3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 24.11.21 11:14 pm

GTX 970 vs GTX 970

An unexpected title for the topic, isn't it?
But the point is simple - now you can choose a card from different manufacturers. And the prices differ by 4-5k - which is a lot for the same chip. In the end, who should you choose?
13 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 24.11.21

stupid topics are paradoxical.
I would, for example, choose from gigabit with 3 fans and overclocked chostot. it is noisy but kind and you can not get overwhelmed, but you can try to squeeze out MHz 70 by setting the blowdown to maximum.
or would choose a reference turbine of the same mind. but this is no longer there, but there is a current turbine from the asus with a weak feed and a shortened board

b
bloomm 24.11.21

MunchkiN 616
70? did you even deal with the 970? I ran 5 models, all took 120+ with one finger without increasing the voltage, but not all of them had a stable memory with a maximum of 300-350. A shortened board and a power supply do not play any role at all that over 500 phases that 8 phases are the same pazgon + - 10 -20 mhz

b
bloomm 24.11.21

Ilya Rak
They are the same, the same stock can be pushed to the asus overclocking level, it's all about temperature and noise ... There was some kind of msi with 2 large valves, it cost 24 a week ago, I saw it, take it, or you can find Avito for 17.

I
Ilya Rak 24.11.21

MunchkiN 616
stupid topics are
told by a dude who cannot be read without tears.
Spoiler

C
Cold light 24.11.21

I have a GTX 970 MSI GAMING, I took it at the end of October 2014, I am very happy with the card, I have no problems. Quiet, cold, everything is at maximum without overclocking, a rug as a gift.

M
MunchkiN 616 24.11.21

bloomm
geforce 970 gigabyte g1 gaming is one of the most overclocked cards on the market as far as i know. and more or less safely, ordinary 970 can work within 1200mg on the chip. there, of course, you can overclock more, but the pitch is savvy - the higher the initial frequency and the kinder the cooling, the higher the result.
And finally, overclocking a video card from the crafty one, I think it is more reasonable to take any cards overclocked at the factory.

b
bloomm 24.11.21

MunchkiN 616 is
not the most overclocking 5 or 6

I
Iskander2015 24.11.21

Ilya Rak
1. ASUS ROG, MSI Lightning !, ASUS
2. MSI, EVGA
3. GIGABYTE
4. ZOTAC the
rest from the "evil"
all this concerns NVIDIA, and only cards not lower than 670,760,960

M
Molarky24 24.11.21

the owner of gigabye g1 gaming, I can describe the disadvantages of the card
1. it hangs the throttles under load. (well, you can hear it noticeably, if you want, you can try to hand it over to the SC)
2. these fans do not go below 1000 rpm. (40%)
well, everything seems to be from the minuses.

-
-SK.art- 24.11.21

W3aMisterWinner is an order of magnitude
colder than that of the same msi game

, is it 2-3 degrees with more noise and more revolutions? OK.

G
GG4 24.11.21

There is no point in taking the 970, it does not support msaa anti-aliasing.

s
saa0891 24.11.21

Take MSI, they have a very cool cooling system (coolers do not spin at all without load, the temperature is around 30-40 degrees), the card is very quiet and efficient, in general it pleases that with each new line the cards are getting better in all respects, I have already observed this on three copies from MSI, though I buy tops.

G
GG4 24.11.21

W3aMisterWinner
980 draws x2 with soft shadows and HBAO + in current games. 970-I even shadows and HBAO + pulls not in all games.