3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Valstyle 24.11.21 11:56 pm

How to equip a partner? (Fallout 4)

I give my teammates different guns and armor, but they don't use them. I give them everything just in dialogue (exchange). Am I doing something wrong?
13 Comments
Sort by:
M
M0f 24.11.21

Valstyle
In the exchange menu, press "T" for items.

M
M0f 24.11.21

True, it may not work with Deacon, this dude loves to dress up.

V
Valstyle 24.11.21

ok, ATP

I
Ivanych 24.11.21

Valstyle Pour
cartridges for the barrels!

P
Psythra 24.11.21

They still use weapons at their own discretion. I don’t know what to think of. Piper cannot be taken away from her pistol, not at all.

Y
Youxyxol 24.11.21

psythra
Well, in general, you can, click on the piper, inv, look at the pistol id, prid.removeitem id. I have not tried it myself, because FIG knows how the game will behave, tk. she has a gun with an infinite bz.

l
lokkie 24.11.21

Why should they change them? By default, they have barrels that they use, and there are clothes in their inventory that they wear.
Give them others, start counting the covers. For readers, this is certainly not a problem, but to be honest, the covers, of which there are so few, fly out at the speed of sound.
Again, they skillfully use only those weapons that they have by default. Piper uses pistols well, and grenades. If you give her something else, then she stops using the grains, and shoots anywhere.
From the strongman, you can pick up his automatic swallow barrel from the inventory, and pump it over. But cartridges still fly out at the speed of sound, since 38 caliber is lying around. And so he basically uses a kuvaldinator. You can give him a pumped sledgehammer, he will be glad. )
Dance uses a pure laser. You can give him a gatling. But it also does not save batteries. ))
Kat has a double-barreled gun and a fly-slayer pumped in.
Preston only uses his musket well.
In general, everyone has their own preferences. They use everything else with very low efficiency. In this case, there is no hope for them. More blunt than helping.
The clothes are the same. What they have in the inventory is what they need to wear. Except for Preston, but that one by default is the same Minuteman. ))
The Strongman has nothing in his inventory, but there are also two types of armor that he wears in the Tower. Simple and heavy.

M
ManiacFPS 24.11.21

by the way, there is no particular sense in giving them another barrel, I didn’t give them powerful cannons ... to use 0 ... only all the cartridges will be used up and in general there is no use for these partners, especially when you play stealth ... maximum you can take a dog and then, it interferes more than helps ....
ps. but you can put them in power armor, this is already a good idea, although they will not go to bed so quickly)

l
lokkie 24.11.21

especially when you play stealth
Screen above, my favorite partner, that's why. She is probably the first partner in the entire series with whom you can stealth.
She reacts, unlike others, only to the inscription - Danger. Ie when you have already specifically burned. She does not react to the inscription. Nukayetsya, at this moment, with you.
Plus, if she is given only non-automatic barrels, if necessary, then she uses grenades very well .. and shoots with pistols quite accurately.
Plus, you can twist the shura of the mura with it.
Not a woman, but a dream. )))

r
rosomaha7 24.11.21

lokkie
Kate !? I also go with her. the rest is not like that.
The Strongman got it - he needs to find all the medicine ...

l
lokkie 24.11.21

rosomaha7
Is it Kate on the screen? )
And Kate, exactly the same as Strongman. Especially if you give her a fly swatter, or a maple bat, which she has by default in her inventory. Only unlike Strongman, who can single-handedly smash the post of raiders with a sledgehammer, she dies quickly, even in power. Well, and carries a lot less stuff. )
In my opinion, of all the partners, she is the most faded, despite her tearful history. There is nowhere to apply her especially, because she is more in close combat, but she really lacks health for him. And for this there is a Strongman.
If only as an interest to drive her with you. Well, this is my personal opinion. ))

r
rosomaha7 24.11.21

lokkie
piper! She always DOES NOT like something! And so normal.

C
CheBurashka-mih 24.11.21

It is best to give your partners a pumped-up weapon with ammunition of the same type that they use, you can put on armor, but there are disadvantages after a while they still start using their personal weapons.
With the Deacon, in general, I put him in power armor, after a while, when the relationship improved, he gave me a personal code, as a result, when I wanted to kick him out of the power armor, he began to sing about the code and did not get out of the armor, I had to leave him a frame, though through for several days in real time, I went into the Podzem and found the frame just standing in the middle of the room.