3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Makar_AS8 24.11.21 10:19 pm

Impressions of playing on a 2k monitor (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Good day. I would like to ask the owners of 2k monitors, what is the general impression? What about fps, picture, do you use dlss, if you have a rtx card and does it make sense to move to 2k resolution in your opinion?
12 Comments
Sort by:
P
Protocol10 24.11.21

Makar_AS8 The
impression will be the same as from 1080p, just the picture will be clearer. I have an RTX 2080 and a 32 '' 4K HDR monitor. I put both native 4k and 2k. 2k is slightly more soapy than 4k, but quite normal and you can quickly get used to it. The meaning of perezzhat is, for example, if 1080 p monik is 27 inches, and wants monik where the diagonal is larger. If there was a question of changing from 27 inches 1080 to 27 inches 2k, it would hardly change the monitor. In general, if there is money and suitable hardware, then you can at least 8k, and if there is no money, then you can be content with 1080p and some 2060 or 1060. Everyone decides for himself.

M
Makar_AS8 24.11.21

Protocol10
And dlss? Does it lather the picture? And then through the cloud I played in cyberpunk and control with DLSS and so far my opinion, even a hat with a hat.

S
Salyarych 24.11.21

Makar_AS8
Launched the game a year ago on PC.
2k monitor 144 hz.
Ryzen 5 3600
GTX 970
16 GB RAM.
SSD m2 980 PRO
Settings - "high". The quality of the game is good, the clarity of objects is higher compared to playing on a fxd monitor.

On the console on the same monitor - blur is added on vegetation and less drawing distance. But I don’t think it’s the monitor, rather the hardware.

I
IngwardIn 24.11.21

Salyarych
How many fps knocked out?
Protocol10
Everything is clear, according to the facts.
Makar_AS8
The higher the resolution, the less soap, this also applies to dlls.
Well, plus: there is the quality of the matrix, etc.

J
Joel Miller 24.11.21

Makar_AS8
Impressions are normal, at first unusual, but this is soon due to the size of the 32 "screen (before that there was a 22" FHD monitor), the picture, as for me, does not change dramatically, the FPS naturally decreases by about 10-15%. I have an RTX 2060 Super video card, I use DLSS because this technology gives a good increase in FPS in games where it is implemented, and I do not particularly notice the soap (especially in version 2.0). It makes sense to switch to a QHD monitor only if you have at least an RTX series video card, and starting with 2060 Super or 2070 video cards, the usual 2060 will be rather weak for such a resolution ...

M
Makar_AS8 24.11.21

Joel Miller
well, given that I plan to change my 1060 to 3060 (no matter how prices bite), then I thought about changing the monica, and given that rdr2 is a great game, I would like to get a full experience from it on the new map and monica.

J
Joel Miller 24.11.21

Makar_AS8
Well then, of course buy :)

N
Nurp 24.11.21

Makar_AS8
... money down the drain. From 2k it is necessary to switch only to 4k, but from an undersolution of 2.5k you will not get pleasure.
Copy for 4k. The monitor is an average of 7 years and it is not iron in a casing, which can be changed every year, if the money allows.

B
Bloodnes 24.11.21

Makar_AS8
Everything is simple here, the higher the resolution, the higher the texture detail, especially in the details that are in the distance. On YouTube there is a comparison video of the witcher in fullhd and 4k, use the search, look. I think there is already 100 percent decide whether it makes sense to switch to a higher resolution or not. At the very 32 '2k 165 hertz is now from della. I think that after full HD only go to 4k, or if now Monique is from the middle segment of full HD, change to a top one of the same resolution, you will get both normal FPS and normal picture quality

M
Makar_AS8 24.11.21

Nurp
I have fhd and not 2k))) And for such a vidyuhu I definitely don't have enough money, just sell a kidney

G
Gott mit uns 24.11.21

Makar_AS8 Knock
down dlss at 2k. There will be a strong soap. Dlss cut in "quality" only at 4k. A few examples:
Spoiler

Spoiler

N
Nurp 08.12.21

Makar_AS8 wrote:
I want to ask the owners of 2k monitors
Makar_AS8 wrote:
I have fhd and not 2k)))
for you personally about 2k and 2.5k. We learn to count the number of pixels on the larger side)))))
also with 4k with resolutions of 3840 and 4096. Etc.