones 21.11.21

Sergey Zakharenko

I didn’t ask you anything, so I won’t answer.

W
Wing42 21.11.21

Sergei Zakharenko
As if it makes a difference to him whether great discoveries are made by Russians in Russia, or great discoveries are being made by Russians who emigrated to the United States.

"You see sarcasm did not understand? :)"
No, I am an uneducated peasant with an emotional range like a brick.

T
TrampZones 21.11.21

Wing42

It turns out that way.

n
nikita2112 21.11.21

Their teleporters are just nonsense. Loud name. But in fact, just two atoms at some distance with the same properties. Also a teleport to me.

S
Sergey Zakharenko 21.11.21

Vagabond,
so I won't answer.
But you already answered.

T
TrampZones 21.11.21

Sergey Zakharenko

Especially for a moron, it was a warning.

S
Sergey Zakharenko 21.11.21

Vagabond of the Zone
You call me a moron, but at the same time you write that you will not answer me and answer in a few minutes.

J
Just stand 21.11.21

"they were able to observe an identical" cloud "54 cm from the original"
Well, for example, you can rotate the revolver drum at a breakneck speed, and at one indefinite moment the time and space around the drum will be distorted. It will be possible to fire, say, from 6 to an infinite number of bullets per hour without reloading, right? I, as mentioned above, declare.

And besides, American scientists have not yet discovered the conditional separation of gases into layers.

V
Vanya Rygalov 21.11.21

Experts from Stanford University said that they were able to ensure that one object was in two places at the same time.
It's mine ... Well, just like small children. In some countries, some statesmen have long ago mastered this not cunning trick. And they can simultaneously vote for the adoption of various laws, meet ... heh, heh ... with local voters and participate in agricultural seminars somewhere in the south of France.
And then some 54 cm ...

G
Garrus-1994 21.11.21

This rumor is the same as I heard at school, when I was told that Einstein invented the teleport, but fearing its implementation, while the times were unusually humane, he nevertheless took and burned his works. Well, how Gogol e-mayo!

s
saa0891 21.11.21

I just dream of creating teleports, how cool it would be to instantly move from one place to another and not waste a lot of time standing in endless traffic jams, it just freezes, but I’m unlikely to live to see the moment when they are still invented, that Of course it's sad.

A
AlexBaldunin 21.11.21

Add Garrus-1994 to
Nikola Tesla ...

G
Gauguin 21.11.21

Something at the level of RANS, maybe a little higher.

V
Vaipen 21.11.21

I remembered one film. There, scientists moved to the Middle Ages. So it said that constantly teleporting is unhealthy. Like when teleporting, the object is not assembled quite correctly, and some of the molecules are generally scattered in space and do not reach the end point. Moreover, the further you move, the greater the percentage of error. There, even in the past, one dude got stuck because of this, because he exceeded the mixing limit and if he messed up again, it would just fall apart into atoms.

W
Wing42 21.11.21

Protestant Knight
Time travel is not really a teleport. More precisely, not a teleport at all.

B
Brian griffin 21.11.21

Sergey Zakharenko
dear, but you can get a link to the original source. I just do not believe that such nonsense could have been written by people somehow involved in science, especially to Stanford

V
Vaipen 21.11.21

Wing42
So the whole joke of the film is that they wanted to invent a teleport, but they invented a time machine. Like, they started sending things and noticed that the items did not reach the second teleport. When they began to find out what the joke was, we learned that they disappeared in the Middle Ages.