3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SlavikSD 25.11.21 12:40 am

Paid Mods Or Ownership Issue (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

I went here to the forum of the author of VE, sniffed, looked, read. There is a sharp topic - the map was leaked. They write that whoever leaked is a scoundrel, a bastard and to count him.
I completely and completely agree with many that you have to pay for work. The card is excellent, 8 is even better. Hard and painstaking work done professionally.
But there is a nuance. If I paid for the card, does it mean it's mine? So I bought a Mercedes. The designer and owner of the production of the machine is not me. But I paid the money, so he is mine. I can sell it, donate it, burn it in a ditch. Would the president of the Mercedes concern or the designer of this model of the car call me a scoundrel for this? Why can't I sell or donate a card or other mod in the same way, for which I paid a certain amount and acquired it?
21 Comments
Sort by:
m
mr.dalnoboy 25.11.21

SlavikSD
That's right. This is already your property, you can do whatever you want. I support you

D
Dasha77 25.11.21

SlavikSD
ignorance of the laws does not absolve from responsibility! when she bought yours, but it is forbidden to distribute what there is copyright or property protection, in this case, some modder, I think only has a bullshit on a stick, so you can distribute his mods as much as you like)) and if he decides to defend his right, then let him please and patit tax from what he receives)))

g
gans194 25.11.21

SlavikSD I totally agree with you, this is your property and do what you want !!!!
Dasha77 You are right, but the modder can also be understood, he also invested his time and health in the mod, although on the other side of the card drain this is an advertisement, it goes back to + the modder !!

M
Matroskin 25.11.21

Dasha77
Many people play pirated copies of games, and they don't really care , or they use broken programs)

S
SlavikSD 25.11.21

gans194 is certainly understandable. That's why I paid him for the product in order to use it to the fullest.
Dasha77, I agree with you regarding copyright. And I do not claim authorship. I sell a car to my neighbor and honestly mention: "This car is made at the plant of the Daimler concern.))

S
SlavikSD 25.11.21

Matroskin, this is not the point here. About whether I become the owner of the product after purchasing it. Not the author and creator, but the Master. With the right to sell, donate, break, destroy ...

M
Matroskin 25.11.21

SlavikSD
You become the owner, but when buying private mods, the author usually asks not to change or distribute the mod to friends or even merge it into the network, so there is already an oral (not certified by a notary) contract and if such issues were not discussed during the purchase, then you can do with him what you want)

S
SlavikSD 25.11.21

Matroskin, too, is right, asks. I just think that there is no question of something notarial. The question is why I, as the owner, cannot give a mod to a friend. He's mine, not rented)

K
Kosh13 25.11.21

The game has a specific developer. Which can set prices. All other payments are actually considered illegal and are optional.

u
uncle Lyokha63 25.11.21

SlavikSD
Slavik completely agrees with you and another minus is a huge one that every week new versions are new mods again, etc., etc. In short, everything is all over again and fuck there is something to buy at all, I already wrote about tanks there as a new version and the same fashion from job

S
SlavikSD 25.11.21

Kosh13, we're not talking about the game.
Uncle Lyokha63, it is necessary to buy, the work of the developer must be paid. But the question is still open: why, after buying the mod, which is now my property, I cannot give it to someone on the street ??!

K
Kosh13 25.11.21

SlavikSD
What's the difference. Not one modder has the right to sell mods without the consent of the developers. And even more so, he cannot set any conditions for the buyer.
It's just that it's all in good conscience.

u
ubeybobra 25.11.21

Kosh13
A bit wrong. He has no right to sell anything at all, since he does not own at least partial rights to the game itself. All he can sell is some models that he himself piled for the map and which he uses to build the map. But the base itself and all the materials and other models do not belong to him, he is not the developer of the game

K
Kosh13 25.11.21

ubeybobra
Can't, because for creation, one way or another, the tools created by the developers were used.
If agreed with the developers, it can, but the developers will never go for it. The sad experience has already been.

T
Tols 25.11.21

Dasha77
Not only in paid mods, they use models for free use and from other games, themselves violating other people's rules

S
SlavikSD 25.11.21

Kosh13
Tols
Gentlemen! The topic is gradually leaving for the steppe under the name "Can I make and sell mods" The
initial question sounded somewhat different: why, after buying a mod and giving it to a neighbor, like a heretic, am I being persecuted by the mod's church))

u
ubeybobra 25.11.21

SlavikSD
Yes, because all the circles are of interest. Search the contacts for Gobu and look at the comments of idolaters. They just tear them for feathers)), although reading from idleness is very delivery. It's time for him to organize a pension fund named after Goba, although the Department for Economic Crimes is crying for him. everyone is simply pursuing their own selfish goal. Whatever you call it, an application for receipt or a voluntary donation, or an overstated oath not to give and not to drain, on pain of all the Internet shame, or a scan of a passport as insurance ... everyone and everywhere has its own fight club EPT ... and each topographer or the modder is the king and god of the universe .... all this hat and a set of pixels on the monitor, and your personal business is to drain, give or something else .... As they say, lunch is paid for, cutlets are eaten

S
SlavikSD 25.11.21

ubeybobra
Well, sensible and beautiful. Thank you for your opinion. I support.

K
Kosh13 25.11.21

SlavikSD
Yes, because the modder is duck. A real duck. That's the whole answer to the question.

S
SlavikSD 25.11.21

Kosh13
And why exactly "duck"?))