3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Marquess 23.11.21 11:00 pm

Is the game worth buying? Both parts? (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

This is an open world RPG set in the Star Wars universe? Interesting? How long will it last? And are both parts good?
20 Comments
Sort by:
L
LEFT FOR DTF 23.11.21

Marquess
there is no open world.
they are similar to the first part of dragon age: prologue, several planets, intermediate location, epilogue.

as for me, one of the best games in the poll and one of the best RPGs in general. I'm talking about the first part.

in the second, there were some fatty bugs earlier, dialogues with pieces cut out of them were more like the delirium of a schizophrenic, and not like a narrative. and in general the second part is kind of ragged, this green palette is also nasty. although literally, just recently, some official (!) patch was released on the incentive (after so many years!), Which, it seems, restores the cut content, dialogues, etc. I haven’t gotten around to it yet, so I don’t presume to judge its quality.

IMHO, the first part is a masterpiece. passed it 7 or 8 times.
the second one time. the second time I did not even reach the choice of specialization, it smells too much of a carbon copy of the first part.

M
Marquess 23.11.21

lookaway

thanks

K
Kay Ovald 23.11.21

These are masterpieces on a par with Neverwinter, Baldur's Gate, etc. This is the time of the maximum power of the Biovarians, when there were not yet all these flirting with tolerance and cutting off everything and everyone.
These are some of the best RPG plots in general and SG in particular.
Moreover, now they have been slightly refurbished, it's time to take them. They even brought achievements to the second one. :) Both parts are an RPG icon, a classic.

T
Tensero 23.11.21

They are both good, something I have not seen such bugs in the second part. I advise you to play both parts and then to the old republic.

M
Marquess 23.11.21

Mericon

so I'm asking about the old republic, the second part is something about the Sith

L
LEFT FOR DTF 23.11.21

Marquess
he means mmo The old Republic

A
Amishor 23.11.21

Both are worth going through, the more they cost a penny in the incentive.
Opinions are different, I personally like the second part the most - if you decide to play, then be sure to download the restored content. In the incentive, they added the best graphics (like) and achievements, I'm not sure about the cut parts, I haven't played the updated version yet.

M
Marquess 23.11.21

lookaway
damn, I was hoping for an open world like skyrim or witcher

L
LEFT FOR DTF 23.11.21

Camille Co
on my wine7 started without problems. there you just need to turn off the composition of the workstation.

Marquess is
not, it is not explicitly here. the game is exclusively story-oriented and quest-oriented.

K
KroRex 23.11.21

Both parts are good, in the second only the beginning is boring, and then they go on equal terms. Personally, I bought myself a second incentive, if they release the updated first and buy it too.

PS The augmented content and crack must be installed by yourself.

A
Alex coachman 23.11.21

Buy Star Wars Anthology. They are now skidone. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/66986/
PS However, keep in mind that the Russian language is usually dumb there, in KOTORs for sure. That is, if you don’t know English, you will have to put rusik.

M
Mage Hermit 23.11.21

Well, byra ran to buy KOTOR !!!

G
GamOl 23.11.21

The first masterpiece ...
The second masterpiece ...
They don't make such games
anymore ... IMHO ...
The other day I bought the second part after Steam released the patch, now I'm replaying it with great pleasure.

b
b1ackjack 23.11.21

If you like more or less classic RPGs and / or ZV, then a must-have. At least the first one. I have one of my favorites along with Planescape and DA Origins. It will take 35 hours, give or take, now I'm just going through it. I played the second one in a very raw form, and I could not finish it, so I don’t know for sure, but many like it even more than the first one. Well, Steam has recently updated it properly, so now is the time to get acquainted, I think.

e
expLuLZ 23.11.21

I went through each part more than 5 times and still interest in these two parts does not fade away - an exciting series of KOTOR!
It is a pity that, now, such games are practically not released.

S
SP-minus 23.11.21

the games are not bad, but at the seven they are very buggy

M
Marquess 23.11.21

SP-minus
expLuLZ
b1ackjack
GamOl

torn between KOTOR and Darkest Dungeon

b
b1ackjack 23.11.21

Marquess

Darkest is also a great game) Just choose what you want more - story RPG or roguelike.

R
Richards 23.11.21

Here is my opinion,
A lot of idle chatter with NPCs, a minimum of combat, the plot is of course interesting, but damn it to go through it normally, you can't do without pumping guides, too strict conditions for the distribution of points, one wrong attachment and the character will receive a bunch of people, and at an average level complexity it will all happen. And you can't reassign the glasses.

If you are lucky to get it right, the game will delight you just awesome, I tried to play twice, the first time I went through with grief, getting a luley from the final boss and running away throwing grenades at him, although I played for a Jedi, I was torn apart with two hits. The second time I recently started playing, and again the same problem the current is already on the planet Tatooine, where my Persian was fried to the point by elite mad wars ambush attackers, after which I scored.

My advice to you is to start with the second part, but beware of nichilius, although he can pump the glasses normally, in my presence he killed my Persians with two hits at once, and the rest of the game was passed without problems.

R
Richards 23.11.21

Better buy a Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academi, that's where the storyline battles with the Sith are just epic