3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nikita237 25.11.21 01:38 am

What are the most demanding places in the game? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I decided to go to 4k, in the initial location everywhere 30fps except swamps, there are 27, are there more demanding places? if there is how much?
16 Comments
Sort by:
G
Grandfather MastDai 25.11.21

Nikita237
Like Novigrad most of all eats resources. And how much depends on the settings of the game and the configuration of the computer.
I have stable 60 fps everywhere. And in Novigrad there are short-term drawdowns of up to forty. On Skellig, this is generally over a hundred.

r
regeger 25.11.21

Nikita237 The
initial location is the "lightest" in terms of the load on the hardware. In Novigrad, with a normal operative and SSD, everything is similar to the White Garden - just a larger number of NPCs per square meter .. The most difficult places for me personally are the swamps in Velen, and some places from the add-on.
In a word, the most difficult places in Velen are how the first load goes on arrival there, then check right away.

G

Finlife
is just a larger number of NPCs per sq.m ..
as well as polygons, small details and shadows.

t
thelostkz 25.11.21

In the dlsish location Stone Hearts, where the quest is about a wedding, but it also depends on the time of day, in the daytime there the least amount of FPS was issued on my system

r
regeger 25.11.21

ZorbaBudda
No, swamps hang the video card very much even in comparison with Novigrad. The range of drawing in the city does not matter, so there are no such loads. Personally, this is how it works on 2 different systems.

G

Finlife
Well, I just described my case. Didn't experience any performance problems in swamps, unlike Novigrad.

r
regeger 25.11.21

ZorbaBudda
That's why the product of the Poles, here it hangs for certain users, here for certain) Let him try to look, although he has already unsubscribed about the drop in frames in the swamps in the BS. Novigrad more affects the RAM for me personally, there is no special load for the video card.

d
djjack 25.11.21

Novigrad loads the CPU most of all, and this place is the most demanding for the GPU:

But the save for the test - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rC_8UihAZTbkVMT0NrdHZIUlk/view

G

Finlife
I agree, in Novigrad, with my settings, it eats more than 6 gigs of operatives, in other locations it is 2 times less, and I have only 8.

G
GameFilmsPlus 25.11.21

Nikita237 the Witcher
3 in 3D the most demanding moments from the outrageous had to move to the average to keep 30fps (((

B
Bupycop 25.11.21

Nikita237
The most demanding ones, when you have nvidia hairworks turned on, you go into the house and the camera zooms in to your hair, then even on top-end vidyah, the FPS can sag very much.

S
Stribogg 25.11.21

The meaning of this whole topic is not clear .. I decided to go through 4k, go through. Somewhere, if fps drops, it means there will be ..

r
raverss 25.11.21

Go get medical treatment. Ten times to go through the same thing - this is called insanity. Passed - forgot, passed - forgot again.

H
Hulio_Perdulio 25.11.21

The biggest drawdowns of FPS in the game are in dense forests with a bunch of enemies and special effects. Novigrad and any other city is generally a paradise, yes, there are a lot of people, objects, houses, etc., but all this, oddly enough, does not really affect performance (apparently well optimized). The video card is especially crappy when Hairworks is turned on and there is a battle with a pack of wolves, for example, or the camera comes close to Geralt. But this does not apply to 4K - at this resolution, even 2 GTX 980Ti will not be enough for maximum settings.
I had GTX 970, 980 and 980Ti graphics cards. So, it was only possible to play in 1920x1080 with all the outrageous settings (with Hairworks) on the GTX 980Ti, and even on it there were subsidences (in the places I mentioned). With Hairworks turned off, you can play at maximum speed and on a GTX 970 (overclocked) and the average fps will be 50-60.
In 4K, the GTX 980Ti showed a measly 30 frames per second, after 60 - it's some kind of slideshow, playing, to put it mildly, is not comfortable.
PS, in the swamps on the GTX 980Ti it was about 100 fps (1920 × 1080)
And at the expense of the initial location (ghouls around the fire with a vesemir), it's not true, it is not so easy, it more or less reflects the overall picture.

-
-SERGEY- 25.11.21

In Freya's grove, fps sits where Morkvarg is.

Y
Youxyxol 25.11.21

-SERGEY-
Catch plus, it also sits good FPS there.