3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Agent47rus 24.11.21 11:21 pm

Forcing anti-aliasing from the nvidia driver does not work. (Assassin's Creed: Unity)

Good afternoon, such a question: why the anti-aliasing set in the driver settings is not applied in the ASU? Anti-aliasing works only if you enable it from the game, and you cannot replace the anti-aliasing settings in the game with anti-aliasing settings from the driver, although there is such an option in the driver settings. The bottom line is that the game uses MSAA and I want to enable SSAA (available in the nvidia inspector), but as I said, only what is included in the game itself works. What is the problem?
12 Comments
Sort by:
T
The dmitry disaire 24.11.21

Maybe in the game, she still lags due to online

A
AL5 24.11.21

Agent47rus
Don't bother, the game lags at the slightest hint. I even changed the resolution to 1600x900 to play normally. By the way, what kind of vidyuha?

A
Agent47rus 24.11.21

GeForce GTX 960. Monitor 5: 4. I bet 1280x1024 + 4x MSAA (40-50 FPS). But MSAA only smooths the boundaries of objects and, as a result, leaves on trees, lattice fences, etc., ripple when moving. That is why I try to use SSAA through the driver, but it does not work, the game only perceives its settings for some reason. I xs how in AS3 and AS4, without any smoothing, the lines were straighter, but here, for some reason, compared to other games, for some reason, a record number of "ladders" at the boundaries of objects.

D
Den4ikRZK 24.11.21

Agent47rus
most likely the AnvilNext 2.0 engine on which unity is made simply does not support this type of antialiasing.
Try to put 4x MSAA + FXAA in the game for not having the best, in principle it looks very good.

A
Agent47rus 24.11.21

Den4ikRZK

But how can I put MSAA and FXAA at the same time? In the game, you need to choose either one or the other. I forgot to write: if you set MSAA 4x in the driver (in the "override application settings" mode), and set "off" in the game, then there will be no anti-aliasing, although in theory it should be the same as set in the driver.

D
Den4ikRZK 24.11.21

Agent47rus
In the game, put MSAA, and in the driver, put FXAA.

L
LEFT FOR DTF 24.11.21

Agent47rus
try not to replace, but to increase. or another executable. I do not know. wink sho something)

A
Agent47rus 24.11.21

Den4ikRZK

FXAA does not turn on via the driver either. Only in the game itself.

D
Den4ikRZK 24.11.21

Agent47rus
nvidia did something with new drivers, earlier it was possible to enable it, but now it is written in the control panel of nvidia that it is not supported.

A
Agent47rus 24.11.21

Den4ikRZK
What exactly is not supported? I have FXAA there and it is enabled, but in fact it does not work in the game. The drivers were updated a few days ago via geforce experiens

D
Den4ikRZK 24.11.21

Agent47rus
it is strange why fxaa is enabled and does not work in the game. Try to cleanly install the driver, it may help, just the game profiles will be updated.

D
Denxxx 777 24.11.21

Agent47rus
Hello friend, an identical problem I have in all games small objects flickering texture contours. Every day there are more and more victims, but the problem is unsolvable .. Today, in the drivers I set everything to max. I did it and the replacement and increase in quality did not change even the FPS did not fall. Happened I have it 2 months ago and I still struggle. Smoothing works from the game from the driver does not work .. Now I am in correspondence with the technical support of nvidia, they say that it should be so.