3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Rolento 25.11.21 12:09 am

Open Borders (Sid Meier's Civilization 5)

Does it make sense to keep borders closed to prevent technology theft? In general, what are the pluses and minuses of such a solution?
7 Comments
Sort by:
n
nobody nobody nobody 25.11.21

relations with neighbors will not exist at all. most likely best to open late in the game

D
Destroer113 25.11.21

disaper
This does not affect the theft of technologies, but if you open the borders, you can approach the enemy's capital under the guise of a peaceful passage and capture it in a couple of turns.

T
TransLatorr 25.11.21

disaper Also
, missionaries pass unhindered along the open borders and sow heresy in their native lands. Not to mention the convenient and safe passage of foreign settlers, for settling in a kosher place (where you planned to lay your own city)

P
Pavel Ryzhov 25.11.21

Destroer113

Aren't Troops Lean Back When War Is Declared?

D
Destroer113 25.11.21

Pavel Ryzhov
I don’t remember this, honestly, I haven’t played for a long time, maybe the mods were there)

i
inartr86 25.11.21

Destroer113
when war is declared, the troops are being pushed back abroad .. in the Brave World for sure ..

S
SanKa Games 25.11.21

when the borders are opened, tourism grows by 25%, there is an opportunity to take a shortcut somewhere, which can be very convenient. By the way, it is easy to defend against heresy by placing an inquisitor in the city.