3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
restet 24.11.21 10:43 pm

squeak when cruise control speed decreases (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

I noticed already on two trucks: Volvo and Iveco squeak when I go 100 km / h on cruise control, and I start to lower it to 95 using the same cruise control. the sound resembles a mosquito squeak. even on the Iveco tidy, a yellow light comes on. what could it be?
37 Comments
Sort by:
G
GastoGun 24.11.21

Reduced speed alert. In real trucks, this system is also sometimes found.

r
restet 24.11.21

GastoGun
thanks.

s
st.pone 24.11.21

GastoGun
restet
And both of you are wrong, you have a checkmark in the settings (adaptive cruise control) and this squeak is the sound of a retarder that turns on when the speed is higher than the designated one, and the yellow light on Iveco just signals the retarder is turned on.

S
SlavikSD 24.11.21

st.pone is right, this is the sound of the retarder. Someone has a squeak, someone has a moan. Depends on the installed sound. One I even heard a police siren on the retarder))

r
restet 24.11.21

st.pone
SlavikSD
thanks to all of them. By the way, there is silence on Scania P. and I will probably turn off the adaptive cruise control.

s
st.pone 24.11.21

restet
Silence on SCAN, most likely because the checkpoint is without a retarder.

S
SlavikSD 24.11.21

restet
Yes, most likely due to the lack of a retarder. And adaptive cruise keeps the set speed on the descent. With a slight excess.

r
restet 24.11.21

st.pone
SlavikSD
is essentially a necessary thing, sometimes it can help out in the mountainous region)

S
SlavikSD 24.11.21

restet
Yes, I only go with a retarder. Very comfortably. And when I picked up the boxes for myself, then the retarder must be prescribed for everything))

r
restet 24.11.21

SlavikSD
in what sense "prescribed"?

S
SlavikSD 24.11.21

restet
Well, if the box was without a retarder, I put it into it.

r
restet 24.11.21

SlavikSD
then, if it's not a secret, please share information, what to register and where ...

S
SlavikSD 24.11.21

restet
Can you open a box file, for example 12_speed.sii?

r
restet 24.11.21

SlavikSD
Yes, I opened it with a notepad. but I pulled this file from the mod. and if the checkpoint is "native", from the game, then what to do?

S
SlavikSD 24.11.21

restet Remove
this box from the def.scs file unpacked from the game. Set the required parameters in the checkpoint and mold a mod out of this case.

r
restet 24.11.21

For
some reason, SlavikSD does not open def.scs from the game for me, writes "the archive is damaged" ... I opened the rest of the scs without problems ...

S
SlavikSD 24.11.21

restet
Of course not opening. We need an unpacker. Tell me which truck and gearbox. I will pull out, insert the retarder and make you a mod. Moreover, if you want, I can immediately make it on several tracks and boxes. So that you don't run to the store twice)

r
restet 24.11.21

SlavikSD
do you mean SCS_Unlocker? )) I passed it through it, anyway "the archive is damaged"

but I asked about the retarder for the future ... until I even chose the car, I work for my uncle.

S
SlavikSD 24.11.21

restet
Well, I don't know what your problem is. I have both files unpacked from the game: def and base

r
restet 24.11.21

SlavikSD
on my SCS Unlocker writes that def.scs is an unsupported file, but it still creates an "unlocked" copy, which winrar swears "the archive is damaged" ...
please try to unpack my def.scs file:
Spoilerhttp: //rghost.ru/6qXmYGGzN
with the file "base" the same