3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fan_Tiesto 22.11.21 12:10 am

Why won't the Chinese / Japanese switch to Latin?

hieroglyphs are very ancient - in modern times. comp. the world is wasting a lot of extra time on them associated with typing and understanding ... they could have switched to the Latin alphabet long ago and their troubles would have ended! After all, the Vietnamese have crossed over and do not know grief, but these are stupid! what prevents them from simplifying their lives? as history shows, the more conservative society is, the lower the standard of living in it)
21 Comments
Sort by:
B
Beaver on a stump 22.11.21

Preserve their traditions and culture

s
sаnic 22.11.21

That's the way, guys.

M
Mr. Rifleman 22.11.21

So it has been settled for centuries. Which of them needs to switch to the Latin alphabet? For others it will be convenient, but for the Chinese themselves it will not. Who cares anyway?

r
rPeBoJL 22.11.21

why cows don't fly, fish don't talk and where did the donut hole go. discussing

z
zhimipe 22.11.21

the more conservative society - those are lower in it the standard of living)
Something is some kind of nonsense, about Japan for sure.

F
Fan_Tiesto 22.11.21

zhimipe is
not nonsense - the Japanese live by their medieval dense traditions, they curse themselves for this, but ... fatalities - they live and bow to the kings and kings to this day, and they kiss the employer's heel, injecting for 16 hours without the opportunity to go on vacation and getting sick is modern slavery at its

best ) Paul [Mr. Soldier] Abrams
it worries those who learn their language)

G
GTAman 22.11.21

Fan_Tiesto working
hard for 16 hours without the opportunity to go on vacation and get sick - modern slavery in all its glory)
That is why it is the most developed country in Asia.

F
Fan_Tiesto 22.11.21

Veenine
Yes? Well, what's the point? I would look at you, what would happen to you after 16 hours of hard work, without the possibility of taking a sick leave or vacation, trembling over this fucking work like above air? I read the forums. where the Russians were in Japan and ofigeli, that everyone there wears, for example, masks. and one Japanese man answered: if I miss one day due to illness (no sick leave) - I will lose my job and I [deleted]! too high a price for imaginary well-being! then why do the Norwegians or Canadians not work so much (a slave day is 7.5 hours, the standard of living is higher than the Japanese one), and their countries are the most developed on their continents? the matter is in the slavish mentality of the Asians! and anyone who thinks so that this imaginary prosperity is achieved at such a terrible cost - namely, idolatry to the authorities and working hard without days off - this person and this nation, unfortunately, are slaves ((((I feel sorry for them!

M
M0f 22.11.21

Because it's not stylish, dude.))

M
MAuCTEP 22.11.21

A counter question to the author: why don't you switch to the Latin alphabet?

F
Fan_Tiesto 22.11.21

MAuCTEP
hmm, Cyrillic is much simpler than hieroglyphics, half of the letters are the same as in Latin! I don’t need to go) believe me!

M
MAuCTEP 22.11.21

Fan_Tiesto
You are partially right, but the Latin alphabet is even simpler. Then the problem with different languages ​​will be solved - everyone in the world will communicate in the same language, it will become much easier for programmers - there will be no need to bother with encodings, etc.
But not destiny. It will take a lot of time to retrain so many people, and not everyone will want to. People from childhood learn their own language, and then "think" in it. It is quite difficult to retrain a person.

M
Mr. Rifleman 22.11.21

Fan_Tiesto
Cyrillic is much simpler than hieroglyphics.
And for them, hieroglyphs are much simpler than the Latin alphabet, so let everything remain as it is.

G
GTAman 22.11.21

Fan_Tiesto
I would look at you, what would happen to you after 16 hours of hard work, without the possibility of taking a sick leave or vacation.
And what have I got to do with it? On the one hand, I did not say that I want to live in Japan. On the other hand, the level of my working capacity is not a standard to measure the reasonableness of the duration of the working day.

if I miss one day due to illness (no sick leave) - I will lose my job It
seems a little like the truth. The sick person may simply not be able to work - no matter how frighten him. Therefore, it makes no sense to punish a person for what he cannot influence. And a worker in poor health can perform poorly, which will lead to more problems than if he just went to sick leave. I don’t think rational Japanese take this ineffective approach.

and me [REDACTED]!
Again, it doesn't seem like the truth. Japan has a very low unemployment rate, meaning jobs should be easy to find (and not easy to lose).

too high a price for imaginary well-being!
And what is not imaginary? Have a profit from the sale of oil? Well, Japan was not lucky with that. She was not lucky with anything: neither with resources, nor with fertile land, nor with the area of ​​the territory. Moreover, earthquakes are not uncommon.

why do the Norwegians or Canadians not work so much (a slave day is 7.5 hours, the standard of living is higher than the Japanese), and their countries are the most developed on their continents?
This is called comparing a finger to a completely different part of the body. Canada has a smaller population than the metropolitan area of ​​Tokyo, and the country's area is 26.41 times the size of Japan. Canada is one of the largest exporters of agricultural products (in particular, grain), the largest producer of uranium and zinc, the owner of the second largest oil reserve (after Saudi Arabia). The country is also rich in natural gas, wood, aluminum, gold, nickel, lead. At the same time, Canada from the very beginning of its existence is economically closely linked with the United States. Therefore, in order to achieve well-being, she did not need extraordinary efforts - it was just not too mediocre to dispose of what she got due to her geographical location. By the way, the most developed (if we are talking about the human development index) country in North America is not Canada, but the United States.

As for Norway, with a comparable area, it has a population 24.24 times smaller than Japan. At the same time, the country is the largest producer of oil and gas in Northern Europe, and hydro resources cover 99% (!) Of the country's energy needs. Norway is also in first place in Europe in the production of aluminum and magnesium, on its territory there is the largest European titanium deposit, as well as reserves of other metals (iron, copper, molybdenum, nickel, lead, silver, zinc) and timber. So again it turns out that one country has everything, and the other has nothing, while both are comparable rich and developed. It is easy to guess for whom this prosperity was more difficult.

the matter is in the slavish mentality of the Asians!
First, azites is a very loose concept. Secondly, if, through superhuman efforts and discipline, you do not achieve a high level of development, you can find yourself in a situation where you have to work hard, but it will no longer be a question of living in comfort, but of survival. And there will be Bangladesh instead of Japan.

MAuCTEP
Counter question to the author: why don't you switch to the Latin alphabet?
As far as I know, after the transition to the metric system, the transition to the Latin alphabet was also planned as the next step in Europeanization. But this is too troublesome business, and people in the transition period would have to master both alphabets.

F
Fan_Tiesto 22.11.21

Veenine,
as for me, is better to die than to live like them - toiling at work for 16 hours, without sick leave and vacations. what does survival have to do with it? here there is only the rearing alien traditions of the Japanese on idolatry to everything that is a little older or higher in rank - he even [deleted] the emperor will be worshiped if he is higher in rank! discipline myths are not appropriate! then what to say about Holland, Switzerland, Luxembourg - there are also really no resources there, but they live better than the Japs and work much less! Yes, all of Europe lives better than the Japs. but they work less and less! it's just the stupid mentality of the Japs since the ancient world1 they have no excuse!

pfff and what does earthquakes have to do with blunt-nosed grinding at work - in the same office for 16 hours? will the languid office clerk stop the earthquake? this is a nation of aliens! Yes, in Asia everyone is like that - obedient slaves to their bosses!

But in general, I’ll tell you - they drove themselves into a grave called "to work to death in the literal sense" - there is such a phenomenon - karosi - when a person dies at work. and not at a construction site or a nuclear reactor, but in an ordinary office! but about the population - they are also to blame, that they are, that the Chinese! they would multiply less - and they would have a population on their miserable islets like in Norway, and so there is no free space! strange how this nation has not yet destroyed itself! aliens!

M
MAuCTEP 22.11.21

Veenine
Yes, I perfectly understand that there would be additional troubles. It was a provocative question to the author, I wanted to see his reaction. I thought it was a 12-year-old schoolboy writing.
By the way, Happy New Year!

G
GTAman 22.11.21

Fan_Tiesto,
as for me, it's better to die than to live like they do
Well, a Japanese can easily die if he wants, but you can't easily heal with such comfort as a Japanese :)

what does survival have to do with it?
In undeveloped countries, you have to work hard for simple survival, while in Japan the result of labor is a comfortable life. By the way, I don't know where you got the 16-hour workday from. Here people write, quite the usual duration: http://ru-japan.livejournal.com/1817451.html

About Europe - later.

MAuCTEP
By the way, Happy New Year!
Symmetrical!

M
MunchkiN 616 22.11.21

Why won't the Chinese / Japanese switch to Latin?
probably for the same reason why Russians will not switch from Greek to Latin.
a to fuflovato, nepriwishno tak nabirat tekst kakto.

_
_Raden_ 22.11.21

Because a switched on iron consumes more electricity than a switched off one.

w
we get what we deserve 22.11.21

As if with the influence of China, the world did not switch to hieroglyphs.))
I do not see anything bad in the desire to preserve traditions. Now English with its Latin alphabet is popular, but the CIS countries use the Cyrillic alphabet and nothing. And if we talk about the computer world, then with the influence of China and an increased desire to learn the Han language, you can use a translator on the Internet. My acquaintance communicated with the Chinese in this way and there were no special problems in mutual understanding. Of course, having a unified writing system and speaking Esperanto is not bad, but the world is still far from that.