3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Z
Zuk 25.11.21 12:49 am

Critical article about \ "Wizardry 8 \" (Wizardry 8)

In general, the game is very pleasant and the plot is not even bad at all. But there are some negative points. I do not even take into account the engine that slows down regardless of system resources, absolutely flat textures, monotonous dull intellect of monsters, etc.

What I hated most was plagiarizing ourselves ... I, of course, mean Wizardry7.
I was very pleased with the new city on a tree and the Trynnie race. The Bayjin area and the underwater tunnels are well done. I've seen the rest. I even wondered how many "similarities" I could find with Wizardry 7 (not in the order of the game):

1) Collecting vines in Trinton, tying them into one rope to climb to the Rattkin Tree. I remember in the 7th part we did everything one-on-one in the mountains to get a magic helmet. By the way,
about the birds. Right there we assemble this helmet again in order to withstand the power of Dest.Dominusa.

2) All this bummer with a shaman in Trinton painfully resembles a shaman in the city of Munkharama. Only this time we are not smoking, but drinking and sniffing. :))

3) Mine tunnels. In wizardy 7, by the way, it was much more difficult to go through exactly the same tunnels, however, the role of trolleys there was performed by the flow of water. But the principle remained.

4) Rapax. There is nothing to even talk about. Any fan of Wiz 7 will immediately remember OrkOgre Castle and the Horns living in it, who were also shamans and fighters and samurai, who also had endless intrigues, kings and queens, etc. To a pain in my heart, I recall the pickling of Munk meat in the warehouses of Orkeogre Castl, when you see pickled Trinnies in bottles in the basement of Rapax Castl. But how do you say !! But what about the grand initiation process? How, how, everything is simple. Remember DANE TOWER in Wiz7? There, the initiation process
was even more abrupt.

6) Now about the sea. Well, of course! It was impossible not to make a super fat and scary monster of the seas, like in the dragon caves in wizardry7? Here you are - the monster Nessie, floating like a sponge in a puddle!

7) Arnica. This is a separate conversation. Plagiarism is rife here. Well, to begin with, it was not possible to avoid the construction of Starport, and the Mukov ship hanging out there. Immediately I remembered SUN CITY, where the Helazoids lived. Well, God bless him. We could not avoid the scene with the attack of the savants on Vi Domin -> it will be remembered, on the way to the city of Tyrang in Wizardry7 we saw a one-to-one scene. True, there were other roles, but the essence remained. Let's see what else is the same Condemned House (by the way, I never got there in Wizardry 8), then the
prison, of course, should be the same. Well, the weapon seller is a cool Rapax (as in Wiz 7 - Horn), just a duplicate of some kind.

8) Tirangi. Well, here, of course, it was impossible to change too much, since the traditions and habits of the whole race must remain the same. This is of course correct, the authors did their best, here they have a separate thx, but the mission with the calculation of the coordinates of the ship is somehow completely old.

9) Umpani. One on one with Wizardry 7. Only houses where you can poke around became even less. It's a shame. It's also a shame that if you start the game as Umpani (importing a walkthrough from Wiz7), they greet you with stupid words and again force you to go through training (although you have already gone through it so much in the previous part!) Well what can I say. Training with Umpani is a must for all Wizardry! Duty Power Victory! =)

10) Zoo. Nice of course, but too plagiarized. I don't even say that
the zoo was in Wizardry7, then they managed to shove it in as many as two cities.
It is a pity that there is no Arnica ...

These are the observations. It is possible that I did not remember all the similar details with the previous version of the game, but this is already enough. It is immediately clear that the authors made the game in such a way as to collect as much $$$ as possible from new players, and not wizardry veterans, for their care. They took into account almost everything that made Wizardry 7 popular, added contrasts (so as not to release Wizardry 7-II) and truncated, it's done! See for yourself - even the plot has remained the same. Nothing has changed: Dark Savant wants to have all the gingerbread again, Umpani and Tirangi, who also want these gingerbreads, interfere with him, and as a result, You come and eat all these gingerbreads yourself. And from the beginning everything was furnished more than beautifully: In addition to Tyrangs Umpanei and Savant, there is also MUK! and BELA! which do NOT SHIT during the game (and at the end, by the way, too). The finale pleases: here they squeezed out everything that is possible,

I wonder how they are going to make Wizardry 9 with such an ending ... Most likely
Dark Savant is not dead AGAIN, and everything is all over again ....

-----------

I did not speak about the good sides of Wizardry 8, for any player can easily
identify them for himself. But I couldn't help but mention plagiarism)) ..
If someone wants to discuss this topic -> [email protected]
5 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sundary 25.11.21

Anyone! Squeak for help! How to find a shaman on the upper branches of Thrinton, having Zuzu Petals and some kind of sacred tome with pictures. Moreover, the Fuzzfas Merchant admits to the presence of Mystery Potion, but it is not clear how to buy it ... I suffer for two weeks :(

V
Vasia 25.11.21

AnnA You
need to go into the room that opens with a blue ball there, in turn, go to the room called "The Seventh Branch", stand in front of the sign with the name "Seventh Branch" and "use" Zu-zu petals and a Mysterious Potion, having previously bought it from the merchant- Trinny Fazars (it costs a little over a thousand gold). The Shaman will appear.

M
Mafioso 25.11.21

What is a dead ligu for, who knows the thread?

P
PlayGround.ru 25.11.21

The terrible secret of a dead frog is lost in the centuries: D But I will open it to you. Feed her Bobo (^_^)

K
Kay Ovald 25.11.21

For me, this is one of my favorite so-called old school games. There is a wonderful mixture of SF and Fantasy and a gorgeous plot (albeit with the notorious search for artifacts), great music, battles.
Yes, everything is fine and extremely interesting and varied. A masterpiece of tactical RPG.