3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
cardinal6518 21.11.21 10:45 pm

Overclocking the processor Core 2 Quad Q9550

Hello,

I would like to overclock my processor to 3.5 or even higher if it can handle it.
But alas, I don’t know which nuts to turn in the BIOS and how many.

If it's not difficult, could you tell me where to set what parameters to get something like this.

This is the temperature after a long computer operation, about 14 hours
Motherboard 31 ° C
CPU 22 ° C
GPU Diode 30 ° C
ST3500418AS 26 ° C

But the volts:
CPU Core 1.136 V
GPU Core 0.875 V

CPU 1278 RPM
CPU Clock 1999.8 MHz (original: 2833 MHz)
CPU Multiplier 6x
CPU FSB 333.3 MHz (original: 333 MHz)
Memory Bus 333.3 MHz
DRAM: FSB Ratio 1: 1

CPU cooling is normal with two coolers
. Thanks a lot in advance.

Processor: QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 2833 MHz ** C1 ** Yorkfield
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro
Video card: AMD Radeon R9 270 Gaming
RAM: 8 GB
Power supply: 500 W
5 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

cardinal6518
To overclock this processor, you need to increase the FSB frequency. In this case, you will need to manually adjust the RAM frequency. I had a PC with a 2.6GHz Quad Q9400 CPU and tried to overclock too. This is a real crap because of DDR2 and FSB / RAM frequency ratio, you are unlikely to achieve a sane result without loss of stability. In general, the CPU is no longer relevant for modern games even with the most brutal overclocking, and it's time to change the platform.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 21.11.21

cardinal6518
If your program does not lie, then you can definitely overclock for the winter. But stop. Your program shows a multiplier run up to a frequency of 2 GHz.

B
Belomorkanal 21.11.21

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
It is in idle mode the multiplier has changed the value by 6. Under load, the multiplier increases to 8.

w
warp 37 21.11.21

In general, the CPU is no longer relevant for modern games, even with the most brutal overclocking, and it's time to change the platform.
Come on, my friend is playing on the Q6600 in nominal value. So it would be more correct to say that Core 2 Quad is the minimum you need for games. Because the Core 2 Duo is already unusable.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

nada to turn the nut CPU FSB 333
multiplier for you, as I understand it, the maximum 8.5 of
this image is nada fsb 411 MHz,
but if your motherboard is not on the x48 chip set, then it is unlikely that it will take this without nitrogen,
so fsb - I burn 1 to one dram, this means that there is all calories and the memory, meanwhile, must be adjusted at least so up to 850 if it is in 2-channel mode, otherwise your camputeer will quickly slow down and the mouse will slow down on the screen.
so you can just increase that FSB until the computer hangs in some cool benchmark or explodes. maybe up to 3.0-3.1 GHz and drive