3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Phantom2014 22.11.21 12:10 am

What is known about the Ophirian Kingdom? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

What is known about the Ophir Kingdom? Does it appear in books? Or did the developers introduce it into the game as a potential dlc theme?
14 Comments
Sort by:
S
Stribogg 22.11.21

In books, it seemed to flicker (not particularly a fan of books in the Witcher universe). In general, Ophir seems to be from the universe of Conan the Barbarian R. Howard, by the way, Sapkowski borrowed a lot from there, it even seems that when he said that Conan the Barbarian inspired him to the sagas about Geralt ..

P
Phantom2014 22.11.21

Stribogg
Where was it?

P
Putnik_Dirar 22.11.21

Mentioned along with Zerrikania, as some neighboring unknown lands.

S
Stribogg 22.11.21

Phantom2014
- Overseas, in Ophir and Zangwebar, there are white horses with black stripes. I have never seen them either, but I know that they exist. (story The Limit of the Possible)
Ophir is a mysterious and unknown land located far beyond the seas. In the book series, it is described only in passing, according to the story of Borch Three Jackdaws. Presumably there is a hot climate and fauna reminiscent of Africa.
With the countries of Ophir, as well as with the countries of the Korat desert, the northern kingdoms practically do not maintain any relations, and in general, almost nothing is known about this land.

(From the witcher wiki. Really, in 2016, I still haven't learned how to use Google? :-))

S
Stribogg 22.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
Guy, you're cool))) How would I explain in my own words, huh?)))

Y
Youxyxol 22.11.21

Stribogg
Stirlitz has never been so close to failure.

B
Bupycop 22.11.21

Putnik_Dirar
They are not adjacent, they are located on opposite sides from each other, Zerrikania in the east, and Ophir in the west across the sea.

G
GOAT 22.11.21

analogue of Turkey in the world of Sapkowski (as I imagine), very little information. It seems like black horses with white stripes or white horses with black stripes argued, do not confuse with Zerikania

P
Putnik_Dirar 22.11.21

GOAT
Turkey is so unknown country? I would understand some kind of Tanzania)

P
Putnik_Dirar 22.11.21

Bupycop
For some reason I thought that both of these countries are located behind the Korat desert (due to their similar exoticism). Oh, you need to reread.

G
GOAT 22.11.21

Putnik_Dirar
what does fame have to do with it? Look how the officers look in their hearts of stone, as they say, the country is warm, etc.

S
Stribogg 22.11.21

In general, Ophir is also mentioned in the Bible, I mean that the word is quite popular and not even exclusively the fruit of some literary works .. Ophir was always considered some unknown richest country, and as a rule, southern, in real reality, or on the shores of the Red Sea , or generally in Africa ..

p
predator999 22.11.21

In general, the world of Sapkowski is some kind of small, only one continent washed from all sides by the ocean. Obviously, the writer had no craving for geography. And although it may be conceived in ancient times, people thought so, and that the Earth is flat, the Sun revolves around the Earth, etc. it can be attributed to this.

S
Stribogg 22.11.21

predator999
Map of the universe of Conan, which once inspired Sapkowski, a little more, and Ophir is present)))