3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LaserDeath 24.11.21 11:59 pm

VATS - what type of shooting? (Fallout 4)

Sighting or from the hip? I'm just trying to figure out what improvements to put on the weapon and whether to take the Steady Hand perk. If I shoot most of the VATS.
9 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ivanych 24.11.21

Take a special on carbines, and see the description of the perks for the VPBX, because in theory, aiming is going on.

L
LaserDeath 24.11.21

Ivanych
This is understandable, we need an accurate infa - because one guide on YouTube says that VATS is shooting from the hip. So I'm trying to find out if this is true or not.

There is, for example, the Reinforced Long Barrel mod. The description reduces the accuracy from the hip. Will it reduce the accuracy of the VPBX?

s
saa0891 24.11.21

LaserDeath

because one guide on YouTube says that VATS is hip shooting. So I'm trying to find out if this is true or not.

This is nonsense, in VATS there is always aimed shooting, while taking into account all the characteristics and perks of your GG.
From the hip, this is just when you are not aiming, i.e. do not hold down the right mouse button.

There is, for example, the Reinforced Long Barrel mod. The description reduces the accuracy from the hip. Will it reduce the accuracy of the VPBX?

This just increases the accuracy both in VATS and in aimed shooting.

n
nestrbob 24.11.21

LaserDeath
Having a telescopic sight - does not make the shooter a sniper. Download the shooting perks from your main player and then in VATS critical shots will be added.

L
LaserDeath 24.11.21

thanks for answers

I
Inquisitor 24.11.21

nestrbob
The presence of a telescopic sight increases the overall accuracy and, as a consequence, the accuracy in VATS. In addition, in the branch of perception there is the "Sniper" skill, the third rank of this ability just increases the accuracy in VATS, when hitting the head, precisely from carbines with optics. And in order to gain the number of crits (so that they are "added"), you need to pump the corresponding ability in the luck branch, and the speed of filling the crit scale depends on luck, and not on accuracy, crit ALWAYS hits the target, even if the chance of hitting is 1% ..
LaserDeath
K By the way, the ability "Steady hand" has nothing to do with accuracy in VATS

E
Eroppo 24.11.21

But I got the feeling that the aiming mode is not taken into account in the watts at all - i.e. not from the hip and not aimed, but an independent third mode

I
Inquisitor 24.11.21

eroppo
You got the wrong feeling. The overall accuracy of the weapon affects the accuracy in VATS, plus the perception, plus the corresponding perks, but the "Steady Hand" ability does not increase the accuracy in VATS, because does not increase the overall accuracy of the weapon and aiming is carried out in VATS, i.e. through the sight (optics), and not from the hip. By the way, a weapon that fires two bullets at the same time, from the hip they fall next to a small spread, and when firing through the optics (or in VATS) at one point.

n
nestrbob 24.11.21

Inquisitor
Instead of having a telescopic sight - does not make the shooter a sniper, I could write: Buying a Formula 1 car - does not make the driver a racer. The bottom line is that everything requires skill and dexterity. Shooting in VATS mode also requires leveling.