3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
defox1 25.11.21 12:58 am

New video card on an old motherboard and processor

In general, there is a GTX 950 card
There is a mother with support for DDR2 memory (2 strips of 1000 MHz 2GB and 1GB are plugged in) PCI Express 2.0
https://www.asus.com/ru/Motherboards/M3A78CM/

There is an AMD Phenom X4 9650 4 processor cores of 2.3 GHz
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/amd/C...us-2Mb-95W-3600MHz-Socket-AM2-plus_75397.html

Is the video card actually suitable and if it does, how will it be work.
13 Comments
Sort by:
d
defox1 25.11.21

And it is possible in more detail about the power. That is, if a vidyushka starts to consume more than 75 watts, it will not be able to consume more than 75 watts, or what?

d
defox1 25.11.21

Now I struck. The consumption of the video card is written at 90 watts. So it won't work?

d
defox1 25.11.21

And one more thing. The card has an additional 6-pin connector for connecting additional power from the power supply. So what is possible and will do?

M
MunchkiN 616 25.11.21

depends on the resolution.
badly stupid there with memory. in one channel and a little for modern
work 950 will depend on the resolution. however, the computer at best will be on minimalist all shader without anti-aliasing, respectively, high 900p and average at 1080p.
plus I think in modern games these are endless freezes and crashes at all settings.

My GTX 650 on PCI-E 2.0 went without problems.
But keep in mind that a 2.0 throughput less than 3.0
for a card of this tier is a complete spit. I will even tell you according to the secret of 980, this one will noticeably cut the fps of the current when it is over 130-150 fps

d
defox1 25.11.21

SonyK.
The unit stands at 500W. I measured it on a special site, he showed me that about 150W still remains in stock.

d
defox1 25.11.21

SonyK.
The main thing for me is that any game can be played with resolution norms at least on medium ones with good fps. I do not expect anything else)

d
defox1 25.11.21

SonyK.
I've looked at a huge amount of tests. It took a very long time to determine. At the moment, this is a top-end video card price / quality. Runs almost all games at high settings in Full HD, and does not feel undemanding games at all. But in my case, yes, games can freeze due to weak cores and FPS may not reach high values, again due to the processor. But this is a matter of time. Over time, I will update both mother and percent and RAM.

I
I am Batman 25.11.21

Let me join you. I have a trace. config: FX-8150, Radeon HD 6870 (PCI 2.0 of course) and 8 GB of opera. Since AMD has recently announced that they are stopping support for the 6th and 7th series of video cards, I have to take a new vidyahu soon. The choice fell on the 960th. The power supply unit stands at 650, and since this vidyahi has low consumption, I think it will not be necessary to change the power supply unit. The question is: will the new items be able to reach 1080p in the near future?

G
GG4 25.11.21

defox1
950 it makes no sense to take it at all, it's squalor and not a map. Better than the 960th for that matter, it is certainly not very good either, but at medium settings it will pull out in new products. Price / performance This is a 970-ideal graphics card, but it also needs a 4-core processor from Intel. With your processor, it is better not to buy video cards at all, there will be no sense, first of all, change it, at the same time you will install a normal RAM.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.11.21

I'm Batman,
well, you have it about 3 times faster than the author of the topic, then probably yes. in extreme cases, it can be overclocked a little.
so that this cpu should provide 30fps in principle.
another thing is that the processor is still especially 720p or 1080p. therefore, it is more appropriate to pose the pitch of the question - will the card draw. And not at the maximum 4GB so it should.

I
I am Batman 25.11.21

MunchkiN 616
Well, in fact, judging by the tests, it should be created for Full HD. I'm not chasing 4K.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 25.11.21

I'm Batman
In Full HD at 60 FPS 950, of course, not all games will pull. But at 40 in a smaller resolution and without any anti-aliasing - maybe it will.

I
ISurvivor 25.11.21

GG4
I have 960 for 4GB ,. new toys at high-maximum launches without problems