3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Chessknight 24.11.21 11:59 pm

Problem with fps, hardware? (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Hello everyone! I observe the following problem in skye - after about an hour and a half of playing at ultra settings in a resolution that follows full hd (I don't remember the numbers specifically), fps starts to drop to 44 somewhere in large cities (most of all in Markarth in certain places). In open spaces, in caves, everything is in order. I do not understand if the problem is in the hardware or it should be so. It just seems to me that my computer should be enough for this game. Windows 7 Ultimate x64, percent core i5 3570, video geforce gtx 670 asus. In other games, I did not notice strong drops. There is only one problem in other games - when I play quite demanding by the standards of my computer, then long soundtracks in the music player freeze for a few seconds for a while. Temperatures are normal under load of key components.
5 Comments
Sort by:
W
WarMachine2 24.11.21

Skyrim is quite enough and full hd, the game will not be prettier anyway

W
Wreck 24.11.21

at high resolutions you can turn off anti-aliasing a little. the picture will not be worse.

C
Chessknight 24.11.21

No, the picture becomes a little clearer in this resolution. And besides, when I drop the settings lower, the game runs with a stable frame rate, which makes me think that the problem is in the hardware. After all, in theory, my computer should pull this game above full shd.

A
Andryha93x 24.11.21

The trick of Skyrim is that this is a single-threaded game and, in principle, it cannot use all the capabilities of fancy hardware.
How much operative do you cost?

C
Chessknight 24.11.21

8 gigs. So this is how it should be?