3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ixian 24.11.21 10:19 pm

How to uninstall Ansel in DCH version of the driver?

Hello everyone!
Can you please tell me how to remove Ansel in the new Nvidia drivers?
Until recently, I only installed standard drivers. After installation, I went to the C: Program Files NVIDIA Corporation folder and manually deleted the Ansel folder. This method was described back in 2019 and worked. But in the last couple of months, only DCH drivers have been released. As I understand it, we won't wait any longer for the standard one. After searching the Internet for how to install a driver from Nvidia without the accompanying newfangled garbage, I found a fresh topic where the NVCleanstall utility was advised. Following the instructions, I installed this utility, yesterday I downloaded the latest DCH driver and installed it, excluding all the garbage in the settings. However, I did not find the "do not install Ansel" item. After installation, I launched the game and this ugly inscription came out suggesting to press Alt + F2. Went through an advanced search on the C: drive. One folder was found containing the word "
Since yesterday, I have been looking for a solution to the problem on the Internet, but I have not found anything other than using NVIDIA Profile Inspector. I don't want to use NVIDIA Profile Inspector, as this is a very clumsy method, because you have to go there and change the parameter for each game. In addition, the settings fly off after updating the driver ((
A couple of times there was a way where I had to do something in the nvidia geforce experience, but I don’t have it and I don’t install it.
22 Comments
Sort by:
C
Coronavirus 24.11.21

Ixian I
myself am looking for a solution to this problem.
Previously, the NVSlimmer program helped. But now it’s no use at all. She does not see Ansel at all, but it is installed.

b
bloomm 24.11.21

Do not use it, someone pokes you in the ass with an awl or what?

I
Ixian 24.11.21

bloomm
bloomm wrote:
Do not use it, someone pokes you with an awl in the ass or what?
Never used. I want to delete it.

G
Gameadril 24.11.21

Ixian wrote: I
couldn't find anything other than using NVIDIA Profile Inspector.
The Inspector doesn't fix the problem. I tried it yesterday. Changed the value for Ansel from 0x0000001 to 0x0000000. It should have turned off. After the restart, the field became passive and the value was 0x0000000. But in The Witcher 3, this ugly inscription with Alt f2 came out

I
Ixian 24.11.21

Geymadril
I also have this inscription in the Witcher :(

S
SonyK_2 24.11.21

Coronavirus
Coronavirus wrote:
... Previously, the NVSlimmer program helped ...
There is also NVCleanstall - it makes it possible to choose what to install. You don't have to download the necessary one again, but use the previously downloaded driver file.
Spoilerhttps: //www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-nvcleanstall/

G
Gott mit uns 24.11.21

Ixian
How can you delete sacred ??? !!!!! I personally have no idea how you can play without it. It is even more common than suite effixes and reshaders, while eating much less fps, about minus 3-4 frames in 4k. Skillfully choose the right points and set up in your own way, taking in there also the sharpness of the sharpening, you can achieve, well, proooooo mind-blowing mmmmega pictures!) Don't you dare delete such a graphonium!

C
Coronavirus 24.11.21

SonyK_2
Tried NVCleanstall. Thanks for the advice!
She sees even more garbage in the firewood of Nvidia than NVSlimmer. But unfortunately, where you can choose what to install, there is simply no Ansel item.
I read in the internet what can be disabled through NvCameraConfiguration. But I did not find NvCameraConfiguration.exe on the C drive.
Did as the dude wrote above. After installing driver 496.76 through NVCleanstall, which you advised, looked through the Inspector. Ansel is disabled. Launching Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands - an inscription pops up. The same thing pops up in Mass Effect Andromeda and The Witcher 3. Press Alt + F2 - writes that the program is not available.
Removed this shit via Display Driver Uninstaller. Installed the old standard driver 472.12. I don't think a new driver will be needed in the next couple of months. No games yet.

S
SonyK_2 24.11.21

Coronavirus
Coronavirus wrote:
... unfortunately, where you can choose what to install, there is simply no Ansel item ...
Maybe in later versions of drivers, the Nvidia website does not offer newer 472.12 for my bucket.
Spoiler
... Launching Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands - an inscription pops up. The same thing pops up in Mass Effect Andromeda and The Witcher 3. I pressed Alt + F2 - it says that the program is not available ...
Perhaps this inscription is "built" into the games and pops up without taking into account the installation of Ansel in the system - in some it appeared but didn't use it.

C
Coronavirus 24.11.21

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
Maybe in later versions of drivers so
Your assumption is correct. I checked on three drivers released after 472.12. The program that you suggested sees Ansel in 472.12 and there the installation can be canceled. But in the following he does not see. Also note that 472.12 is the last standard driver. After him, the standard ones are no longer released - only DCH. Perhaps it has something to do with it.
SonyK_2 wrote:
for my bucket, the Nvidia site does not offer newer 472.12.
It will suggest if you put Win 10 at the point of the operating system. I always downloaded it from the extended one, since they offered standard drivers until September of this year.
This is what it will be if you choose moronic DCH
Spoiler
This will be if you choose the standard ones and here it becomes clear that the last standard driver is 472.12
Spoiler
SonyK_2 wrote:
Perhaps this inscription is "built" into the games and pops up without taking into account the installation of Ansel in the system
I do not think. Using your program, I installed 472.12, where I prohibited the installation of Ansel. The caption did not appear in any of the above games. But when installing the DCH driver, Ansel does not see either NVCleanstall or NVSlimmer. Only NVIDIA Inspector makes it possible to disable this moronism. But even after turning off the game, they see him. Logic dictates that disabling the installation of Ansel or removing it later will solve the problem. It remains to find a way (((, but to be honest. I'm already bored. Over the past month, I have used DDU more times than during the entire existence of my computer.

S
Sergey23235 24.11.21

and how does it interfere, weighs little, does not affect performance, what is the problem?

C
Coronavirus 24.11.21

Sergey23235
For me personally, the problem is in Ansel itself. Previously, it was not, and I am extremely conservative in everything. I prefer everything in the form in which it was originally. It's my personal opinion.
Digging into the depths of the Internet in search of a solution to this problem, I read about other reasons. Someone uses the Alt + F1 ... F12 combination as a macro selection and Alt + F2 gets in the way. Someone uses a cheat in which this combination is reserved. On some forum, some game complained that this combination coincides with the switch for choosing an alternative weapon. And someone is simply enraged by this pop-up inscription in games.

I
Ixian 24.11.21

Today I remembered that asus puts its drivers on the site, and it comes with their installer. I just have an asus rtx 2080. I went to their website, and there it is
Spoiler
For some reason, they did not post a single driver after 472.12 about which you wrote here. Could it be that drivers 496.13, 496.49 and 496.76 have a problem? I always downloaded the drivers from the Nvidia website, not her relatives, but it seems like they always came out from the asus on the same day or the day after the original was released.

L
Listoman 24.11.21

Ixian
They do not have any problems, dch drivers are ms requirement for w10 / w11, there will never be old versions)

S
SonyK_2 24.11.21

Coronavirus
Coronavirus wrote:
... Will suggest if you put Win 10 in the operating system item ...
I know about 10 and DCH, but so far I was talking about my bucket (with 7, in the profile). I see no point in downloading drivers for another OS.
... installed 472.12 which prevented Ansel from being installed. The caption did not appear in any of the above games ...
Thanks for the info. The next time you install the driver, I will turn off all unnecessary in the program. Although Ansel does not bother me much, but if the inscription on the screen does not come out, and even more so does not create an extra folder in the documents, it is even better. Folder appears when playing games with Ansel if you don't install it?

C
Coronavirus 24.11.21

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
Thanks for the info. The next time you install the driver, I will turn off all unnecessary in the program. Although Ansel does not bother me much, but if the inscription on the screen does not come out, and even more so does not create an extra folder in the documents, it is even better. Folder appears when playing games with Ansel if you don't install it?
It's a lucky coincidence, because I have 2 axes Win 7 and Win 10. I put the 7 because of five old games, but now it came in handy for testing.
Rtx 3080 card
On Win 10, the last standard driver to offer advanced search is 472.12. Installed via NVCleanstall. There is no Ansel folder in C: Program Files NVIDIA Corporation or Documents. After starting the games, it is not created. In games, no windows come out.
On Win 7, the latest standard driver is also 472.12. I installed it the same way. There is no Ansel folder in C: Program Files NVIDIA Corporation or My Documents. It is also not created and no windows pop up in games.

S
SonyK_2 24.11.21

Coronavirus
Coronavirus wrote:
... There is no "Ansel" folder in C: Program Files NVIDIA Corporation or My Documents. It is also not created and no windows pop up in games.
Thanks I'll know. My "Ansel" folder was created in the profile folder (if I'm not mistaken).
Like that:

C
Coronavirus 24.11.21

SonyK_2
I used Windows search in both 10 and 7. I was looking for * ansel * in any phrase. Found only one file on Win 10 which was called apache-sanselan.license and has absolutely nothing to do with this garbage from nvidia;)

B
Baxmap 25.01.22

and what prevents in GeForce Experience from turning off the game overlay where you can change the power buttons at the same time?

s
st2ts 18.03.22

Also went through the search. AnselSDK64.dll was found in the folders of two games. Out of ~15 games, only in Battlefield 5 and Watch Dogs 2 "Ansel" gets out. It turns out that it is sewn into the game, and not in the nvidia drivers. Delete, do not delete, xs. It doesn't seem to affect FPS.