3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Timur Semishev 23.11.21 11:40 pm

Is it possible to put additional operatives (and which one)

Help! Tired of 32bit, I decided to put an additional 2 gig of RAM on the computer (now 2) to put 64bit. So that's it. Can I? And if so, which one is right?
Computer charts : Intel Pentium E5400 ATI Radeon HD4650
10 Comments
Sort by:
R
RomanRTS 23.11.21

First, find out how much and what kind of memory your motherboard can hold.
To do this: go to the manufacturer's website, look for your motherboard and look at the memory support parameters (type, frequency and maximum size).
You can also see the "list of memory compatibility tested".
Shl. When buying, it is advisable to take the memory one-to-one with the already installed one.

T
Timur Semishev 23.11.21

RomanRTS
Here's what I found:
<Compatibility with FSB1600 / 1333/1066/800 MHz
Support for dual-channel DDR2 800/667 (2 x DIMM), maximum capacity 8 GB>

That is, I can put two more RAMs of 2 GB each (exactly the same as standing now)? The processor will not mind?

R
RomanRTS 23.11.21

Timur Semishev
The processor does not affect this, here everything depends on the chip and the limitations of the motherboard.
In this case, you can install up to 4 DDR2 strips, 2GB each, without any problems.
Just keep in mind that manufacturers only guarantee the operation of standard DDR2 strips up to 800 MHz. 1066 or more is already considered overclocking and therefore is not guaranteed.

And yes:
1. How many slots are there for memory?
2. How many memory sticks are worth?

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 23.11.21

Timur Semishev
can put up to 4 DDR2 strips of 2GB each without any problems.

Don't listen to people, you can put 2 to 4.

T
Timur Semishev 23.11.21

RomanRTS
VITYA_KOLYADENKO
The fact of the matter is that I have only 2 slots, as it turns out. Already stands at 2GB in one. Question: can I pull it out and put in two by 4?

m
moblin 23.11.21

Timur Semishev
Well, think logically. If you have a maximum volume of 8 gigabytes and there are only 2 slots, by simple mathematical calculations 8/2 we get the answer: yes, you can.

R
RomanRTS 23.11.21

Timur Semishev
You can. In this case, it is better to take modules with a one-sided arrangement of chips, otherwise it may not work.
In principle, usually if the mother does not work with bilateral modules, they write about this in the instructions. But, IMHO, it's better to overbid than to run back to the store later.

T
Timur Semishev 23.11.21

moblin
RomanRTS

Thanks. Little I understand about this ... It will be necessary to read more About my ASRock G31M-S ...

Q
Qwynex 23.11.21

When playing Fallout 4, hangs were noticed due to lack of RAM, I think to add 2 GB, will it be enough so that the game does not freeze? pc config in profile.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 23.11.21

Qwynex
In what resolution you play, see tests. The percentage is not the worst, the so-called. 6-core.