3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LaserDeath 24.11.21 11:15 pm

The game eats only 2 GB of RAM out of 16, is this the norm? (Fallout 4)

Actually the subject. the game eats only 2GB. In this case, everything flies at max settings.
It only takes a long time to load when moving. Although I have Windows and a game on an SSD.

Can someone tell me where to dig deeper into the settings so that she sees all the memory and loads faster?

screenshots

12 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nikita237 24.11.21

LaserDeath
It should be

B
BoB_Er 24.11.21

You need to measure it in the game itself.

C
Cucumber312 24.11.21

I would like that.
Eats 3.8-9 GB of 4 available, which is why wild loads.
I'm not talking about Boston itself.

V
VALENTIN_88 24.11.21

run the game 15 times and all memory will be clogged

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 24.11.21

Who said that the requirements are only for the game? And the system, and other programs.

n
neyman85 24.11.21

LaserDeath
Hello! Remove the swap file on ssd and see the result

L
LaserDeath 24.11.21

neyman85
He is on my loan and is worth it. I really included some option in the tweaker so that the textures do not wash, they are all loaded at once. It says that it increases the download time. Maybe because of this.

L
LaserDeath 24.11.21

It is interesting if we increase the address space of the game, say, up to 8 gigs, instead of the standard 4 for 64 Windows. Will it load faster?

i
iFlower 24.11.21

LaserDeath
So everyone, the game doesn't need it anymore, it slows down because of something else. This has been discussed for a long time:
Spoilerhttp: //forums.playground.ru/fallout_4/tech/kak_by_uskorit_zagruzku_lokatsij-884186/#comment-14327236

l
lokkie 24.11.21

This is fine. On the ulta, she eats 2.5GB. But I sometimes have 3GB of video memory, if I play for a long time.
It takes a long time to load on ultra texture settings + TAA. It is treated only by switching textures to high, TAA can be left on. There is not much difference, but it loads much faster.

Z
ZlobnyDed 24.11.21

lokkie Are you
sure?

RAM: 1 number - RAM, the second - paging file. In some places, it eats 5.2 GB of RAM and 7100 swap. On the ultras. And 2.5GB can only be seen in the task manager when the game is minimized, but what is the use of this?

l
lokkie 24.11.21

RAM: 1 number - RAM, the second - paging file.
You still want to know what RAM is, right? )
2500 + 3000, here it is for you and you get 5.2GB. I am dragging due to video memory, because physical, RAM, only 4GB. I don’t take the swap file, because I don’t use it because of the sufficiency of another source, that is, video memory. Specifically, from RAM, it loads only 1.9GB into RAM.
With a shortage of video memory and RAM, but it climbs into the swap file, and then everything depends on the hard one. If there is an SSD, then friezes are not so noticeable when memory requests are made.
Firshtein? )