3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
ExtraGamer 21.11.21 10:56 pm

The game of 2001 slows down on a powerful computer.

I decided to download the game Spider-Man 2001 - remember my childhood. I launch it - the game slows down. Moreover, it slows down. 10-15 fps. Not more. Most importantly, games like far cry 3, battlefield 3, dead space 3 ran smoothly, without brakes. Config:
Intel core i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
6 GB of RAM
terabytes of memory on the railway
19 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

I wanted to play like the one in MDK2 to remember a tight moladast, and then it slowed down a bit. on an overclocked Intel with 3 video cards
everything is cool 900fps
only when a black inscription with a set of letters appeared there, the game slows down terribly. sound for a while, then silence and letters about 1 per minute appear. and 3d flies again. in short, I left this business.

and here is another interesting observation.
I started up the 3d mark 2001. I tested the stability of the cp.
radeon x1600pro father-in-law with a typewriter 600 fps nature 30
fps radeon nd3870 is also somewhere 500-600 and 200 respectively
radeon nd4870x2 300 and 900
fps zhyfors 690 140 fps and 999
fps sechesh progress is what. zhyfors 690 will work worse in old games.

and, for example, I wanted to get through the eye of the dragon at last. he lagged me running
on zh650ti or still on 690. on something of these. it is shorter than 230 ps with drawdowns up to 30 somewhere.
Camp 8 is more powerful. RAM is 32 times larger. vidyuha only in frequencies 3-4 times more powerful and lays a little - a little less, in

short, for old igors you need a spiritual top Intel Pentium d 3.6 GHz and a soul card like Radeon 1900khth or zhyfors 7800 GTX.
and there will be old-fashioned happiness.

d
dimakozhanov 21.11.21

ExtraGamer
I decided to download the game Spider-Man 2001 - remember my childhood. I launch it - the game slows down. Moreover, it slows down. 10-15 fps.
I have the same situation (config in profile), only my game runs at 20-25 FPS, you probably have Windows 8 or 8.1?
MunchkiN 616 is shorter
for old igors you need a spiritual top Intel Pentium d 3.6 GHz and a soul card like Radeon 1900XTX or Zhyfors 7800 GTX.
So yes, but in this case it's not about modern hardware, but about Windows.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

dimakozhanov
on hp the same glitchbags were. 98 on which I was sitting until 2004-5, it is physically impossible to put on a modern computer.
especially since some of the old ones I played on windows xn 64 fx6100 16 gigs zh650ti - I would not say that they flew straight away. in the same Gothic 1 it was 80 fps.
By the way, there was a bug with the transition from 98 to hp that I was scared to lag neventer knights 1,
but when there was a corduo and p1600 everything went fine.
here it is rather the fact that the drivers have hammered on the optimization of new cards for dx7-8. therefore they work through the ass and the performance does not differ much from the actual hardware of that time.

-
-SK.art- 21.11.21

The game of 2001 slows down on a powerful computer

about the "powerful computer" laughed for a long time, barely stopped)

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

but cho ... got it.
a powerful camp is a laptop
it has an integrated graphics core in the processor.
figure me out how to kill him,
otherwise I can not play anything except dx11. the rest goes through the intel graph and there any game is brakes and artifacts.
neither sruenjon3 and ud4 could work.

E
ExtraGamer 21.11.21

dimakozhanov
Yes, I have windows 8. Not 8.1
As I understand it, it's about windows.
MunchkiN 616 in the sense
? "think for me how to kill him"
"a powerful camp is a laptop" - a laptop is enough for me

E
ExtraGamer 21.11.21

I need to find out the reason for the brakes. I have several assumptions
1) direct x 11 is not supported by the game
2) Windows 8
3) 2 cores
tried to disable 1 core in the task manager for the process, I minimize the game ctrl + alt + del, the game closes. dxwind doesn't help.
about the direct - tried it here, writes "a newer version is installed

E
ExtraGamer 21.11.21

-EBN- I
repeat - For me this configuration of the computer is enough.

E
ExtraGamer 21.11.21

Here is a review of this laptop, if you want you can see

B
BooLkaaa 21.11.21

Update the driver, clean the computer by downloading CCleaner, maybe some virus has got, check ...

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

it's the built-in graphics. there, like a Radeon 4000, only very stripped down,
I here gambled into one old shit game but fresher - there, with an effort of 25
fps shaduv runes, where graphene 2D with 3D models slowed down
alien rage with atefacts and also slowed down
and, for example, I play with almost maximum shaders in wach dog.
the reason for this disgrace is the launch of dx and open zhl applications on the built-in graphics. so I need all the included desktop to be accelerated not by the built-in graphics, but by the GPU.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 21.11.21

Maybe a terrible optimization for all Core chips and a misunderstanding of the presence of L3 cache, the use of 1 core (with 256 KB L2) and (with Turbo Bust) we get Intel Mobile Celeron 3.2 GHz :)

P
Pavel rally 21.11.21

ExtraGamer
Try to download Windows_8_8_1_DDRAW_FPS_FIX.zip
What to do with it, I described in detail here
http://forums.playground.ru/v-rally_3/v-rally_2-771388/#comment-12095054

V

MunchkiN 616
So the mood for those games that discrete would be used.

E
ExtraGamer 21.11.21

BooLkaaa
drivers are the last ones, it makes no sense to install ccleaner - yesterday I checked the computer with the advanced system care 7 program, and did a web analysis.

E
ExtraGamer 21.11.21

Subaru BRZ STI
I read your post.
I haven't tried the program yet, but about the fact that "old games directX 7-5 on win. 8-8.1 - 33 fps" - it's strange, you have 33, I generally have 10-15
right now I will run the program

E
ExtraGamer 21.11.21

Subaru BRZ STI
Thanks a lot for the program - it works!
The question has been settled.

m
m9sope3ka 21.11.21

Guys help me out I need HELP! Warcraft current hangs 3. Plows everything GO, BF3, GTA4 everything on ultras. But cooking at 15-20 fps jumps xs what to do help out (I tried a couple of speed hacks, 5 variks changed all the different repacks, cleaned hard with a cleaner, defrag. - did it. Nothing helps. Nvidia tinctures changed by the way too. Well, I think I did everything except partition formatting.Here is a description on the computer, who will tell me I will be sincerely grateful for the help (((

V

m9sope3ka
The nVidia panel definitely doesn't have some fantastic settings like AF and FXAA 8x anti-aliasing?