3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tinchy 22.11.21 01:19 am

Rectangle on cpu

Hello!
I am wildly sorry for asking this, but what is this black rectangle on the processor? I absolutely don't understand anything about the structure of processors and other components. Google gave nothing sensible. And please tell me if the computer can function without this rectangle on the process? We are talking about a laptop with a core i5 3210M processor

4 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 22.11.21

the fact that in the middle it actually is the processor. this is the so-called crystal in which wax somewhere in the middle lies a city of transistors with streets and pavements. little bullshit is most likely some kind of microcircuit too.
replace anything on this textolite nizya. maybe craftsmen can replace something on the back of the processor if it is damaged, therefore it and all in the aggregate this processor.
can the computer function without this rectangle on the process?
if something big is beaten off, it is almost 100 percent inoperability of the processor.
in any case, I do not know if there are people capable of handicraft replacing the crystal on the processor

L
Len4ik00N 22.11.21

whether the computer can function without this rectangle on the process of
course not. Even if 1 leg bends, the computer may stop working, not to mention the larger parts of the processor.

T
Tim7472 22.11.21

Black rectangle: "the crystal itself, which in fact is the most important and expensive part of the microprocessor to manufacture. It is thanks to this crystal that all calculations take place (and this is the most important function of the processor) and the more complex it is, the more perfect - the more powerful the processor is and the more more expensive, respectively. The crystal is made of silicon. "

Everything else: "a special textolite substrate, to which all other parts of the processor are attached, in addition, it plays the role of a contact pad - there are a large number of golden" dots "on its back side - these are contacts (you can see them a little in the figure). Thanks to the contact pad ( substrate), close interaction with the crystal is ensured, because it is not possible to directly influence the crystal in any way. "

T
Tinchy 22.11.21

Thank you all very much for your answers! You helped a lot)))