3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Black.Card 21.11.21 11:58 pm

Game console

Friends, hello everyone!

I am sure that this topic has already been raised on the forum, but I decided to create my own in order to delve into your feedback and suggestions.

The bottom line: I want to buy a game console / console. I don't know much about them, the computer's power is enough for 5 consoles ... But recently a lot of work has piled up, it's inconvenient to turn off the game - work - expand every time. There are several options:

- Buy a second monitor
- Buy a set-top box

I tend to the second option myself. But I read the reviews, there are supporters, there are opponents ..

Actually, the question itself, is it worth taking a prefix and which one will you advise? There are many of them: PS4, Xbox, Xbox one, etc.

I would be grateful for the detailed reviews and if you can tell the difference. Of course, most of all I'm interested in "endurance", "quality of the prefix" and "graphics".
17 Comments
Sort by:
D
Don thomas falcone 21.11.21

If you have money for litsuhi, then feel free to buy a PS4. Gorgeous exclusive games + all games that are released on the PC. And it is much better than the x-box one.

S
Sergey Zakharenko 21.11.21

If you buy a console, there will be drawdowns in FPS and soap, the graphics are always cut down compared to the PC version. Fallout 4 with its drawdowns is proof of this.

L
LEFT FOR DTF 21.11.21

But lately a lot of work has piled up, it is inconvenient to close the game every time - to work - to unfold it

first to finish the work, and then have you tried to play?

Or do you think that picking up a gamepad instead of Alt + Tab will save you a lot of time?

c
cripples 21.11.21

If you have money for faces, buy it and forget about the mods

B
Black.Card 21.11.21

Don Thomas Falcone
Thanks for the helpful answer. :)
Sergey Zakharenko
To be honest, I haven’t come across this, since the console has never been used. + Fallout 4 - maybe the problem is in the crooked port, and not in the console?

lookaway
Well here it is, that I am developing, and sometimes 1 project lasts from 1 to 6 months, and sit all day in a dull work half a year is not much I want :)
here it is primarily in the fact that sometimes I need to wait for the customer's response / end of the operation, encryption, etc. and so on, and so put a second monitor or TV set - and you sit quietly having fun for yourself, and look with one eye.

cripple I
did not understand about fashion :)

S
Sergey Zakharenko 21.11.21

Black.Card
Fallout 4 - maybe the problem is in the crooked port, and not in the console?
Yes, I just cited him as an example as one of the last games that came out on consoles, and so there are also problems with The Witcher 3.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

depending on what kind of work,
if this work does not require computing power and engineering video cards, then it is surely better to buy a second non-game pitch sharpened specifically for work tasks with a monitor or connect through one or a switch.
In fact, about the console, ps4 looks better here, since it has the best graphon from consoles in signal play games, at least. and the set-top box still assumes connection to the TV screen. there will be a very noticeable scanty graphon on the monitor.
But in order to just buy a 2nd monitor so that on one there was a game and on the other 1c accounting, for example, it will be extremely inconvenient and difficult both from the point of view of the game and working with something during an active game. so I don’t see any sense in this.

G
Garrus-1994 21.11.21

I would take PS4. As already mentioned above, the gorgeous games are exclusive. And much better than Juan. Take it and you won't regret it.

B
Black.Card 21.11.21

MunchkiN 616
My computer configuration is registered in my profile ... It just requires at least 2 virtual machines, a bunch of programs, about dreamwivers, Photoshop and so on - generally keep quiet ... So here at least 150K will cost a new SB for my needs.

But connecting a second monitor, in my opinion, is not a big problem, I have 2 vidyahi 980Ti, though I don’t know if there will be enough RAM (32GB) and the processor itself ... I googled like that, but I don’t know, 2 independent monitors on a serious computer - will it lead to problems? Because resources will be very strong ...

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

Black.Card I
will explain that you will have a peck-peck
2 video cards require full-screen mode to activate if
2 and many screens are more often essentially 1 large desktop - in order to launch the game in this way, you will need to start the game in windowed mode, which excludes work if. the game will intercept control and block and disrupt the visual display of other programs running in dx-acceleration mode. so you all have to switch early between play and work if they are running at the same time. and the game will slow down and some games do not like it and give an error after a while.
other game version of work - this is the expansion of the screen when the game, as it were, will be launched on one monitor and everything that was revealed on two goes beyond the border of the space visible in the monitor. you can't work.
the second variation is when some of the screen will be turned on but will be kind of black. however, if you turn on the game, the game will start on the first desktop, it will jump to the second one,
however, the above options will mean that in order to access the program, the game will have to be minimized in the same way as in the case of the 1st monitor.
with virtual machines, I can’t say anything especially because I didn’t do such things. there was, however, a virtual machine that parallels the pitch, as it were, for the work of 2 people. at the same time, they have a common processor and memory, but it was a very long time ago.
in fact, I do not see the root of the problem here. what prevents to play and turns off the game. work - minimize or turn off work programs and play.
all the same, Photoshop will assume that you will be distracted every 3 minutes by this Photoshop if he thinks about pitch for a long time. therefore, you cannot play and draw automatically, even with the console.
and they take two monitors purely to expand the desktop to display a lot of shit Skype tools, etc.

B
Black.Card 21.11.21

MunchkiN 616
For the work of 2 views for the explanation - thank you very much, I seem to understand ... In a word, whatever the configuration is, there will still be problems ... Well, or as an option, buy additional vidyahs, which will cost a lot ... Well, so that the 4th vidyahi was ... But this also has its disadvantages.

In short, as I understand it, the best option is to buy in my case a console + monitor (not ultra HD), don't go into detail and quality and graphics, and just relax while the main computer is working.
But using the game + a bunch of software on 1 computer is not an option ... Despite the characteristics of the computer, that yes starts to slow down, since games in ultra quality are all launched, and software and virtual machines consume a lot of RAM (for example, VMware with MacOS X Mavericks requires a minimum 6 gigs of RAM, or better 8, + additional Virtual Box with Linux / Windows 4 gigs of RAM + Photoshop + Dreamweaver + a bunch of other software) ...

K
Kay Ovald 21.11.21

I see no point in consoles when there is a PC with its capabilities.
But if I had a choice, it would be in favor of Sonya.
1. Not microsoft.
2. Sonya. :)

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

Black.Card,
I advise you to collect a separate pack for work. it will not cost too much because even with 3d programs you do not need a lot of GPU performance to work.
I personally did this at one time and did it by dividing the functions of the game pitch because it was terribly noisy and matal kilowatts on the game and not the game for watching TV of casual games and hours of night coding and other junk.
and for an Internet, for example now to write this message, I finally do not use another pitch.
and 4 vinyakhi well, what for I explained all this pitch ... even if you have a photoshop with where, then you have 1 video card working with a pair of its cores. in the game it gives not big drawdowns with several GPUs and more often than not you will not be able to, for example, even do routing on GPUs and play. and emulations use a fake vidyuhu sending requests to the GPU through the virtual machine kernel and in the final mitog through the OS kernel on which it is running. they are not smart enough to use one particular vidyuhu.
and on the current computer it will not work out normally to use 4gpu. for this you still need a different pitch based on lga 2011 -2011-3

D
Denis Kyokushin 21.11.21

Black.Card
If you have money, buy a TV set. It has several hdmi inputs. Collect a second PeKa for work, both PeKa to one TV, and the sound from PeKa to work on a separate speaker. Heard the message come, switched hdmi, answered and further If the sound does not work when you receive messages on work, then only the second monik and the second PeKa
Complaints about the quality of console games, they are not worth the money that they require

B
Black.Card 21.11.21

MunchkiN 616
At the current rate, I am not very happy with the second build) I don’t know about a PC, but let’s say they don’t pull laptops, there isn’t enough power even for expensive ones (I’m not talking about MSI) ...

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
I’m on TV and sit when the computer collected then made a choice in favor of the telly, tk. 17 "full hd monitor and 24" full hd smart TV - $ 50 difference)

In short, as I understand it, all I started is an anonism in its perverted form, since:
- 2 monitors 1 sat - there will be problems. Even taking into account the additional impressive upgrades on the vidyahs, there will still be a big * oops.
- Consoles - shit, expensive litsuhi that do not give quality, like on a PC.

There are 2 options left:
- Rejoice at what you have, the more the configuration of the current computer is decent
- Collect 2 PCs + monitor / TV set, but this prospect is not very encouraging at the current rate.

D
Denis Kyokushin 21.11.21

Black.Card
For work, it is not necessary, I think, to collect the top. It can be based on a budget i5 + 8GB of RAM + some 950GTX

B
Black.Card 21.11.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
Software and virtual machines consume a lot of RAM (for example, VMware with MacOS X Mavericks requires at least 6 gigs of RAM, or better 8, + additional Virtual Box with Linux / Windows 4 gigabytes of RAM + Photoshop + Dreamviewer + a bunch of other software) .. ...