3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexander OmiCron 24.11.21 09:53 pm

Some clarifying questions about Dark Souls from a newbie to this game (Dark Souls)

Guys, hello everyone! This is the first time I'm going through Dark Souls Remaster and I have some clarifying questions about the game:

1. How and how can I influence the loot from opponents to fall more often? Maybe for this you need to pump something of the characteristics? Or maybe it's just worth resurrecting opponents through the fire and killing them more often with the opportunity to get some kind of Loot?

2. Why and what is humanity needed for? Does it make sense to use it for yourself or is it better to spend it somewhere else?

3. How to optimally pump the character on the first playthrough, so as not to screw up the pumping (because if I invest in the wrong one according to the characteristics, then the subsequent increase will cost me more in terms of Souls)?
What's the point? - It's one thing if I had already played the game before and knew roughly where and in what characteristics to invest. Well, this is my first playthrough and I don’t know where it’s better to invest.

4. What is the point and why to join / not join the order? What does it give me?

5. Does it make sense (without harm to the game / not to lose some tasks) to kill neutral NPCs?
3 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kvasilich 24.11.21

1. The Ring of the Golden Serpent and the Symbol of Greed (no spoilers;), + humanity are responsible for increasing the drop chance, see below.
2. Chebureknost influences a lot, point by point:
- visually turns a hollow character into a living one (barankin, be a human!) And makes it possible to play in a cooperative - with active hours, invasions / help / hints from players open up
- increases the chance of items dropping - the more active hours, the higher the chance of a drop
- allows you to pump fires (+5 estuses per hour, up to 20)
- acts as a healer - using one hour completely restores HP
- affects the pumping of one of the covenants (without spoilers;)
In short, a useful thing) It is better to carry with you in the form of consumables and use if necessary, because you can blow it out at death with souls. It is farmed as a consumable from some mobs, in the active form it is randomly dropped from mobs in locations where there are unkilled bosses.
3. In ds it is difficult to screw up the pumping, tk. all stats have a limit, above which there is almost no point in pumping them (about 40-50), and there is a fairly clear division into a warrior-mage. If you play as a warrior, it is enough to pump in only vitality, endurance, strength and dexterity (the latter two are responsible for the requirements and bonuses to weapons). Endurance is more important than survivability (IMHO;), because it affects the carrying capacity, which determines the speed of movement and rolls.
4. Covenants (orders) are aimed mainly at the network game, although offline can also be pumped. For increasing ranks, they give unique items and spells.
5. With rare exceptions - no)

M
Mr_POMAH 24.11.21

I will add that 10 active humanity is enough for dropping items (the counter is near XP), more than 10 already does not affect the drop chance

A
Alexander OmiCron 24.11.21

Kvasilich
Mr_POMAH
Thank you for such open questions) I pass now - I enjoy it.

ps How would you like the following games to be released on your PC: Bloodrain and Demon Souls