3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Antonioo666 24.11.21 10:32 pm

Additional armies and reinforcements (Medieval 2: Total War)

Here is the story:
I play for England (1 time), I take my army and send in the direction of the rebel army. I have 3 cavalry units in my army. Nearby on the strategic map is my 2 army. I enter the battle with my 1 army and relying on reinforcements not I give the AI ​​to manage my second army. Loading is in progress. My 3 squads appear and a scroll falls from the left side of the screen. It says that reinforcements have arrived. I choose him (such blue arrows on the map), And I try to give an order to move. But they are not where The question is: how to use the reinforcements. (The fact is that I changed the hard disk and when I played on the old hard disk the reinforcements somehow moved towards the enemy.)
20 Comments
Sort by:
G
Grobik 24.11.21

The AI ​​should control the reinforcement, and if it does not, then most likely you clicked in the settings, and if there are norms there, then I don’t know.
And best of all, then choose an auto battle =)

V
Vyho 24.11.21

Before the start of the battle, next to the image of the general / banner of the faction that will be reinforcements, there is a computer icon - there is a check mark by default, i.e. in battle, AI will have control, if you remove it, you will control it yourself ...

N
Newred 24.11.21

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to manage 2 full stacks at once?
On auto control, the computer scoffs !!! I had a full stack of infantry losing the battle,
And the second stack of cavalry, reinforcements (AI), was peacefully grazing nearby.
I won the battle but in terms of losses "Pyrrhic victory".

W
Welcome 24.11.21

you cannot control more than 20 units

L
Londorium 24.11.21

You can try to show the reinforcements what to do. Attack, defend, shoot. And another place to poke where to go. But all this is nonsense. Most often, this is a stupid crowd and the transfer of units to chickens for laughter. And then at Kingdoms.

N
Newred 24.11.21

Well, nothing, I hired 2 detachments of elephants near Baghdad, so the enemy troops scatter)))

M
Mortred 24.11.21

People I read that you can manage 2 stacks, but on the corresponding computer, my machine is also not weak, but I can’t manage, but which one is interesting?

p
petja5 24.11.21

This is the first time I've ever heard of this. Give me the link where you read.

L
Londorium 24.11.21

I haven't heard either ...

g
gold239 24.11.21

Mage from Dag
You can manage if you have the "Kingdoms" addon and the "Retrofid mod" mod. During the battle, you can give orders to the army in three directions: attack, defense, firefight. And you can also select this army and order to attack a specific target.

N
Newred 24.11.21

Thanks "gold239" means there is fairness!
It turns out that the number of
my troops is NOT limited (like the Mongols in the original)

g
gold239 24.11.21

Newred

all depends on the power of your computer and on how many armies will be in the battle zone. If you or the enemy have the ability to attack at night, this very often gives an advantage!

R
Return the Panties 24.11.21

I play with the maximum number of detachments and in battles of 3x-4x large armies they almost always write reinforcements, they are not in a hurry to help you (or the enemy, which I am very happy about :)) because your percent does not pull ... Sometimes they come if a certain number of troops die .I played a battle with 20,000 chela slides, of course, but you can play it. Can you somehow turn off such a feature? but it strains the PPC.

e
eDzeer 24.11.21

The topic of delayed reinforcements is sometimes really annoying. Especially when the enemy + 2 armies, and you fuck with butter (

E
Elias sinnortis 24.11.21

In general, I never count on reinforcements. I proceed from the position that the available army is the only one.

Z
Zeuz 24.11.21

but I am nagged that I cannot make a huge army and carry it with me! What for to make the choice of control of the AI ​​reinforcement or the Player? all the same, if you uncheck the checkbox, then the reinforcements are like rams, and if you leave the AI, it is also not happy, then when it is necessary it grazes horses in the meadow or runs infantry forward then backward, then when you first want to shoot the enemy from a distance he rushes headlong into the thick of the enemy armies and falling under their own arrows, well, and also a good option, well, quite funny, when 2 armies are already in the center of a city or village to urinate hand-to-hand, then the AI ​​(the good man who prescribed it) takes out the archers and begins to sprinkle the entire group with fiery arrows. ... (I think you have already presented the picture ...) I'm already afraid to let the AI ​​control the catapults ...
If there are links to the patches that are listed above that you can normally fight with two armies, then lay out pliz, well, it is very necessary

K
King of bot 24.11.21

How do you generally imagine managing 2 armies if only 20 units are displayed on the unit panel in battle? If you do more of this, you need to change the game engine, the mods will not do it.

D
Dimon NEW 24.11.21

2King of bot
yes at least a hundred armies;) only in the order of the queue - as soon as the slot becomes free, a new detachment from reinforcements immediately enters the game :)

M
Mortred 24.11.21

So it is. remove the AI ​​control bird and you will control them only after the slot is free

L
Leeonchik 24.11.21

King of bot
how how! For some reason, in Rome total war 1, you could stupidly switch to your armies and control!