3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DIMON 12 25.11.21 12:04 am

How to update BIOS on mother ASUS P5KPL AM-SE

Who knows, write if possible with screenshots or video instructions and a link to the latest bios for this mother
15 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sergey Travkin 25.11.21

download Asus update and update

D
DIMON 12 25.11.21

And how to update using this program? Are there other ways? Maybe with booting windows or through a disk or flash drive?

x
xxxDEXTERxxx 25.11.21

1. Run ASUS update, select the option "save current BIOS to file" in the drop-down list, upload this file to the flash drive (this is a backup just in case)
2. Download the latest BIOS for your motherboard from the asus website
3. In ASUS update, select "update BIOS from file "and select the file you just downloaded from their site.

D
DIMON 12 25.11.21

And there are still ways, for example in BIOS through Tools or somehow open the rom file?

H
HEMO 25.11.21

DIMON 12
http://support.asus.com.tw/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-ru
You first look at which BIOS is flashed on your mother now, otherwise it may not be newer.

E
Evgenia Kolesnikova 25.11.21

Can I install 6 [4x2] GB into this motherboard. random access memory ?

M
MKUltra 25.11.21

Evgenia Kolesnikova
So 6 or 4x2 GB?

E

King of the World
4 and 2 GB. will see together?

M
MKUltra 25.11.21

Evgenia Kolesnikova
In theory, they should, if they are inserted into different channels-slots. i.e., let's say 4GB in the black connector, 2GB in the yellow (blue, red, white, depending on the motherboard manufacturer).

I have two pairs of 2x4GB + 2x2GB. Everything works.

s
sonovv 25.11.21

King of the World
and if I want to buy 4 GB and it costs 4 GB, is it worth looking for the same brand-model or is it not so important? or insert into different slots

M
MKUltra 25.11.21

sonovv
Should work, but only in single channel mode. I will note that they should, but there is no guarantee that they will. Much depends on the modules themselves and the motherboard.
If you find exactly the same (which is unlikely), then you can try to insert into one slot in two-channel mode.

E

King of the World
That is, will the ASUS P5KPL AM-SE motherboard see them?

M
MKUltra 25.11.21

Evgenia Kolesnikova
Not a fact, considering that there are only two slots for ddr2 memory. It is advisable to use two identical modules (of the same volume, frequency, manufacturer).
So only at your own peril and risk.

As an option: sell your one module and in return buy a pair of identical ones. Used naturally, because ddr2 is no longer on sale. Although there will also be problems - if you buy, you can still find it somewhere, but sell the ddr2 module ...

A
Andrey_... 25.11.21

I changed 2 video cards for the motherboard in turn. At one point, the computer began to freeze when loading Windows. Hard changed, vidyuhu another, operative ... the beeper does not beep any malfunctions, everything is fine ... What could be the problem? Already thought about flashing the BIOS, I think they could fly off or turn off the settings ... the service life is not small ... tell me how to reflash the BIOS, and if this is not the problem, then tell me what ... motherboard asus p5kpl-am BIOS version ami 2.58 thanks in advance

x
xoen 25.11.21

Hangs when loading Windows can occur due to broken memory.
There may be overheating of the bridge / core. Clean, change thermal paste.
The power supply could sink in voltage.

Reset BIOS to default, reboot, set the desired settings, reboot. In the same place in the BIOS, look at the voltage and temperature in the monitoring section.