3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Resident Fan 22.11.21 01:37 am

List of bugs found in Gold Edition on PC (Resident Evil 5)

Characters.
1. Jill's hair bug in Desperate Escape. Fixed patch # 1
2. Chris's hair bug.
3. Jill's SFX bugs (shcloutier's hair fix included). Fixed patch # 1
4. Sheva Fairy Tale's teeth are too dark. Fixed patch # 1
5. Missing voice for some of the Barry's melee attacks. Fixed patch # 1
6. Misplaced Jill's hands for the crank animation.

Stages.
1. Ugly waves in Chapter 2-1: The Port (not a stage bug actually, vfx bug).
2.No BGM in Chapter 4-2. Fixed patch # 1
3. No flowers in Chapter 5-1. Fixed patch # 1
4.No gun case for SIG556 in Chapter 5-2. Fixed patch # 1
5. Chapter 6-1: Ship Deck. Sometimes Majini with a key-card can't jump down after spawn and you can't kill him to get a key-card. Fixed.
6.Chapter 3-1: Marshlands. Area with crocodiles on the east. After restart from the checkpoint, crocodiles enemy set will be cycled to infinity respawn. Changing stage files doesn't help. (bug found by me, Patrick from Kharkov).
7. Desperate Escape Stage 1. Some enemies, like a Chainsaw Majini or Gatling Majini, can't get out from the container. Fixed.
8. Chapter 3-2: Oil Field - Refinery. Restart from the checkpoint, after killing one or both Chainsaw majinies, will cause enemies, that you've killed before, to respawn.
9.Chapter 3-1: Marshlands. North area. If you place the mines before picking up the quest item, they will disappear while cutscene playing and appear after cutscene's end. In GFWL version, mines will stay in the cutscene and enemies will hitting mines in cutscene.
10. Mercenaries. Container's collision bug in the Ship Deck stage.

Misc.
1. Slots scheme always sorted for gamepad usage in mercenaries and all Gold Edition content. In GFWL version they are switching if you are using keyboard and have numerical scheme ON.
2. Misplaced lights when playing with display resolution higher then 1280x720px. Fixed patch # 1
3. No "give" option for weapons in solo campaign with AI partner. (the worst bug in the game).
4. Region lock when searching for the game lobby.
5. Sometimes enemies get stuck.
6. Black outline on the characters and objects. (this bug is triggered when the player turns on anti-aliasing in the game settings).
7. Loosing equipped weapon after death in versus mode (except Jill BSAA).
8. Misplaced names in the inventory. Excella's name.
9. Majini's eyeballs bug in the Desperate Escape. Very dark-red eyeballs.
10. Warrior Chris and business Sheva not unlocking for original game owners, only buyers of the DLC get them now. Fixed patch # 1
11. Static title screen. "Resident Evil 5" title is not animated.
12. Private slots when hosting a Mercenaries, Mercenaries Reunion, or Versus lobby doesn't work properly. Client accepting invite (or choosing "join game" when selecting friend in steam) will get a "The player limit has been reached" message.
13. During the chapter result screen in co-op, if one player chooses "OK" and second player lets the 60 second timer run out, the game will soft lock for both players.
14. When hosting a LAN-only server, friends can still join via the internet by sending them invite or having the friend choose "join game" when selecting you in steam.
15. Lost in Nightmares static camera angle Easter egg (interact with front door 3 times) isn't fully playable with mouse and keyboard controls (aiming gets stuck to middle of screen).
16. Collision bug, where players and enemies could get stuck in geometry at framerates above 30 is mostly fixed, but it can still happen when playing at 120fps, and it has a very low chance of occurring when playing at 60fps. Its behavior is now identical to how it was in the GFWL version.

If any of you found a bug in the game that is not on my list, then please write in the comments about your found bug, providing screenshots or videos as proof. If this is indeed a bug, then I will add it to my list of bugs.
And this topic will be relevant here until I personally or Capcom fix all the remaining bugs in the game after patch # 1
16 Comments
Sort by:
-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 22.11.21

In incentive there is an official thread on the found bugs, you can drop your findings there.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/21690/discussions/0/618457398964473368/

R
Resident Fan 22.11.21

Rick Forelli
Alas! I am not on the incentive, because I do not play licensed games, and therefore do not buy them.
Therefore, I cannot do this in any way in Steam, what you ask me to do.
You can do it yourself, or any other fan of the RE series who is on Steam and buys games there.

M
Mercenary 22.11.21

Patrick_from_Kharkov
Do you know that all these bugs can be simply due to a pill (crack)?
So buy the game if you are such a fan of RE.

R
Resident Fan 22.11.21

Mercenary
No. All the bugs that are on the list are all official ones made by the Japanese when porting the game to the PC.
All these bugs are on the license. So there is a pirate, and a quack to the pirate is not to blame. Info = 100%
Just think logically guys, well, if this was the only reason for pirate and crack, would I raise such hot 2 topics about this game on this forum? I clearly do not look like a fool. I create topics that are truthful, and official, and not just to attract attention to myself.
Guys, if you do not believe me, take the time and specifically enable the Gold Edition on the PC, those places and levels where the bugs are described in my list and check them, and you will find them all in the game.
These bugs were found by true fans of the RE series in the place with me, including. =)

806653790809545634 22.11.21

Jason Thrash
I don't look like a fool.
Similar. These are not bugs, but some kind of nonsense that you can't even distinguish without reading about it. Half of the list was fixed with a patch, which actually had to be done unnecessarily. Who will peer into the hair or eyes of enemies? The rest I didn’t read much, but I don’t have it and didn’t have it before the patch. I don't know where you got this list from, but a lot is possible from the localization of other languages. The only problem that I don't like, unlike the live version, is the disabled transfer of weapons between the bot.

R
Resident Fan 22.11.21

Dr. Otto Wolfgang Ort-Meyer
This is the most brutal bug in the game, that you cannot transfer an AI weapon to a partner. There the "transfer" function is not displayed in the inventory. Oddly enough, but other items can be transferred, but only weapons cannot. Apparently, this is due to the weapon files in the game folder, which need to be replaced from the old version of the game, so that later the transfer of weapons would work in the new version. Or, most likely, this is a bug in the Russian localization, that the transfer function is not available. I have already started looking for the reason in this, in order to fix this bug myself, by replacing the file, or by editing the origin. file inside.

806653790809545634 22.11.21

Jason Thrash
This is not a localization. I play the original English Steam litsuha. The files in Gold for this are evidently made the same in the single and in the co-op, and in which the weapons were not transferred before. I will not change the files for the license anyway, and I will not go through normally with the bot. And if you want, then poke around in the old and new pirates with files purely for yourself.

R
Resident Fan 22.11.21

That's all already. Not a damn thing. I have already looked through everything, in the folders what files I could. And even many of them were specially unpacked with the ARC tool to see what is inside. I replaced a bunch of files from the old version of the 2009 game with the new Gold Edition version, and not a single bug was corrected later in the game.
Not transferring weapons to the bot, not errors in Russian subtitles that do not match the Russian voice acting of 1C, not other bugs have not been fixed either. And I already seem to understand what the reason is. Only I can’t eliminate it myself. It turns out that Gold Edition contains more files and even folders than the 2009 version of the game. And it is most likely that all the bugs that I could not fix by replacing the old files with new ones, the bugs are all in additional files and in folders that are not in the old version of 2009. And accordingly, I do not have ready-made sample files to drop them into a replacement folder, because I have no place to simply get these files or folders from. After all, they are not in the old version of the Japanese mother game! And this is a real BACKGROUND! So, here already none of us, on our own, will be able to eliminate the bugs remaining in the game according to my list above. This can only be done by the developers themselves, by creating new files for future replacement in the patch. So the fans have no choice but to wait for the second patch to be released. But I'm afraid that they will release it in another 5 years. How much time has passed since the release of the first patch? They are something and do not rush to patches to patch all the holes in their game. It looks like the Japanese have already spit on their old stuff, and they are working on a new project, Resident Evil: Zero HD Remaster. And what about the players? And for the players BAYAN. That's what. Suffers and suffers with a bunch of unpatched bugs in the Gold Edition game. A pirate or a license. after the release of the first patch? They are something and do not rush to patches to patch all the holes in their game. It looks like the Japanese have already spit on their old stuff, and they are working on a new project, Resident Evil: Zero HD Remaster. And what about the players? And for the players BAYAN. That's what. Suffers and suffers with a bunch of unpatched bugs in the Gold Edition game. A pirate or a license. after the release of the first patch? They are something and do not rush to patches to patch all the holes in their game. It looks like the Japanese have already spit on their old stuff, and they are working on a new project, Resident Evil: Zero HD Remaster. And what about the players? And for the players BAYAN. That's what. Suffers and suffers with a bunch of unpatched bugs in the Gold Edition game. A pirate or a license.
In short, everyone is waiting for the release of the second official patch, from the developers of Capcom.

h
hardwaredude 22.11.21

What nonsense is it that they screwed up the transfer of weapons to a partner? It never worked, back in the 2009 GFWL version. Don't tell me, I went through it more than 100 times, including with an AI partner. Weapon transfer capabilities never existed. I have both GFWL and Steam licks. I never even considered it a bug until I saw a picture in the manual that there really should be such a possibility.

These are not bugs, but nonsense.

Learn English and read carefully. There are very cruel bugs, like the inability to take a key card from the enemy, enemies stuck in containers, respawning crocodiles, etc. And this is after the patch.

A
Andrey Gordaboev 22.11.21

I have just passed the 2009 version and I can say for sure that it is POSSIBLE to transfer weapons! Gold buggy)

h
hardwaredude 22.11.21

Andrey Gordaboev I have

just completed the 2009 version and I can say for sure that it is POSSIBLE to transfer weapons!

Depends on the GFWL version. The game has some kind of binding of some specific functions to the GFWL. On some versions it works, on some it doesn't.

f
fox453 22.11.21

Patrick Russian
interestingly in dlc you can transfer weapons. Can I somehow pull out the file responsible for the transfer of weapons from dlc and insert it into the main game?

-

Replacing the files will not help, the author in the message above from June 9 at 21:45 talked about this.

R
Resident Fan 22.11.21

fox453
No. In the two additional story DLCs, weapons cannot be transferred to a bot to a partner either. Replacing files from there will not help.
Only the fix, or the official patch # 2, which Capcom refused to release, will help to release this old game. They stated that they will not make any more patches for this part of the game. They are working on other new projects for Resident Evil games.
And this means that the fans themselves as you want, look and think about how to fix bugs in the game on their own. The developers spat on the fans of the fifth Resident. This is sad.

f
fox453 22.11.21

Patrick Russian
I just passed the dlc yesterday where they run in the castle. Jill ran to open the door to the dining room and on the way took a sniper rifle which I took away from her without any problems.

-

Patrick Russian
They said that they will not make any more patches for this part of the game.
It’s not true, they didn’t make any official statements about it. Nevertheless, the fact that the patch did not appear a few months later suggests that it really is not planned to be released.