3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
cayenne777 26.11.21 10:51 pm

\ "Video driver stopped responding and was recovered \" on sweetfx (Fallout 4)

The standard soap graphics with too light colors did not suit me, I decided to download sweetfx. I installed everything, the graphics became prettier, but after 1-3 minutes the game crashes and the error "The video driver stopped responding and was successfully restored" appears. I tried almost all sweetfx presets: still the same error after a couple of minutes, even if the graphics are set to low. Without sweetfx, not a single departure in 9 hours. All drivers have been updated. The beta patch doesn't help. System: i5 4460, r9 380, 8gb. Who knows what the problem is and how to fix it?
14 Comments
Sort by:
B
BoB_Er 26.11.21

Overheating vidyushki, download CPUID HWMonitor - run the program - start the game - play - when the game crashes, look at the temperature of the video card in the program.

s
shhelkun 26.11.21

I've been putting sweetfx in games for about 2.5 years, I only use cards from nvidia, the video driver hasn't crashed ...

N
NorthernSky 26.11.21

cayenne777
BoB_Er the case says.

D
Dimash Zhagiparov 26.11.21

video cards from radeons overheat very much, it is better not to install a sweep, or install additional cooling

c
cayenne777 26.11.21

BoB_Er
Dimash Zhagiparov
Msi afterburner monitors everything, the temperature does not rise above 70 in the fallout. Of all the games, only crysis 3 and the witcher had a temperature of 73, but it did not crash, so overheating has absolutely nothing to do with it. I download another repack, suddenly it will help, as I put it and I will say the result

M
Maxim1900 26.11.21

be sure to sign off, the same problem)))

c
cayenne777 26.11.21

Maksim1900
Installation of repack from fenixx helped. I also installed enb, which seems to help with friezes, but fps from 60 to 30 still sometimes drops, but this is not the point. Most importantly, departures have stopped.

M
Maxim1900 26.11.21

cayenne777
Thank you! We will try.

c
cayenne777 26.11.21

Maxim1900
Not at all. If anything, then the problem with friezes was solved by setting the distance of the shadows to medium

T
Tw1kS327 26.11.21

cayenne777
Same thing, crashes. Right now I'll try to download the repack from the phoenix

c
cayenne777 26.11.21

After a while, these flights returned again. When I took down sweetfx, there were no more crashes, so the problem is in sweetfx 2.0, as I understand it. I don't want to play with standard graphics at all, so I downloaded VOGUE ENB (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42/?). The gamma has become prettier, the soap has been removed, and most importantly, there are no more flights. Hope it helps someone

M
Mercurionio 26.11.21

Dimash Zhagiparov
And you vk ursa that the 9xx series heats up the same way, or even more than the radeonki? Or just to blurt out?
PS: yes, the 2xx series is hot, but I'm talking about the TSa vidyuhu. And there is 70 degrees under load, which is not critical for a card at all.
cayenne777
SPS! For a long time I wanted to remove the soap, and the rest of the presets turn the game into ripped-eyed crap.

s
shuraly 26.11.21

The same thing started, sweetfx didn't. There were departures, but rarely. And here this inscription is straight every 10-15 minutes. I finished playing already up to level 52, it's a shame. Seven 64 / i7-3770k 3.50GHz / 8GB RAM / NVIDIA GTX670. I play at medium settings

N
Niko Belik 26.11.21

The video driver sometimes crashes 3-4 times in a row. I did not install any graphics enhancers. Iron i5 4690k, amd r9 380, 8gb.