3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
keksovik 22.11.21 12:21 am

Reducing traffic consumption while playing on the Internet (Counter-Strike)

Who knows how to reduce traffic consumption (outgoing)? tell me pliz ... And then it takes me 7 megs in an hour, or even more, all the same not cheap :(.
14 Comments
Sort by:
T
Terminus aka Termite-M 22.11.21

It takes me 8 MB and it's a modem. It can probably be further reduced by reducing the number of server polls, but this will have a dramatic effect on the game. :) So you don't have that much.

k
keksovik 22.11.21

It's just that an acquaintance told me that you can somehow reduce it to 2 megs, etc. ... Yes, in principle, it's not the very fact of graphics and special effects in the game (smoke, shells, bullet holes, etc.) that is important to me that less havalo traffic :). By the way, can it depend on the server? vsmysle each server spends traffic differently?

W
Wolfhein 22.11.21

the closer you are to the server, the less traffic is spent ... I spend about 8.5 MB on the modem for an hour of playing on cstrike.ru, for an hour of playing on purga.ru, about 3 MB. I play from Yekaterinburg, and it's not far from the blizzard-) ) and to tsstrayk - not sickly distance ... that's why such a difference turns out

k
keksovik 22.11.21

But I have a dedicated line ... And if by modem, then it's generally not possible to play :(, although I live in Moscow ...

o
outping 22.11.21

Dark, you don’t know ..... better don’t say;))) I blurted out such garbage, oh I can’t :)))

W
Wolfhein 22.11.21

out I'm serious -)) when playing on a blizzard, I have less traffic ... and when playing on strike.ru, more. Can you explain what is the feature if not in distance?

R
Ryn 22.11.21

cl_updaterate xxx (from 1 to 101) and cl_rate xxx (from xs to 25000) - how much traffic will be spent in an hour depends on them (I'm 100 percent sure about the 1st command).
with cl_updaterate 1 figs whom you will kill, put where-thread 30-40

v
vito 22.11.21

The friend told the truth about the distance. I recommend everyone to use proxy servers. When working through them, all unnecessary waste is filtered. Choose a proxy closer to yourself. Try to download GPRSBooster.

O
Osvold 22.11.21

in console:
rate 2500 or 25000
cl_rate 2500 or 25000
cl_cmdrate 30 or 101
cl_updaterate 30 or 101
pervoe znachenie ponizit ping i zatratu trafika no dabavit lagov
vtoroe znachenie - polnost'yu naoborot
ponijenie ping neznachitel'noe '

S
Shoka 22.11.21

Nobody knows anything, but everyone is chatting ... yes, the fact that you put updaterate 10 or 30 may lower you a little, but this does not mean that the ping will be really lower ... just to save traffic, put only cl_rate 1000 and that's it ... well, you can also set cl_updaterate 10, you can set cl_cmdrate any, since outgoing traffic is free ...

f
froot1s 22.11.21

cl_cmdrate 1
cl_updaterate 1
cl_rate 1
and that's it: DD

x
xzetra 22.11.21

And then a bullet in the forehead_)))

g
gray 22.11.21

cl_cmdrate 20
cl_updaterate 10
rate 20 (pishesh '20, no tam vrode ograni4enie)
cl_rate 20 (pishesh' 20, no tam vrode ograni4enie)

I have a rate of 0.06 USD per meg, with these settings I pay 40 cents per hour of play!

D
Danil Belykh 22.11.21

How are you there in 2004 poor