3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Roman Pivovarov 25.11.21 01:30 am

Socet 2011 vs Socet 2011 v 3. What is the difference and is it worth taking?

Good day everyone! I am choosing a new gaming PC, I try to choose everything in order not to change parts for longer and there was an overclocking potential. Explain whether it is worth switching to the 2011 socket or staying at 1150, and in general what is its + and -, it was not possible to find a reasonable explanation in Google except for links to Wikipedia.
11 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 25.11.21

Socket 2011 is already old,
its difference is in 4-channel memory operation and the presence of more lines for the video card sobsvenna
there is the coolest processor i7 3960x if. I do not confuse. 6 nuclear 12 line which, despite almost 4 years of age, can still intimidate poorly optimized schoolchildren.
Its own pluses are high memory bandwidth,
no graphics core
and better multi-GPU performance. if you need to collect a pitch with 3 or 4 video cards or 2 two-chip, this is there. so there are boards with plc that support all 64 lines against a current of 32 for similar boards at 1150. but there is a certain pitch feature.
however, there is a caveat that the bandwidth of the 1150 processor still remains at the level of 16 lines, while in 2011 I will not say exactly 36 or 48.
schA already on the principle of lga2011 to buy shopping mall probably out of production.
newer lga 2011-3 differs in support of ddr4 by analogy with lga1151
and actually 6-core 12-thread and 8-core 16-thread processors excluding server ones. in 1150-1, such stones are not observed in the non-server segment in any case.
express lines are the same. for the younger stone 28, if I am not mistaken, for the older ones 48.
Also, these motherboards are suitable to easily put a lot of memory there. for example 64GB is no longer a problem for this platform, while 1151 is more or less only 32 GB

In fact, the disadvantages are that they have less overclocking potential, they are thicker and they have more thermal imaging,
well, and the relative disadvantage is quite a painful price,

game performance, how to say ... so far there are no such demanding games so that there is, say, a 2-fold difference,
by analogy, you can recall, for example, 7 980x 1366 which is still very cool and younger brothers from a younger socket of the same time period who are already in oblivion and if they squeeze it out very hard.
I think the analogy is clear.
whether it is worth taking is largely up to the wallet and performance requirement.

R
Roman Pivovarov 25.11.21

MunchkiN 616
Thank you very much for the sensible answer!

D
DartMaul 25.11.21

MunchkiN 616
its difference in 4-channel memory operation
Difference from what? For 2011v3 it is also a quad. Only there DDR4 and 2011 DDR3.
3960x
4960X
in 2011 36 or 48, I won't say exactly .
40 PCI-E
lanes lga2011
buy Buy
they have less overclocking potential
In the 24/7 range, there
are no such demanding games yet so that there is, say, a 2-fold difference

How many of your posts I don’t read, dear, in every line or inaccuracies, or outright lies. There is no need to mislead the people, and even more so to speak out on issues on which there is no clear understanding.

n
nosferatu_2033 25.11.21

Intel Xeon E3-1231 should be taken) The most profitable purchase today.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.11.21

DartMaul
well, where there is no clear knowledge or I did not check it and I actually write what I don’t know for sure.
while there are no such demanding games so that there is, say, a 2-fold difference.
Vidyah will be delivered.
only with overclocking and for example in total var Rome 2 judging by the tests it will be so. in other cases, at 4790 and 6700 and 5960 without overclocking, I think it will be 40-80% but not 100+ at full load. The only thing I think is that, for example, with 3-4 980 - titans 1151-1150, it will simply go to the bottom, so the physical performance without appropriate loads will be higher and the bandwidth is small. the result is not hundreds of fps, but horseradish with oil and micro-friezes.
by overclocking, I mean both a way to achieve overclocking and an overclocking limit. on the corresponding mother, the overclocking limit of 5960 for stable operation is approximately the same as for the usual overclocking of 4790. However, the initial heat packet of the first processor is much higher for each hertz arrives faster. so I question the guaranteed overclocking capability of the 5960x in air, say to 4.5 GHz. Considering that the maximum heat packs of air coolers are in the region of 300-350ft and their actual efficiency is somewhat lower, it is unlikely that this socket should be driven strongly without water. however, the overclocking efficiency of the latter is naturally much higher.
maybe I blatantly lied somewhere of course.

nosferatu_2033
Intel Xeon E3-1231 (V3 Haswell) should be taken) The most profitable purchase for today.
The most advantageous from the point of view of performance to the price is i7 5930k, I think
xeon hasvel is essentially the same processor of the same frequency without overclocking and an unlocked multiplier in games.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.11.21

W3aMisterWinner
but you may forget that kseon unlikely to put in any mat board. although I did not check it, I’m not sure, but its support is listed specifically in the MP class of all and purely server-based, and in any pop shirpotrepe Tim asus maximum 7 is not.
and 5820 is a stub without part of the lines. with it, a lot of sense is lost in buying for a multi-GPU. and without a multi GPU, the whole meaning of lies 2011 is lost. It turns out a modest graphics station with a Quattro and this processor for work. there is no sense for gambling.
maybe there if you collect pitch for 100500 years and enjoy a stable 30-40fps when other stones fall.

by the way, the next processor on the list with a performance price ratio is some kind of fx 9xxx and a set of a young overlocker

M
MunchkiN 616 25.11.21

W3aMisterWinner
he works at 16 + 8. unlike 4790 where 8 + 8. and older 2011 where 16 + 16 + 8
makes sense to you in a lie 2011 if you don’t see the difference only in 4-channel ddr and an extra pair of cores for something there
and install 3 cards on it, you can finally get work 16 + 4 + 4 lul, overcame how there is soldered on the mat.

n
nosferatu_2033 25.11.21

MunchkiN 616 Well, how can not any. And why? It looks like a normal socket, 1150.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.11.21

nosferatu_2033
I was once puzzled with this question because I did not want a graphics core. with a motherboard that I once looked at the compatibility was
recently when a similar question was raised on the forum, I decided to check with the popular gigabute boards asrok and asus and found that in a number of motherboards there are no motherboards, but only professional ones support. Even the Euga classifed is not like,
therefore, a mat board in the region of 20k or a dull piece of server green textolite.
for example, xeon support is not indicated for you
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/motherboards_asustek/ASUS-MAXIMUS-VII-FORMULA-RTL-LGA1150-Z97-3xPCI-EHDMI-plus-DP-GbLAN-plus-WiFi-plus -BT-SATA-RAID-ATX-4DDR-III_192375.html
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/motherboards_gigabyte/GIGABYTE-GA-Z87X-OC-rev10-11-RTL-LGA1150-Z87-4xPCI-E-2xHDMI-plus-DP-GbLAN-SATA-RAID-ATX- 4DDR-III_158128.html
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/motherboards_asrock/ASRock-Fatal1ty-Z97X-Killer-RTL-LGA1150-Z97-3xPCI-E-Dsub-plus-DVI-plus-HDMI-GbLAN-SATA -RAID-ATX-4DDR-III_187895.html
but
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/motherboards_asustek/ASUS-P9D-E-4L-RTL-LGA1150-C224-PCI-E-plus-SVGA-plus is indicated -4xGbLAN-SATA-RAID-ATX-4DDR-III_166333.html
about the same on the manufacturers website.
of course, if someone shows on a live computer that it works ... otherwise the baker would not be chasing cheapness.

fake2011 x79 and x99 do not seem to have such problems; their server CPUs are suitable for toy mp

n
nosferatu_2033 25.11.21

MunchkiN 616 Well .. here I can agree, in any case, since I will do the next assembly from scratch for myself (since I've been using FX for a long time, it's time for Intel), of course, on skylayka.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.11.21

to summarize why I didn’t start collecting pitch-pitch based on 1150-1151 and
3 poor processor. for gambling, the current is not suitable in any way as a plug for an average video card
and 5 no matter how it impresses and is expensive, despite the fact that it does not impress and
7 as it is very expensive. the difference of 10-15-20 thousand for me somehow diffuses against the background of the fact that I will buy some rather expensive piece that can upset my pitch plans.
a platform at a fairly high price should be planned for a fairly long period, and here in his analytical couch mind, min has the following pitch considerations.
First of all, I can't imagine a game pitch without a multi GPU since the time of sruzis. for this reason, as well as for the reason that the two-chip seems to have become a thing of the past or will not be very convenient in price and the MP must have at least 2 express trains. the bandwidth of the express really interests me not too much, and I aim at 30 fps, and the bandwidth affects only in large fps, similarly to the video card bus and so on. Also, the desire to put an extra video card for physics has long disappeared from me due to the lack of it and the increase in wb in the latest nvidia cards.
with such attitudes and requirements, I do not see the point in lga2011, as I noted there above. plus it is not yet clear how the move under the new express standard and the suspended state of shm5.x and higher will take place.
however, based on my graphical research and impressions, I conclude that modern games will largely suffer from optimization from a lack of CPU memory bandwidth. because most likely there will be more games with non-realtime lighting. Pitch optimization will duplicate the cache for the video card, respectively, heavier textures and a longer drawing range with light maps, the requirements of ultra-high pitches of max are pushed up to a level that is difficult to achieve for modern budget memory and sockets in 2-3 years.
however, I often predict pitch in a string, so I cannot be sure that it will be so.
for example, I criticized assemblies i5 2500k performance 10, 4gb and 560ti premium batelfield schoolboy3, speaking in favor of generally more nuclear and many memorable foundations for 2 years and this should have become rubbish that cannot be upgraded, however, as you can see, progress is lagging behind.
from this I cannot be sure that for example in 4 years i7 47xx- 6600 will become physically incapable of playing on ultras and 5930 and higher will be. however, out of reluctance to buy intermediate platforms, I prefer to take the most expensive and thickest in order to suffer and squeeze the potential on it.
but with fx som it is quite simple. 8 I bought a venom once there 2-3 years ago. even if it was at a cost like a good intel peka, experimental white overclocking and all that, but let it go without regret. although it certainly would have frayed nerves in a number of games.
even I had such an option when she was considering something like asrok 990 extreme 9 fx 81xx or so ultra memory and so on and refused.
the reason for the lie2011 as I already noted in the MGPU. Thus, in my opinion, it is quite obvious for those who want to go ultra-smoothly to 4k without waiting for the cards following the Pascal without this 2011 in any way. and even if it is not enough, the current economy can go sideways.
but in other respects for me this question is no longer relevant, in fact, I proceeded to assemble a fake2011-3 with all lul lines.