3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Crooked man 23.11.21 11:27 pm

Temperature

I forgot to turn on the cooling and the video card (gtx 980 ti) warmed up to 83 degrees (mainly 69-71), does the temperature affect the life of the video card and is this normal temperature for a video card? Can it burn? If so, what is the critical temperature?
10 Comments
Sort by:
J
Joker_ha_ha_ha 23.11.21

Do you manually turn on the cooling? What the hell?

C
Crooked man 23.11.21

Marcus_Fenix
Yes, with oc guru 2

s
shant_93 23.11.21

83 this is not critical. It is advisable to avoid exceeding 90 degrees. but 100+ hail is already very very bad, for a long time with such a temperature it will not survive and burn easily. So you have all the rules. As a last resort, you can vacuum the PC worse from this will not be

K
Kryogen 23.11.21

Dude, you're doing some shit! Why do you turn on / off the cooling yourself ???? for all tishki, if the temperature is less than 50 degrees, the fans do not work at all, Silent is on on my G1 giga, in some games the fan does not work at all, and so the temperature above 75 degrees did not rise in any game, you do not need to use any programs, let alone decides when she needs to turn on or off. Critical is about 95-100 degrees.

s
sudey 23.11.21

Kryogen
Explain to me why I cannot and should not turn on the cooling manually? what's wrong with that? I always turn it on manually if anything

C
Crooked man 23.11.21

Kryogen
That's just the point, the cooling itself does not turn on, I also have g1 gigabyte, there was a disk with software (OC_GURU 2) without it, the cooling does not turn on

K
Kryogen 23.11.21

sudey
Why these troubles? The card works on its own, is it well tuned? why interfere with her work processes? well, as they say to each his own.

K
Kryogen 23.11.21

Crooked Man

I also have a disk, but I did not even install this guru 2, the card after installing the drivers from the expiration works without additional software.

f
fOXY9 23.11.21

I'm using MSI Afterburner that came with the graphics card. Idle 29, load 49-55. The program itself adjusts the speed fun. MSI series with two coolers, silent even at 50% fun. In general, temperatures over 60 are not desirable, because they lead to the fastest degradation of the crystal.

s
sudey 23.11.21

On the desktop, I set the cooling to a minimum in games, I set it to 77% of 100% msi afterburner (2500 rpm) and I have enough so that the temperature does not exceed 71-72 degrees + overclocking with a voltage rise 1500 7900 1.237v. And what temperatures the computer itself will give me at its discretion, I do not want to rely on the computer, so to speak.