3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
djjack 24.11.21 11:21 pm

How to disable server news at the beginning? (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

Good day, comrades!
Zadolbalo constantly, 10 times at the beginning of the game, click on "next" under the news of servers and updates, and watch the logos. Is it somehow possible to cut it off or just translate the STIM into offline mode?
9 Comments
Sort by:
d
dima_answer 24.11.21

djjack
no way

d
djjack 24.11.21

dima_answer
understood, thank you, but I kept hoping that somewhere in the ini-files you can skip :-(

I
ILIA_1992 24.11.21

I have another question. I will not create a topic littering the forum.

When the PC is turned on, the stim is launched. He starts to download the update again. When the size was small, it was not a problem, but now the situation has gotten worse. 700 MB update. Swings for about 50 minutes. Is there any way I can stop this update and still continue playing safely? After all, the update is installed anyway and what's the point of pumping it every time.

Sometimes it helps to stop the download after a couple of seconds and then restore. Then it remains to download MB 70-80 from 700.

d
djjack 24.11.21

ILIA_1992
I have not come across this, but I think that if the update is downloaded again, then this is something new, and not already installed. They reign and patch a lot there, although the single is almost irrelevant. Just try to transport the TRIM offline, maybe?

h
human pixel 24.11.21

djjack
Server news and updates, you can skip everything if you press ESC once. But with the intro it doesn't work like that.

I
ILIA_1992 24.11.21

djjack The
size of the update does not change, but only changes when a new version of the game is released.
I played Witcher 2 and Hitman for a long time. Updates were not pumped with every steam launch.

It's about incentive.

d
djjack 24.11.21

man-pixel
in, damn it, thanks a lot)

ILIA_1992
unfortunately, I still did not understand what you wanted to say. I, too, neither in MGU, nor in The Witcher 3, nor in the Hitman, do not download updates again, which is logical, in general. But new micro-updates in MGS are regular, and once or twice a month, large ones are released. I also have it in STIM, yes) Perhaps you should wait 50 minutes for this update once to download and install, and not every time to cut off and download again the next time you start STIM.

I
ILIA_1992 24.11.21

djjack When

I downloaded the 700 MB update, I waited for it to finish completely. Only when the download started to play. The second time too. Then I do this.
When the update was about 120 MB, I downloaded them completely and without stopping. Anyway, when the PC was restarted, the update was being downloaded. And the bigger it is, the worse.

d
djjack 24.11.21

ILIA_1992
strange, but it is better for you to ask this question in the support of STIM.